• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

sealed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

OBJECTION!
That is just a mere theory! The director himself hasn't stated that MX is Xehanort but lost his memories! If MX was sealed in Terra's heart surely he would've undo some changes like yellow eyes, white hair, etc.
No he wouldn't have. Naminé said that he would be able to go back to exactly who he used to be, that implies that no physical or such changes would have been made because of it (with the exception of him losing his memory)

Like Miles Edgeworth said, he would of undergo some changes, honestly having a schychotic keyblade wielding old man sealed in your heart has to to do something to your appearence.
The whole point of the locking is so that the 'psychotic keyblade weild old man' wouldn't be able to do anything.

By using the word “never” Namine implied that not a single part of Xehanort’s Heartless could ever escape. That includes essence, spirit, wisp, or anything that may modify the person in whom the darkness was sealed.

However, that’s not to say that the process of the sealing doesn’t change the vessel physically, just that it could never happen after the initial sealing.
Like I said before, she also says that Riku would be able to go back to the way he was before the darkness was in his heart, this implies that no physical changes would be made at all. Here is a quote just incase you missed it:

Re:CoM said:
Namine: The darkness in your heart will be sealed along with your memory.
You'll stop remembering the darkness. You can go back to the way you
used to be.
It's your choice, Riku.

^well aqua could have the same power as namine and that's why nomura has'nt been giving any info on her.
Why would having Naminé-like powers keep Nomura from releasing information on her? He could just release screen captures and what not that have nothing to do with her supposed powers. I believe the real reason that we aren't getting any Aqua news yet is because they haven't finished/started working on her scenario yet.

Maybe a dark corridor. Now that Terra had MX inside of him, it could allow Terra to use the power of darkness.
The whole point of sealing Xehanort away was so that the darkness would never get to him again. Meaning Terra wouldn't be able to use dark powers if MX was sealed inside of him. Nothing would happen to him except memory loss. Here is a quote, again, to prove my point.

Namine: It's not about your memories. It's about your darkness. In your heart
is darkness, and in that darkness is Ansem
. Right now, he's at bay, but
eventually he'll awaken, and he'll conquer you when he does. Let me use
my power before that happens. With it, I can lock your heart tight. I
can make it so Ansem never escapes.

Riku: And what happens to me if I let you do that? Will I forget everything,
like Sora? I will, won't I?
You'll stop remembering the darkness
. You can go back to the way you
used to be. It's your choice, Riku.

Changes as in when he decides to undergo with them.
Again, not possible, read above quotes.

Awards
No he wouldn't have. Naminé said that he would be able to go back to exactly who he used to be, that implies that no physical or such changes would have been made because of it (with the exception of him losing his memory)

The whole point of sealing Xehanort away was so that the darkness would never get to him again. Meaning Terra wouldn't be able to use dark powers if MX was sealed inside of him. Nothing would happen to him except memory loss. Here is a quote, again, to prove my point.
There's nothing implying that he would have no physical changes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a complete memory loss is not "back to the way he was." Why? Because she isn't referring to every aspect of Riku, she's talking about his character. And it's not as though she could have acquired the knowledge from past experience anyway.

Wouldn't be able to use dark powers? Really? Because, and we only have common sense to dictate this, it sounds as though he could easily. Why? MX would be locked in his heart, but that is not to say that, because of the memory loss, Terra would not be prone to use darkness. Sealing one being of darkness in a heart=/=Sealing off darkness period.

The fact of the matter is that everyone is offering speculation on the theory, it isn't by any means trying to prove something. You, however, are trying to disprove it using Association Fallacy to justify that the theory is false. You apply Riku's case to Terra in an exact manner, trying to prove it wrong, which is an error in debating. Unfortunately, that means you also have the Burden of Proof, and considering that most of your evidence derived from Riku's case is hypothesizing (such as what would have happened if Riku chose otherwise), there is nothing sufficient in it.

To conclude, you're plainly being stubborn about accepting this as a plausible theory for whatever reason. I personally recommend you stop being a hardass about it and let people speculate as they please, unless you have legitimate proof otherwise.

A

Audo

There's nothing implying that he would have no physical changes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a complete memory loss is not "back to the way he was." Why? Because she isn't referring to every aspect of Riku, she's talking about his character. And it's not as though she could have acquired the knowledge from past experience anyway.
She can read his memories, she knows all of his past experiences if she so pleases. And in Kingdom Hearts, memories are crucial to a being. The Organization relies heavily on their memories in order to recreate a personality/emotion. If Naminé knew all of Riku's memories, then she would know his past life.

Wouldn't be able to use dark powers? Really? Because, and we only have common sense to dictate this, it sounds as though he could easily. Why? MX would be locked in his heart, but that is not to say that, because of the memory loss, Terra would not be prone to use darkness. Sealing one being of darkness in a heart=/=Sealing off darkness period.
I didn't mean to say that it would be sealing off darkness completely, I was saying that he wouldn't be able to use the darkness simply because MX was locked in his heart. That would defeat the purpose of sealing him there in the first place if he could use dark powers because of it.

The fact of the matter is that everyone is offering speculation on the theory, it isn't by any means trying to prove something. You, however, are trying to disprove it using Association Fallacy to justify that the theory is false. You apply Riku's case to Terra in an exact manner, trying to prove it wrong, which is an error in debating. Unfortunately, that means you also have the Burden of Proof, and considering that most of your evidence derived from Riku's case is hypothesizing (such as what would have happened if Riku chose otherwise), there is nothing sufficient in it.

To conclude, you're plainly being stubborn about accepting this as a plausible theory for whatever reason. I personally recommend you stop being a hardass about it and let people speculate as they please, unless you have legitimate proof otherwise.
You're being just as stubborn in trying to prove that it is legitimate.
You're trying to say that me using evidence from Riku's case is wrong, yet that is exactly what the theory is derived from. The whole thing is speculation, and I'm just trying to offer a reason why it wouldn't be plausable. You can chose to believe that it is, or you can chose to believe that it isn't, but both sides should have reasons for stating what they did. And that's all I've done is state a reason as to why it wouldn't be plausable, based on what we do know about sealing off darkness. There really isn't concrete proof either way.

Awards
She can read his memories, she knows all of his past experiences if she so pleases. And in Kingdom Hearts, memories are crucial to a being. The Organization relies heavily on their memories in order to recreate a personality/emotion. If Naminé knew all of Riku's memories, then she would know his past life.
What does this have to do with change in physical appearance?

I didn't mean to say that it would be sealing off darkness completely, I was saying that he wouldn't be able to use the darkness simply because MX was locked in his heart. That would defeat the purpose of sealing him there in the first place if he could use dark powers because of it.
Really, so you know what the purpose of that sealing is? In Riku's case, it was so Xehanort's Heartless couldn't escape. And that has nothing to do with preventing any use of darkness.

You're being just as stubborn in trying to prove that it is legitimate.
Nope. You don't understand clearly. I am siding with the theory. I am not try to prove anything by it. It's a valid theory. You're trying to disprove it, ie you have burden of proof. If I were saying that it was true, that would be another story.

You're trying to say that me using evidence from Riku's case is wrong, yet that is exactly what the theory is derived from. The whole thing is speculation, and I'm just trying to offer a reason why it wouldn't be plausable. You can chose to believe that it is, or you can chose to believe that it isn't, but both sides should have reasons for stating what they did. And that's all I've done is state a reason as to why it wouldn't be plausable, based on what we do know about sealing off darkness. There really isn't concrete proof either way.
Not at all. I'm saying that you're using wrongly established "evidence" from the Riku case and applying it to another. If you're only trying to "offer a reason why it wouldn't be plausable," then we wouldn't be having this conversation. You're offering your own proof of why it can't be possible, not that it isn't probable. And if there's no concrete proof, that is where you get off your high horse and back off.
There aren't two sides presented in this argument, just one, yours. I am not saying that the theory is true. I am saying it's possible (not necessarily probable). You are saying it can't be true. Positive vs Negative? No. Neutral vs Negative.

A

Audo

What does this have to do with change in physical appearance?
I was referring to your comment that she wouldn't know his past experiences.

Really, so you know what the purpose of that sealing is? In Riku's case, it was so Xehanort's Heartless couldn't escape. And that has nothing to do with preventing any use of darkness.

That seems to say that it also is sealing away darkness, which in turn would prevent use of it, wouldn't you say?

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

hmm....Namine can tamper the memories of Sora and all that know him

And the sealing of Riku's darkness and memory in this case is to prevent the coming of Xehanort heartless and his darkness along with his memory of that darkness aswell. But seals are able to be broken so it's possible to regain those dark powers again in due time. Didn't Riku refuse Namines offer anyway

A

Audo

hmm....Namine can tamper the memories of Sora and all that know him

And the sealing of Riku's darkness and memory in this case is to prevent the coming of Xehanort heartless and his darkness along with his memory of that darkness aswell. But seals are able to be broken so it's possible to regain those dark powers again in due time.
Naminé seems to say otherwise. =/
She says that the seal would never be able to be broken, well, she said Ansem would never be able to escape which implies the seal couldn't be broken.

Didn't Riku refuse Namines offer anyway
Yeah, he did. But we're talking about "What if Terra had MX sealed inside his heart" and what that meant. They said that Terra would begin to change into MX, but I said that the purpose of sealing was so that Xehanort wouldn't be able to take hold of him, or the like, and change how he looked (Riku said no to the seal, and his appearance began to change).
And now Grace Assassin is chewing me out for it and thinks I'm on a high horse for saying that it probably wouldn't work like that, given what we know about the case with Riku.

=/

fun thread.

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

Ansem SoD's darkness was what lied within Riku and that darkness took shape from their connection from his previous control of Riku's body in KH1

MX would have to have some sort of connection with darkness through Terra if he was to have some real affect on his heart. Something here doesn't add up, not to mention that Terras whereabouts are unknown. So while it could be possible, which is a big stretch, Nothing about it is really solid

Awards
That seems to say that it also is sealing away darkness, which in turn would prevent use of it, wouldn't you say?

No, all that says that we can infer is that she seals the darkness in his heart. Plain and simple. It's like isolating and getting rid of a cancer, that is not to say that it won't come back.

If Riku then lost his memory, one would figure he would be more susceptible to darkness. Why? He'd be his original self again. You know, the asshole that was bored and opened himself up to darkness? Luckily, he had Namine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back