• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Samurai in Wonderland

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
I don't know how many people here are familiar with the Samurai Duelers League, but it's pretty cool and I'm a part of it. There's currently a contest being held where we were challenged to redesign our duelers as Wonderland characters. The winning designs for each character will be featured in a short manga made by the lady holding the contest. Here are my two entries.
Shikaku, the March Hare by *heartless-nobody on deviantART

Quin Long, The Caterpillar by *heartless-nobody on deviantART

Oddly enough the two characters I entered aren't samurai, but that's not important. Tell me what you think. =D Don't bother pointing out Shikaku's anatomical mistakes, because I already know about them. His arms are supposed to be freakishly long, and I know I screwed up on his eyes' alignment but I don't care. D:

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
I do love your new outline-less approach ever so much.

Quin Long's design seems almost too conventional, too humanish. His actual anatomy is skewed, too, but I don't care about that nearly as much as I do his aesthetic. If I didn't know beforehand, I'd have no way of knowing he was meant to be a caterpillar. Maybe you could add some antenae or some shit?

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
Those are very good. I really like the first one. Impressive.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
I do love your new outline-less approach ever so much.

Quin Long's design seems almost too conventional, too humanish. His actual anatomy is skewed, too, but I don't care about that nearly as much as I do his aesthetic. If I didn't know beforehand, I'd have no way of knowing he was meant to be a caterpillar. Maybe you could add some antenae or some shit?

Thanks. At first I wasn't sure about going lineless, since I've always been so dependent on lines. But it's growing on me.

That would be against the rules, actually. D: We're not supposed to stray too far from their original design. Giving him extra arms is actually pushing the envelope pretty freakin far. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back