• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Roxas Keyblades- Scraping The Floor

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vmkblaster1

Something that has always made me really sad about Roxas, is when they show cutscenes of him dragging the keyblades on the floor and you can see it scraping the floor. The two keyblades are supposedly visual representations of his friends axel and xion. So, I find it sad when he does this, because their friendship is so damaged and it shows with how he carries them symbolically. Does anyone else feel this way, or is there another reason he drags them?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Sparking swords always looks cool.
Honestly given how KH2 was basically a wannabe shonen anime, I wouldn't be surprised if it was done purely for the cool visual effect.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
As Osprey pointed out it as probably just for dramatic effect. Honestly I have no idea why anyone would take issue with it.

DefiantHeart

Awards
Sparking swords always looks cool.
Honestly given how KH2 was basically a wannabe shonen anime, I wouldn't be surprised if it was done purely for the cool visual effect.

I'd think this way too if Nomura was the kind of guy that didn't think much about symbolism when doing things. However, as anyone can see, Nomura does think a lot about symbolism and numerology in his series. So for me, I'm always open to any possible symbols, despite how flashy they might seem.

So yeah, chu might have a point Vmkblaster1. :3

Come to think of it, some of Roxas's attacks might be symbolic too. Like that one attack where he has those Nobody symbols on top of pillars that fly outward from him, as if he still rejects the idea of being a Nobody deep down.

Luxu

Awards
Aren't Oblivion and Oathkeeper to Roxas supposed to represent his Oath to Xion? Oathkeeper is his will not to forget her, and Oblivion is her demise something around those lines. But the "sparking" keyblades, is most likely he picked it up from members in the Organization. Or it could just be cool effect, because I at least find it cool.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Aren't Oblivion and Oathkeeper to Roxas supposed to represent his Oath to Xion? Oathkeeper is his will not to forget her, and Oblivion is her demise something around those lines. But the "sparking" keyblades, is most likely he picked it up from members in the Organization. Or it could just be cool effect, because I at least find it cool.
No, the Oathkeeper's symbolic of Sora's memories of Kairi, whereas the Oblivion is symbolic of his memories of Riku.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Given that, even if you believe the blades were connected to Axel and Xion, they couldn't have been connected to them until the release of Days, but the sparking scenes come from KH2, I wouldn't read into it.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
We where talking about what they mean for Roxas here, not Sora.
You COULD interpret it like how the OP did, but keep in mind that Xion and the entirety of Days wasn't even a concept when KH2 released, and thus would be entirely unintentional coincidence.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Since serious answers were already given:

It's Roxas. He thought he won just because he blocked THE MAGICAL SWORD THAT CAN APPEAR IN ONE'S HAND AT WILL to the ground.
He barely knows how to Keyblade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back