• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Roundtable Chat with Tetsuya Nomura at E3 2015!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i wish disney allow nomura to have a stream once in while to just annouce the worlds on the stream and talk about how devloping is going

I doubt Nomura would be the one to do the stream if one was possible.

A part of me would love streams and world reveals on the scale of what we got at E3, but I have a fondness for the magazine scan reveals. Those were always the big highlight of the promotional period for the series besides trailers.

Sdog

Awards
I doubt Nomura would be the one to do the stream if one was possible.

Really? Even after the few SE Presents he's appeared on? At the least I'm sure Yasue would be on though. As he is the more outgoing of the directors.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Really? Even after the few SE Presents he's appeared on? At the least I'm sure Yasue would be on though. As he is the more outgoing of the directors.

Nomura doesn't really seem the type to get on camera to talk to an audience, don't you think? I feel like him doing SEP was different because he was talking to the translator and brand manager, people he is rather familiar with. To go on camera either on his own or with somebody to specifically talk to an audience is much more...daunting.

Not to say he couldn't surprise us all and actually do it, but he's always tended to shy away from being directly in the public's eye unless absolutely necessary.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
How does these things usually work? Do you ask Square for permission to interview him? And if this was a more formal interview, how would things be different? Maybe one day somebody will ask him about the chamber and who Xemans talked to... That would end my sleepless nights.

Some of us fansite staff have a pretty good relationship with each other and with Square Enix staff. In this case, they actually arranged it for us as a surprise and contacted us during the event to drop by the booth at a specific time so we could meet Nomura (though I honestly have no idea where Yasue was during most of the event, but hopefully he was able to explore and check out some of the other games).

If it was a formal interview, I don't think it would have been much different though, besides maybe getting to ask more questions in general? We were pretty careful with consideration for the questions we chose to ask :D

warmaster34

Some of us fansite staff have a pretty good relationship with each other and with Square Enix staff. In this case, they actually arranged it for us as a surprise and contacted us during the event to drop by the booth at a specific time so we could meet Nomura (though I honestly have no idea where Yasue was during most of the event, but hopefully he was able to explore and check out some of the other games).

If it was a formal interview, I don't think it would have been much different though, besides maybe getting to ask more questions in general? We were pretty careful with consideration for the questions we chose to ask :D
I am guessing there was a lot of PR there all around you guys :confused:

Sdog

Awards
Nomura doesn't really seem the type to get on camera to talk to an audience, don't you think? I feel like him doing SEP was different because he was talking to the translator and brand manager, people he is rather familiar with. To go on camera either on his own or with somebody to specifically talk to an audience is much more...daunting.

Not to say he couldn't surprise us all and actually do it, but he's always tended to shy away from being directly in the public's eye unless absolutely necessary.

I agree. Just thought that maybe if it was more of a pre-recorded documentary-esque report it could work. Maybe someone from the marketing team could gather questions and ask him while he's with Yasue or someone.

I could just be too hopeful but was hoping what Tabata is doing with the FFXV Reports could lead by example =p. Though their respective dev times for their games are completely different.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Okay, so I'm still confused about Chirithy's pronunciation.

Is it "Ki-ri-thee" or "Key-ri-thee" or "Chee-ri-thee" or what?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I agree. Just thought that maybe if it was more of a pre-recorded documentary-esque report it could work. Maybe someone from the marketing team could gather questions and ask him while he's with Yasue or someone.

I could just be too hopeful but was hoping what Tabata is doing with the FFXV Reports could lead by example =p. Though their respective dev times for their games are completely different.

I would kill for a KH documentary btw ;~;

As for something pre-recorded, I think Nomura could probably be in it but him being on camera or talking wouldn't be the bulk of the video. Just maybe the intro, a few quotes. That could work, but of course if we wanted the better candidate for being open to talking, Yasue would definitely be it.

The fact that he is a fluent English speaker would help bridge

The ATR was made because of how successful Yoshi-P's live letters have been for XIV, and considering XV's development it seemed like a good way to keep the fans informed after 8 years of little droplets of information. I'd say that since KH3's development is hardly as troubled as those two games were and are, it probably isn't a high priority when it is on a regular development track.

Okay, so I'm still confused about Chirithy's pronunciation.

Is it "Ki-ri-thee" or "Key-ri-thee" or "Chee-ri-thee" or what?

"chee-ri-thee" In Japanese it is "chee-ri-shee"

The pronunciation of "chi" as "ki" is only used when referring to the character "X" in the series.

Chi is usually just pronounced "chee" or in Greek "Kai" anyways, but "ki" is an alternate that this series uses to be punny.

Last edited:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
"chee-ri-thee" In Japanese it is "chee-ri-shee"

The pronunciation of "chi" as "ki" is only used when referring to the character "X" in the series.

Chi is usually just pronounced "chee" anyways, but "ki" is an alternate that this series uses to be punny.

Good. I like that pronunciation. I was saying "Key-rith-ee" and I thought it sounded bad every time I said it.

Mavxo

Awards
I like like 15 mins from Disney world and have a season pass. If I ever see Nomura there, I'd be so excited. I really hope they hold a official kingdom hearts special event there someday so I could attend. California gets all the fun kingdom hearts things and I just get the rest of Disney. I still think fantasy land (like old fantasy land. Not the new part) looks like traverse town. The new part looks just like pranksters paradise in 3d

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Holy moley! That sounds like an awesome surprise!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
I almost had a heart attack lol

I would have probably fainted or something. :D I know Sqaure gets a lot of negative feedback and the company has made some bad decision, but it is really nice to know that they do stuff like this.
You must be pros now when it comes to interviewing Nomura.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I would have probably fainted or something. :D I know Sqaure gets a lot of negative feedback and the company has made some bad decision, but it is really nice to know that they do stuff like this.
You must be pros now when it comes to interviewing Nomura.

If I ever met Nomura, I would get his autograph and frame that shit up on my wall. Meeting him would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back