• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Romhacks, anyone?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsaiken

If any of you have played a romhack of a game, no matter what game it is for what system, discuss it here. What do you enjoy playing? Would you recommend others to play this romhack?

General romhack discussion begins.

For ROMhacks, I'm really into Mage Knight 404's romhack for Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword on GBA. He just turns the original story into a story of his own, which includes characters from a variety of games. His story also gets hilarious at times, while the battles are more ferocious. He's inserted mugs and sprites for all the characters he put in the game, as well as a few support conversations. I recommend playing this if you're a fire emblem freak like I am. It's that good; I really hope he finishes the romhack and release the final version!

And also, in a weird, sick, and twisted way, I also like Kaizo Mario World for the SNES. This is a Japanese romhack made solely for difficulty (and less on the Level Designs). I don't mind the level design too much (though it's nice to have a design that makes sense). If you feel like ripping yourself open in difficulty, play this game. Save states and the occasional rewinds are a must.

Do NOT ask for or post actual ROMs here. You will be guaranteed a repdown, or something even worse.
Do NOT come asking for ROM-Hacks either. There is Google for a reason. Use it.

S

Shadow Soldier

.... I don't think this is allowed to be discussed... at least I don't think it is.

Tetsaiken

As long as nobody's stupid and links to actual sites with actual ROMs and such, this is fine. If you want to keep a close eye on it, be my guest. I edited the first post bolding 'Do NOT ask for/post ROMs'.

K

Kegluneq

So Romhacks are switching up a game by fans?
My friend told me about Kaizo Mario.

Tetsaiken

So Romhacks are switching up a game by fans?
My friend told me about Kaizo Mario.
Yes. It's basically using a hex editor, as well as a few custom tools and such to make your game with. It's very hard and tedious work, but if you know how the hexidecimal system works, you should have decent success.

Kaizo Mario is one of these ROM hacks, and it's built mainly for skyrocketing difficulty. I'm pretty sure almost everyone here knows about Proton Jon and how he suffered so much in Kaizo Mario World. If you look at his 2 YouTube videos, you can see that he was the one who made Kaizo Mario World so famous.

Level Design-wise, I wouldn't recommend it. If you're looking for an enjoyable and quality hack, don't bother with Kaizo--I recommend others like Brutal Mario, VIP Mario, or even Super Mario TKO. If you want to suffer in difficulty, go right ahead and play Kaizo.

I will also not link to any of the romhacks I've mentioned -- Google is there. Use it.

K

Kegluneq

Even if somebody did post a link my computer has been blocked for those kinds of things. I'm not really that interested in playing one of these unless it's for a game I've played alot of like Final Fantasy 7, are there any for 7?

Tetsaiken

FFVII? Eh, I'm inexperienced in Final Fantasy hacks. I have seen a fire emblem hack that stars Final Fantasy VII characters in it, but Final Fantasy romhacks, I know almost nothing about. I will, eventually.

On that subject, I'll have to say google is your friend.

Meanwhile there IS an FFVI hack that has a few of FFVII's cast in it, but that won't be released/demo'd for a long time. Again, google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back