• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku's Ability

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey

concrete proof please, the most Riku could know is that there's was something more than the island and his house... re-watch what Terra said and what Riku says in the start of KH1 and end of KH2, that way you'll clearly see my point.

Riku sees Terra and immediately says "Hey. Did you come from the outside world?" He then talks about how "a kid" left Destiny Islands a long time ago (Xehanort) and from that, he seemed to know that outside worlds existed.

How in the world is that not "concrete proof?" He's little, so he may not know that there are multiple worlds out there, but he's smart and he knows that when he sees someone not from his home, that person is from another world.

The questions you're asking... if you're looking for every fact in the KH universe to be spelled out for you in dialogue form, then you're SoL. Just because there's not "concrete proof" of something does not mean it's not possible, or even likely compared to other possibilities.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Riku sees Terra and immediately says "Hey. Did you come from the outside world?" He then talks about how "a kid" left Destiny Islands a long time ago (Xehanort) and from that, he seemed to know that outside worlds existed.

How in the world is that not "concrete proof?" He's little, so he may not know that there are multiple worlds out there, but he's smart and he knows that when he sees someone not from his home, that person is from another world.

I think the problem here is the statement made in KH I over the fact that residents of a world should not know there are other worlds outside (was it Squall/Leon who said it, dunno...?) and the possible multiple meanings of "outside world".
World is a term used very broadly in the Kingdom Hearts series and most people I know associate the term "world" synonymous with "planet", but that doesn't apply here.
However, to draw a parallel, when Columbus arrived first in America the native population also thought of him and his cohorts coming from another world, where they in fact hail from the same "world".
So "outside world" could also mean anything beside the island group Riku and Sora live on...if the Destiny Islands world even has any landmasses beside that island group...

The questions you're asking... if you're looking for every fact in the KH universe to be spelled out for you in dialogue form, then you're SoL. Just because there's not "concrete proof" of something does not mean it's not possible, or even likely compared to other possibilities.

If everything would be spilled out clearly the series would lose much of it's mystery and therefore over time become dull.
I remember Nomura saying somewhere that he chooses to leave certain things unexplained so that fans of the series can speculate and come to their own conclusions...even all the things written in Xehanort's Reports, the Ansem Reports (of Apprentice Xehanort) or the Secret Ansem Reports of AtW can't be taken as 100% correct facts since they're written by in-universe characters and AtW himself admits that most of his theories came out false.
Also I don't believe MX or Apprentice Xehanort to be omniscient...
I've to admit, without these little "inconsitencies" and mysteries the series would only half as interesting.

Calum

tbh with the duel wielding thing... can someone powerful enough not just cause two of their keyblade to apear ? i meen yeah the whole xion thing did represent herself in the second roxas keyblade but, since keyblades can take any form (so long as the user is strong enough ) the why can someone split their keyblade into two objects ?

Grey

I think the problem here is the statement made in KH I over the fact that residents of a world should not know there are other worlds outside (was it Squall/Leon who said it, dunno...?) and the possible multiple meanings of "outside world".
World is a term used very broadly in the Kingdom Hearts series and most people I know associate the term "world" synonymous with "planet", but that doesn't apply here.
However, to draw a parallel, when Columbus arrived first in America the native population also thought of him and his cohorts coming from another world, where they in fact hail from the same "world".
So "outside world" could also mean anything beside the island group Riku and Sora live on...if the Destiny Islands world even has any landmasses beside that island group...

Perrine once said that, for poetry and scientific hypotheses alike, when there is no clear answer to an unknown, the conclusion with the least number of assumptions ought to be the truest one. This can apply to theories outside of the scientific area, and as such, may apply here.

Like you said, we have no indication on whether or not Destiny Islands has landmasses outside of the island Sora and co. live on, but we do have indication that there are other "worlds" in the universe (which is also referred to a much bigger "world").

It's fairly certain that Riku was referring to other worlds when he was talking to Terra.

Sephiroth0812 said:
If everything would be spilled out clearly the series would lose much of it's mystery and therefore over time become dull.

Which is exactly why powerre is SoL.

Sephiroth0812 said:
I remember Nomura saying somewhere that he chooses to leave certain things unexplained so that fans of the series can speculate and come to their own conclusions...even all the things written in Xehanort's Reports, the Ansem Reports (of Apprentice Xehanort) or the Secret Ansem Reports of AtW can't be taken as 100% correct facts since they're written by in-universe characters and AtW himself admits that most of his theories came out false.
Also I don't believe MX or Apprentice Xehanort to be omniscient...
I've to admit, without these little "inconsitencies" and mysteries the series would only half as interesting.

Well... right. Nomura intentionally keeps in inconsistencies and mysteries to keep us guessing, and therefore interested.

Also, while Master Xehanort is not omniscient, when he says that Eraqus's Heart is inside of Terra, it's to be accepted, as there's nothing to disprove it.

tbh with the duel wielding thing... can someone powerful enough not just cause two of their keyblade to apear ? i meen yeah the whole xion thing did represent herself in the second roxas keyblade but, since keyblades can take any form (so long as the user is strong enough ) the why can someone split their keyblade into two objects ?

Nomura said in an interview there is a Keyblade out there for every eligible Heart--that is, for every Heart that has the qualities to wield the Keyblade. To split your own Keyblade in two, you'd probably have to split your Heart in two, and at that point, unless your Heart(s) gained enough strength to each function as individual hearts, your Keyblade would probably be about half as strong as a normal Keyblade, or would disappear/break entirely.

I assume splitting a Keyblade is possible, but I also imagine doing such a thing would require a very, very resilient Heart.

Last edited:

powerre

I told ya, my last argument about Eraqus was desperate :p I just refused to believe that because KH would look like Yugioh GX, what really isn't a good thing...

Now, I do think you're mixing things a little, Riku does say "Hey. Did you come from the outside world?", but if this represented his knowledge about the outside world why would Terra (really) shortly after, being that first though a little bit (probably) on what he should do, say: "Outside of this tiny world is a much bigger one"?.

If Riku already knew and showed it why would Terra say such a thing? An interpretation that makes much more sense is that Riku figured that he is from the exterior world, not from outside that world (using the word world as isolated not general), being that his desire for the outside world would be a childish "I want to discover and be strong" one, being that Terra after making his head and decided to turn Riku into his pupil (that short moment of thinking explained) revealed the truth to him and the world (word in general).

(out of topic : what's a SoL?!)

Now let me push this discussion forward with another speculation about a specific part of the pupil vow (or power-passing, whatever):
"and you will find me, friend..."

This line means tiding together two persons right? This explains why Eraqus was able to get in Terra's heart and how KH 1 Ansem (aka Xenahort's heartless) connected to Riku in first place, doesn't it?

Grey

Now, I do think you're mixing things a little, Riku does say "Hey. Did you come from the outside world?", but if this represented his knowledge about the outside world why would Terra (really) shortly after, being that first though a little bit (probably) on what he should do, say: "Outside of this tiny world is a much bigger one"?.

If Riku already knew and showed it why would Terra say such a thing? An interpretation that makes much more sense is that Riku figured that he is from the exterior world, not from outside that world (using the word world as isolated not general), being that his desire for the outside world would be a childish "I want to discover and be strong" one, being that Terra after making his head and decided to turn Riku into his pupil (that short moment of thinking explained) revealed the truth to him and the world (word in general).

I don't think Terra was telling Riku that, he was agreeing, or restating what Riku said because it was relevant to whatever came next. Technically, Terra's line "Outside of this tiny world is a much bigger one" could also refer to a larger landmass outside of the tiny island Riku lives on, instead of a different world separate from the Destiny Islands entirely.

But if Riku wasn't referring to a separate world, why would those on his island hide from him the fact that there exist other islands within his own world? Why say that some boy (Xehanort) "disappeared," when in actuality, he would have only gone to a different island? That doesn't make sense. In real-world terms, that'd be a Hawaiian baby being told that there is no other island outside of Maui, the island he lives on. Why hide something like that from Riku, a resident of Destiny Islands? There's no reason to.

Therefore, he has to be referring to the outside world, encompassing all of the other worlds that exist, as opposed to simply other islands within his own world.

powerre said:
out of topic : what's a SoL?!)

Shit out of Luck. I didn't mean to sound quite so rude--I just meant that nobody should expect everything in Kingdom Hearts to be spelled out in a blatant manner. Nomura's all for the stuff that makes you think and theorize, so anyone who wants clear explanations is out of luck. : /

powerre said:
Now let me push this discussion forward with another speculation about a specific part of the pupil vow (or power-passing, whatever):
"and you will find me, friend..."

This line means tiding together two persons right? This explains why Eraqus was able to get in Terra's heart and how KH 1 Ansem (aka Xenahort's heartless) connected to Riku in first place, doesn't it?

I suppose that would. If that ceremony was sort of "passing on" the Keyblade-wielding skill into Riku, that would sort of be a connection of hearts--that would indicate that Terra connected to Riku, which would precipitate Xehanort getting into Riku's heart so easily. The two were already connected.

I never actually noticed that before, but it makes perfect sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back