• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku meeting Xehanort in kh1

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

someone45

I was replaying kh1 and I realized that Riku knew a lot about darkness and that the door to the heart of Destiny Island was opened while Riku & Sora were still on Destiny Island, so Riku must have talked to Xehanort's heartless to find out all that stuff, but when did he talk to Xehanort and why would Xehenort talk to Riku? Also, I'm confused about how Riku had Kairi's lifeless body if she disappeared into Sora when they were on Destiny Island. Please help.:dizzy:

Izayoi

galactic cancer
I believe that the reason Riku knew so much, was because he had accepted darkness already, so probably had some partial possession by XH. The Kairi thing other the hand I could explain better. When Kairi flew through the secret place, through Sora, that was just her heart first taken refuge inside his. Her body was still dormant, and just lying around, for Riku to take and carry around with him.

Athaydea

Bronze Member
I believe that the reason Riku knew so much, was because he had accepted darkness already, so probably had some partial possession by XH. The Kairi thing other the hand I could explain better. When Kairi flew through the secret place, through Sora, that was just her heart first taken refuge inside his. Her body was still dormant, and just lying around, for Riku to take and carry around with him.

i doubt that XH had any form of possession over riku at that point in the game ..i would find it morelikely that XH would have revealed himself to riku and encouraged the idea of riku embracing darkness as a means to get off the island, etc. ..he probly wouldve done it so that when the time came for him to possess riku - it wouldve been easier.. but maleficent is really the one who guides riku after he embraces darkness ..she does so for pretty much the entire game until XH makesd his move ..

Key of Valor

The Professor
There's a picture on the Coded site showing Riku confronting the phantom form of Xehanort's Heartless on Destiny Islands. Coded is supposed to reveal Riku's KH1 story, so it's possible that Riku did have contact with Xehanort's Heartless before the islands completely disappeared.

someone45 said:
How come Kairi had a lifeless body and a nobody?

I would say that it has something to do with her PoH status. None of the other vessels of the PoH became Nobidies either. Kairi's vessel didn't turn into Namine though. Namine wasn't even made until Kairi's heart left Sora's vessel at Hollow Bastion.

Athaydea

Bronze Member
True. But, if Sora was using the Keyblade, he had to have given in at some point on the Islands.

he did? ..if you remember ..sora and riku are talking about leaving and all that and sora says yanno "wheres kairi" ..and riku's all dont worry about her and then he does the whole im not afraid of the darkness ..and then it like surrounds him and transports him to wherever ..i would think that it was at that point when riku willingly embraces it and that it weakens him ..and if you notcies ..its right after riku is gone and lets the darkness in that sora is choesn by the keyblade

Izayoi

galactic cancer
How come Kairi had a lifeless body and a nobody?

A fine question.

Kairi's body did not make a Nobody because that requires one to have a Heartless in the first place, which she did not, and have a tantamount amount of darkness in one's heart, which she did not, being a PoH. On a more personal note I doubt her heart was realy that strong anyway. Therefore, what Riku had wasa body and only a body; maybe a soul too but that's a bit specific.

Namine, "Kairi's" Nobody, was more of a combination of Sora and Roxas. Sora, when becoming a Heartless, created Roxas by normal means, his heart being quite strong. Howeve,r because Kairi's heart left his body as well, another Nobody naturally needed to be made, so Namine was made form the scraps of Sora and Kairi, making her some strange hybrid that isn't even necessarilly a Nobody to begin with. This is what was originally believed, which I saw because there are many theories going on about Namine being Sora's only Nobody, blah blah, but that's a bunch of things having to do with BBS. Fact is; Kairi's body left behind was not her Nobody, just a body.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
It wasn't that Riku was using darkness that made him unfit to wield the Keyblade; I mean, he's all darkness-powered in KH2, and Mickey is using the Keyblade from the godamned Realm of Darkness. What made him weak was how he did; by giving into darkness, and using it to help him, he lost strength in his heart.

Athaydea

Bronze Member
Wasn't it said somewhere that Riku was the "original" keyblade wielder but since he gave into the darkness he lost the light and so the keyblade went to Sora? That maybe be a reason XH would have a reason to talk to Riku. Just a guess

he didnt necessarily "lose the light", more accurately, he cast it aside with darkness..riku simply allowed the darkness in his heart to provide a source of strength for him ..in order for that to happen though - he had to embrace the darkness, let it course through his heart ..and when he did this ..it was momentarily weakend ..the keyblade bases its choosing upon the strength of a person's heart ..and whether a persons heart is strong because of darkness or light is irrelevent ..because both provide strength (albeit, in a different manner) ..the reason the keyblade did not choose riku though is because when he did embrace the darkness, as the darkness began to course trhough him, his heart became unbalanced and thus weaker (though for only a moment) ..the keyblade recognized this and as soon as it did ..went to sora. its important to note though that even though the darkness did weaken him when riku let it in, it did actually provide his heart with a source of strength. its the initinial act of letting it in that weakened his heart though, and thus made him unworthy in the keyblades eyes

KingdomQueenHeart

Website
www.myspace.com
It wasn't that Riku was using darkness that made him unfit to wield the Keyblade; I mean, he's all darkness-powered in KH2, and Mickey is using the Keyblade from the godamned Realm of Darkness. What made him weak was how he did; by giving into darkness, and using it to help him, he lost strength in his heart.

Ohhhh, thank you! I always wondered about that, considering Riku takes the blade in KH1 in Hallow Bastion I was thrown off

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
if im not mistaking in kingdom hearts coded episode 1 after you fight darkside u can see riku talking to someone....i think it was the guy that talk to sora in the secret place

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Riku met up with Xehanort on Destiny Islands, we have Coded screenshots to prove it.

ven27

ok i get most of this but heres just another thing i just make sure

rikus keyblade is made out of darkness (this is just random/is that y Ven picked it up in the secret endingsince he was going into darkness)???

and rikus keyblade got that weird wing to represent the light light from his heart?

Key of Valor

The Professor
ven27 said:
ok i get most of this but heres just another thing i just make sure

rikus keyblade is made out of darkness (this is just random/is that y Ven picked it up in the secret endingsince he was going into darkness)???

and rikus keyblade got that weird wing to represent the light light from his heart?

Actually, it was confirmed that Riku's Keyblade was a Keyblade of light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back