• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku is amazing in this game!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roro

Awards
Yes I totally agree. I'm starting to develop a new found love for Riku's character, where as in previous games it was just like "oh hes the dude that succumbed to darkness, and messed up a lot...how did he become Sora's best friend again?" I think he's turning into one of my favorite characters of the series now though. Like many others have said his character development is one of the best.

iLeen

Awards
"Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up." --Alfred (...and Batman's dad)

I like the fact that Riku fell into darkness, then he would've never been able to rise as a fabulous Keyblade wielder:] Plus, him succumbing to darkness plays a big role in his growth, as well as helping us see that darkness isn't bad (it's the people who use it for evil purposes that make it seem bad).

Moonlight Aqua

~Living in a dream~
Awards
I really enjoyed this game... seriously... this game is Riku's game.

I'm so amazed by his character development in this series... he's the one who had the most! But to tell you the truth, I used to despise him so much in KH1 because of his cocky attitude and (killing me more than 50 times in Hollow Bastion) but really, after playing him in KH CoM and in the other games... he has really come through and is a very strong person. He's the ultimate hero! He cares for his friends so much he would go and save them from anything! :3

And my Sora and Riku were a level apart (37 and 38) but after TWTNW.... Riku was 11 levels (49) above Sora! xD

But you know... even if Sora failed, he was still happy and didn't care and went on his merry way... that's what we gotta love about Sora... :3

D

Deleted member 87467

Only thing Testuya did wrong with Riku IMO, his hair. It makes him look awkward and not as BA as he did in KH2.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
To be completely honest, I didn't even pay that much attention to Riku's hair, lol, his actions and expressions (as well as the eyes) are way more interesting.

I especially enjoyed his conversations with the Disney characters, like in La Cité des Cloches when he encourages Quasimodo or his last exchange with Phoebus and Esmeralda.

Not to mention his snarky, sarcastic way to throw off the villains.
*Ansem SoD babbles some of his usual stuff with Darkness* Riku: "Yeah, you could write a book about that!"

His exchange with Young Xehanort at the Bald Mountain in Symphony of Sorcery is also a prime example of good acting, from both David Callagher and Ben Diskin.

Not to forget also some of the smaller, but very noticeable little quirks like his interaction with the sorcerer apprentice Mickey, Princess Minnie in Country of the Musketeers or his small "Oops" moment when he first mistakes Ven for Roxas, lol.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Only thing Testuya did wrong with Riku IMO, his hair. It makes him look awkward and not as BA as he did in KH2.

I have to completely disagree with you. Riku looks MUCH better with his haircut. I hated how Riku looked in KH2. He looked like a total girl!
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I don't know why people seem to love Riku's overly long hair in KH2, but in KH3D I was GLAD he got a haircut. To me, he looks a lot cooler with it and it's symbolic for him trying to take a fresh start on life.

Youniquee

Awards
I have to completely disagree with you. Riku looks MUCH better with his haircut. I hated how Riku looked in KH2. He looked like a total girl!
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I don't know why people seem to love Riku's overly long hair in KH2, but in KH3D I was GLAD he got a haircut. To me, he looks a lot cooler with it and it's symbolic for him trying to take a fresh start on life.

Agreed. I hated the way he looked with long hair...it covered his eyes as well (I wish they had made it more like the concept art). He doesn't look like a girl though :p
I don't know what the fuss over his hair is, to be honest.

BagelBreath

Awards
I think Riku's short DDD hair looks really nice on the DDD Riku, but it just looks weird on KH2 Riku.
I preferred his longer hair on KH2 Riku.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Agreed. I hated the way he looked with long hair...it covered his eyes as well (I wish they had made it more like the concept art). He doesn't look like a girl though :p
I don't know what the fuss over his hair is, to be honest.

What was the concept? I don't think I remember....

I think Riku's short DDD hair looks really nice on the DDD Riku, but it just looks weird on KH2 Riku.
I preferred his longer hair on KH2 Riku.

What makes it look weird on KH2 Riku, is that he still has a long piece in the back that comes down to a point. It looks perfectly fine IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back