• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku Help

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strongbad02

Hi, I'm looking for help developing a cheat code.
I wan't to create a code that lets you drive into riku, but my code so far has no effect at all.
I know... sounds crazy.

There are some weird things about Riku, for example, any world character can be controlled using cheatcodes to direct the game toward the 4th party member [World Character] intead of the first [Sora], but Doing this with Riku crashes the game invariably. The reason i want to hack the drive feature is the game is already preparing for a model change during that sequence where sora glows, so it should except riku without complaints.

So far, this is the [C++] code I have come up with, after i get the concept correct i will convert it into something the PS2 or ARMAX could read:

Code:
#define SORA getCharacter(00)
#define DONALD getCharacter(01)
#define GOOFY getCharacter(02)
#define EXTRA getCharacter(03)

typedef struct {
    Character primary;
    Character secondary;
    Character tertiary;
    Character quaternary;
} PARTY;

PARTY cp;

int main () {
    if (cp.primary.isDriving()) {
        while (cp.primary==SORA) {};
            cp.primary=EXTRA;
    }
}

getCharacter(int c) is a function that get's a character model based on the number given (0 is sora, 1 is donald... 8 is antisora, 9 is mickey).

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Sorry, but people in the KH section are most likely......uneducated enough to help you with this kind of problem, however there is a 'Technology Help' section that has tons of smart people (*cough* Azu *cough*)

So I'll move this there, hope you get it working, sounds cool

E

Eclipse

You know the people who made Kh-Vids? they are good at this hacking stuff, i believe they set up a website for it called kh-hacks.net

E

Eclipse

Hacking games like that invalidates your warranty, so if you wreck your KH2, you'll only have yourself to blame. But I won't stop you.

err not if you do it the way he should do it. You burn the ISO of the kh2 game on your computer, and edit the code. Then you burn that on a NEW disc. It doesn't harm your actual kh2 game at all =/

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Damn, don't understand most of this....lol does someone have a book like..."Hacking for retards"

Strongbad02

Eclipse said:
err not if you do it the way he should do it. You burn the ISO of the kh2 game on your computer, and edit the code. Then you burn that on a NEW disc. It doesn't harm your actual kh2 game at all =/

lol, that's NOT the way i should do it!

The GOOD way is to copy the ELF executable off of the disk onto my computer and examine it, then convert my c code into runtime instruction for a code device like Action Replay. Action Replay will execute my intructions and alter the game while it's in the PS2's memory. Since it's in the PS2's RAM and not on the disk [which is read only anyway] my disk is fine, and i didn't waste a cd. The PS2 will only execute code on DVD-ROM's or CD-R's anyway, and i only buy CD-RW's because i change the music on my mix cd's a lot!

I'd be breaking the license agreement, but not the warrenty. It's a DVD-ROM disk, [R]ead [O]nly [M]emory! The only way i could harm my kh2 is to snap it in half or some similar stupid thing.

EDIT:
My code doesn't seem to work, when the Drive program is active, it locks sora as the main character. In theory, when i revert, i should become riku... i haven't tried that yet though.

Last edited:

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Wow....that would sooo own if it works....speaking of Riku...read my FanFic"The Way to Dawn." It's my 1st and I hope it's....above mediorcre...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back