• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku and Sora are really girl names!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterkeeper

As stated before, Sora and Riku are practically unisexual names. Furthermore, there was an error in the first post:

"Sorano" does NOT mean sky. "Sora" means sky. The term "no" is posessive. "Sora no kokoro" roughly means "the sky's heart." Further, "sora no unmei" means "the sky's fate," etc. etc...

This thread is pointless.

Ingrithold

Well...my sensei said that, yupyup Sora means sky when changed directly in kanji. Either Riku means land or shore. And Kairi means seperation, all changed directly in/from kanji. It has a symbolic relationship, like shore/land is always trying to reach up to something, aka trying to be as good as something or better. Sora is sky, there is nothing above sky aka he is the strongest. Kairi is the symbol for their seperation.

Link Zero

A place where darkness and light are equally balan
Twilight Town said:
Don't know if anyone has ever heard of this, but Sora is actually a girl, Native American name that means "chirping songbird". Th name everyone has always said means of the sky is actually Sorano, not Sora. Below is the link for Sora and Sorano. (Copy and paste)

http://www.babynamesworld.com/search.php?tab=3&f_gender=1&f_start=Sora&f_submit=1&asearch=1&browseby=1&x=50&y=7

As for Riku, it is a female Japanese name with no meaning. Although soem people have said its meaning was sea or land or something like that. Riku link:

http://www.babynamesworld.com/search.php?tab=3&f_gender=1&f_start=Riku&f_submit=1&asearch=1&browseby=1&x=39&y=9

Kairi by the way means agony of seperation or something like that. This could be very representative of her agony in seperation from Sora and Riku, and also the seperation between Sky and Sea or Land that she sometimes created.
You sir are a complete and total twit. Sora is Japanese for sky. Meaning it could be used for both a girl and a boy name. Plus this is a game made in JAPAN not by Native Americans. Meaning the Native Americans have nothing to do with this game. And Riku I do believe means something like earth.

KeybladeShadow88

thanks happy go lucky, I was going to have to do alot of research, but you saved me that, good luck with your japanese majoring stuff

Twilight Town

Hello, I'm not a twit, I just thught it was interesting, I NEVER said it was right. Back off, and leave this thread alone, its dumb. I already knew when I made this that that stuff wasn't right for KH's purposes. I know its made by the japanese. You must think I'm crazy.

Lisafer

Website
www.xanga.com
Twilight Town said:
Yes, I know that most people who like it know they aren't, but some loons like you and Salsa and the like think that it actually has a possibility of happening in KH2 or that the game has evidence to back it up. It doesn't.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we refer to as Absolute Stupid. It was thought only to exist in preschools and the highest forms of government, but TT has proved them wrong. It can, in fact, be found on the KingdomHearts2.net forums.

Obviously, you have ignored every post I made in this topic, or you wouldn't have even brought up such a weak defense.

Its really not cute at all. Any of the girls on here who like it are weird 'cuz normal girls don't like that kinda stuff.
Now that has got to be the most biased, conceited thing I've ever heard on this site. -.- And I've heard a lot. That's a personal attack, that only makes your point look even stupider than it already is.

Ooooh sue me!!! Helloooo, idiot open your eyes, there are plenty of people with fake statistics on their sigs. Its all makin' fun of tat statistic about pot.
Well maybe, sweetheart, you should point it out, and as you can see, I've taken your quote into consideration. XD

1. Don't ever call me sweetheart agin even though you were kidding. (coughjust likeSalsacough)
I will call you whatever I damn well please. Be it sweetheart, cretin, TT, or slave. -.- It's my freedom of speech, and you're not , and going to try to repress it. Salsa tals to you in such

2. I have a great sense of humor, and some people who like that pairing don't bug me too much, but you are a pretty hateful person. Just look at the things you say on this site.
Example, please. -.- And how is that any different from what you've been doing? OMG I CAN"T STRND DAT YAOI!!!11!!1
Link Zero said:
You sir are a complete and total twit. Sora is Japanese for sky. Meaning it could be used for both a girl and a boy name. Plus this is a game made in JAPAN not by Native Americans. Meaning the Native Americans have nothing to do with this game. And Riku I do believe means something like earth.
Yes, Japanese origin, bad name reference site, and I think it means just that, earth, but don't quote me on that.

Twilight Town

Can we just drop this? You don't know me, so how can you judge me at all Lisafer? I only said things like that after you were nasty to me. Just because I don't like the Riku/Sora stuff, you have to make me feel unwelcome here infact feel like total s***. Its not fair, why do I have to like that to be on here? I think this site sucks if you can't express any opinion without having your head put through a meat grinder. Why are you so vile to people? Just look at things you've said and you'll see you are the mean one, but of course nobody will do a thing because I don't like that pairing, but all the head people here do so they won't say a thing. they are happy to sit back and let people like you get away with being total a** h***s.

SorasKingdom

well...it depends on your definition of live.
i have a japanese dictionary, and the first words i looked up were sora and riku. and evidently, sora means sky, and riku means ground. now i always thought kairi's name ment separate, but i looked and it wasnt their.

heck, i even looked in google pictures of sora, and they gave me "sora" and pictures of the sky. so its safe to say sora does mean sky in japanese

Twilight Town

SorasKingdom said:
i have a japanese dictionary, and the first words i looked up were sora and riku. and evidently, sora means sky, and riku means ground. now i always thought kairi's name ment separate, but i looked and it wasnt their.

heck, i even looked in google pictures of sora, and they gave me "sora" and pictures of the sky. so its safe to say sora does mean sky in japanese

That's what I was saying on this thread from the beginning, I was just giving alternate meanings to those and was saying that the names can also be used for girls evidence from Digimon and FFX. Just read the first post people, I never disagreed with this info, I was just giving a second meaning for it. And then I gott= my head verbally bit off by Lisafer. Oh well....

Waterkeeper

Twilight Town said:
That's what I was saying on this thread from the beginning, I was just giving alternate meanings to those and was saying that the names can also be used for girls evidence from Digimon and FFX. Just read the first post people, I never disagreed with this info, I was just giving a second meaning for it. And then I gott= my head verbally bit off by Lisafer. Oh well....

Just for references...there's a male character in .hack//SIGN named Sora. o_o;

And by the way, I don't mind if you dislike Riku/Sora couplings, but you need to understand one thing. We KNOW that it won't ever happen but it's not going to prevent us from liking it. This is why fanart and fanfiction exist...

Shadukai X

Banned
I am the light hidden in the shadows.
When the light battles with the darkness, I strike.
I'm the justice of the shadows.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Lisafer said:
This, ladies and gentlemen, is what we refer to as Absolute Stupid. It was thought only to exist in preschools and the highest forms of government, but TT has proved them wrong. It can, in fact, be found on the KingdomHearts2.net forums.

Obviously, you have ignored every post I made in this topic, or you wouldn't have even brought up such a weak defense.

Now that has got to be the most biased, conceited thing I've ever heard on this site. -.- And I've heard a lot. That's a personal attack, that only makes your point look even stupider than it already is.

Well maybe, sweetheart, you should point it out, and as you can see, I've taken your quote into consideration. XD

I will call you whatever I damn well please. Be it sweetheart, cretin, TT, or slave. -.- It's my freedom of speech, and you're not , and going to try to repress it. Salsa tals to you in such

Example, please. -.- And how is that any different from what you've been doing? OMG I CAN"T STRND DAT YAOI!!!11!!1
Yes, Japanese origin, bad name reference site, and I think it means just that, earth, but don't quote me on that.

well lisafer you really have uped your sarcasim today..

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Sora from digimon is a girl sora means sky to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back