• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Riku and Sora are really girl names!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight Town

Don't know if anyone has ever heard of this, but Sora is actually a girl, Native American name that means "chirping songbird". Th name everyone has always said means of the sky is actually Sorano, not Sora. Below is the link for Sora and Sorano. (Copy and paste)

http://www.babynamesworld.com/searc...Sora&f_submit=1&asearch=1&browseby=1&x=50&y=7

As for Riku, it is a female Japanese name with no meaning. Although soem people have said its meaning was sea or land or something like that. Riku link:

http://www.babynamesworld.com/searc...Riku&f_submit=1&asearch=1&browseby=1&x=39&y=9

Kairi by the way means agony of seperation or something like that. This could be very representative of her agony in seperation from Sora and Riku, and also the seperation between Sky and Sea or Land that she sometimes created.

T

terwy38

On a fan site for Riku (the girl in final fantasy X and X - 2 ) someone said that Riku meant princess in Japanese. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Twilight Town

Never heard that one. That Rikku spelt it like that with two k's. Square did that I think to distinguish between Rikku (FF) and Riku (KH), but I heard it was sea or earth or land. Can't remember which.

thecloser

they are girl names i think but maybe also for boys but anybody remembers digimon wasnt ther e a girl nemed sora? and in ffx rikku

Lisafer

Website
www.xanga.com
They're obviously unisexual names.

Like Sydney or Jamie. It's not the same as naming a boy 'Sally'.

They both sound pretty masculine to me, but who could possibly argue with information found on the internet? -.-

Twilight Town

Exactly who i would've pointed out.

Edit: Maybe, but they were origionally girl names. Sydney was origionally a boy only name, so its kinda the same thing.

S

Sorakicksbutt

Sora doesn't sound like a girls name to me but why did square give him the same name as that girl on digimon remember

khmaster316

huh, i don't really now! but why post this, just to tell us that they are girl names? no one really minds, the only place i could see u going with this is saying they are gay! which they are not! that was the topic......DISCUS!cya

Archfire43

Hmm, ya I remember. Maybe they were just having "creative problems". Anyway, even if they are boy or girl names it doesn't matter, both names still kickass.

Twilight Town

Yeah, I was just saying, I thought it was interesting, and I am a HUGE opposer to the Riku/Sora pairing so don't EVEN....

SORA & KAIRI 4EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H

happi_go_lucky

"
Twilight Town said:
Don't know if anyone has ever heard of this, but Sora is actually a girl, Native American name that means "chirping songbird". Th name everyone has always said means of the sky is actually Sorano, not Sora. Below is the link for Sora and Sorano.
Twilight Town said:

As for Riku, it is a female Japanese name with no meaning. Although soem people have said its meaning was sea or land or something like that. Riku link:"

Sorry to burst your bubble but I registered just to reply to this post. I'm a Japanese major (i've only taken 2 years, but I'm studying in Hokkaido come next spring ) and I can say that neither Sora or Riku are female or male names. They're just not common names. Babynames.com is not a reliable source when it comes to Japanese names. If you really want to know...buy a Japanese dictionary. It's difficult to be certain what the names mean without the kanji (chinese characters) but Sora does indeed mean sky as does Riku mean land. Don't believe me? look it up in almost any full-sized dictionary. -ku is a common masculine ending of a name, although I've yet to meet any "Riku"s. -ra is just not a common name ending.

As far as Riku/Sora shippers or Kairi/Sora shippers... that I have no expertise in to comment on. Personally I'm a Riku/Kairi shipper. But to each their own.

Lisafer

Website
www.xanga.com
Ahem... -.-

And what exactly are you going to do if I choose to mention Riku/Sora? Throw more Caps Lock at me?

Judging by your logic, since they are girl names, Riku/Sora makes perfect sense in your eyes.

and also the seperation between Sky and Sea or Land that she sometimes created.
See? <<;; Even you're agreeing yourself.

Sorry to burst your bubble but I registered just to reply to this post. I'm a Japanese major (i've only taken 2 years, but I'm studying in Hokkaido come next spring ) and I can say that neither Sora or Riku are female or male names. They're just not common names. Babynames.com is not a reliable source when it comes to Japanese names. If you really want to know...buy a Japanese dictionary. It's difficult to be certain what the names mean without the kanji (chinese characters) but Sora does indeed mean sky as does Riku mean land. Don't believe me? look it up in almost any full-sized dictionary. -ku is a common masculine ending of a name, although I've yet to meet any "Riku"s. -ra is just not a common name ending.

As far as Riku/Sora shippers or Kairi/Sora shippers... that I have no expertise in to comment on. Personally I'm a Riku/Kairi shipper. But to each their own.
-WOOHOO!-

You, have earned yourself a cookie. ^_^

And Riku/Kairi, three words. Sexier. Than. Thou.

Twilight Town

happi_go_lucky said:
"
Twilight Town said:
Don't know if anyone has ever heard of this, but Sora is actually a girl, Native American name that means "chirping songbird". Th name everyone has always said means of the sky is actually Sorano, not Sora. Below is the link for Sora and Sorano.
Twilight Town said:

As for Riku, it is a female Japanese name with no meaning. Although soem people have said its meaning was sea or land or something like that. Riku link:"

That's what I thought, but Sora is also said to be a Native American name. Are you saying it can't be both?

I don't mind other pairings as long as its not one where Sora, Riku, Kairi or anybody else is gay, because they aren't. I don't mind the Riku/Kairi pairing, I just prefer Sora/Kairi.

You make no sense. I was saying Kairi created seperation between Riku and Sora. In other words I was saying they were competing over her you are so stupid. By the way, why the heck do you have a pic of Aerith being killed by Sephiroth. That's sick.

Lisafer

Website
www.xanga.com
Twilight Town said:
That's what I thought, but Sora is also said to be a Native American name. Are you saying it can't be both?

I don't mind other pairings as long as its not one where Sora, Riku, Kairi or anybody else is gay, because they aren't. I don't mind the Riku/Kairi pairing, I just prefer Sora/Kairi.
...This is something that needs clearing up.

I'm perfectly aware that they are not gay. And so are the majority of the likers of that pariring. That doesn't stop me from liking it. Why? Because it's cute, and very often incredibly hot.

And your signature, qualifies as an incorrect statistic, which can get you sued in extreme cases. <<;;

By the way, why the heck do you have a pic of Aerith being killed by Sephiroth. That's sick.
Is it now? That's your opinion, sweetheart. I, thankfully, have a sense of humor.

Lost Heaven

buried in my thoughts
Website
xxlostheavenxx.livejournal.com
That's funny someone made this thread. About a month ago I was putting in names from Kh and sora came up and it said it was a girls name. A long time ago, I think there was a girl at my school named sora. Theres also this kid at the middle school named kairi (thats not how u spell it put thats how its pronounced) and hes a guy. o_O

Twilight Town

Lisafer said:
...This is something that needs clearing up.

I'm perfectly aware that they are not gay. And so are the majority of the likers of that pariring. That doesn't stop me from liking it. Why? Because it's cute, and very often incredibly hot.

And your signature, qualifies as an incorrect statistic, which can get you sued in extreme cases. <<;;

Is it now? That's your opinion, sweetheart. I, thankfully, have a sense of humor.

Yes, I know that most people who like it know they aren't, but some loons like you and Salsa and the like think that it actually has a possibility of happening in KH2 or that the game has evidence to back it up. It doesn't.

Its really not cute at all. Any of the girls on here who like it are weird 'cuz normal girls don't like that kinda stuff.

Ooooh sue me!!! Helloooo, idiot open your eyes, there are plenty of people with fake statistics on their sigs. Its all makin' fun of tat statistic about pot.

Two other things:

1. Don't ever call me sweetheart agin even though you were kidding. (coughjust likeSalsacough)

2. I have a great sense of humor, and some people who like that pairing don't bug me too much, but you are a pretty hateful person. Just look at the things you say on this site.

Sephiroth101101

Lisafer, I agree with Twilight Town on everything in this thread, including the sick sig... *Throws Caps Lock* SICKO!!!!! I mean, I'm a Sepiroth fan too, but that sig??!!

Twilight Town

Thanks so much Sephiroth101101. You are going on my friend list unless you don't want me to. Let me know, and copy the thing into your sig too.

Edit: I'll make it a respect list that way I can add more people to it.

imallaboutKH

Hangin' in Kong Studios
Off walkin da road of Twilight with Riku and Micke
Riku and Sora are boy and girl names, just like american names, like Alex and Jesse/jessie.

It has been proven by many of this sites users japanese teachers (including mine) that Sora, does infact mean Sky in Japanese, and Riku does infact mean Land in japanese! Kairi, my sensei said it was just a name, so, yea. but y do we care anyway? its a great game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back