• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Reverse/Rebirth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
The reason I am posting it here is because it has to do with unbirths.

What exactly does Reverse/Rebirth mean? Don't say Riku's story in COM. I want to know what this means and what would be the result of Reverse/Rebirth. Exactly what happens when a Reverse/Rebirth occurs? Also, could this be connected to the unbirths?

rascus213

i believe reverse means the opposite of sora
im not completly sure but i know both of them have reasons(that someone else will remember)
but i dont believe they have much to do with unbirths
howerver i could be wrong....

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Though Reverse/Rebirth and Unbirth sound like the opposite of each other, I think they do have a connection. Though I don't see how Riku's story connects to the Unbirths(yet)

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
The symbolism of Reverse/Rebirth is quite simple actually.

Seeing as it's the second play through but in Riku's point of view the title somewhat fits. It also represents Riku's path to conquering the darkness and accepting it along with light: Reverse/Rebirth.

How it connects to the unbirth's I'm not sure, but it's highly doubtful they correlate at all.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
The symbolism of Reverse/Rebirth is quite simple actually.

Seeing as it's the second play through but in Riku's point of view the title somewhat fits. It also represents Riku's path to conquering the darkness and accepting it along with light: Reverse/Rebirth.

How it connects to the unbirth's I'm not sure, but it's highly doubtful they correlate at all.

But is'nt KH about connections? So would'nt the title Reverse/Rebirth be connected to the unbirths somehow? Cause I thought everything was connected somehow in the game.

Iridium

Awards
Not every single thing is connected, some important things are connected though.

sassysis10

Reverse would be opposite of Sora like the others have been saying. Rebirth would represent the internal struggle Riku has to go through to...find himself(I'll go with that metaphor) As for the Unbirth thing...i don't see any evidence that could link to the Reverse/Rebirth statement, but you never know. SE has surprised us with many things.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I suppose your right. I just found it odd that the word birth found in Reverse/Rebirth and in Unbirth. I just figured it was connected but I suppose you are right.

Iridium

Awards
I suppose your right. I just found it odd that the word birth found in Reverse/Rebirth and in Unbirth. I just figured it was connected but I suppose you are right.

Well this has been brought up before so you weren't the only one to have thought of it. Eh, every word has a meaning but it's not always used the same way. So unbirth could come into play similarly to Reverse/Rebirth or the exact opposite. For now we'll just have to wait and see.

slmcknett

I looked up the two words on my Microsoft dictionary.

Reverse:
1) change something to opposite: to change something to the opposite direction, order, or position.

So this could indicate the fact that we're looking at Riku's story instead of the main protaganist, Sora; we're flipping the direction that the story's taking into another point of view.

2) go backward: to go backward, or move something in a backward direction.

This could possible play into the fact that Riku's ascending the castle going from Floor 12 to Floor 1 as opposed to Sora's ascension of 1 to 13.

3) turn something inside out: to change something so that the opposite side or part shows.

Since Riku is possessed by Ansem, who's trying to take control, this meaning could support the fact that Riku's slowly being turned inside out from the presence of Ansem's suppression.

4) revoke ruling: to overturn a previous ruling made by a lower court.

This could be Riku trying to overpower Ansem, or it could possibly be DiZ trying to escape from the judgment that Xemnas placed upon him.

5) print something white against dark background: to print text or graphics in white against a dark or colored background.

This could be a referance to the fact that Riku (being the white) is being placed into scenarios where only dark creatures dwell (the dark), such as the Heartless and the Organization.

6) turn weapon upside down: to turn a weapon upside down, especially as a sign of mourning.

This last one doesn't really fit into this, as this is what soldiers do to mourn for their fallen comrades, but it may tie into how Riku has flipped his weapon around in KHII to form a new weapon. But, I dunno about this one.

Rebirth:
1) regeneration of something destroyed: the regeneration of something that has died or has been destroyed.

This could either be the fact that Ansem is being reborn inside of Riku, or the fact that Riku is trying to rebirth himself through the expulsion of Ansem's being.

2) revival of ideas or forces: the revival of important ideas or forces, usually as part of broad and significant change.

This could be pointing towards the fact that people other than Maleficent are going to try and seize the Keyblade's power through Riku. Or it could just be reminding us that Riku's possessed. Whichever one, really.

3) reincarnation: the act or process of reincarnation.

Now, this could be the same thing as the 1st definition, hinting towards Riku and Ansem, but it could also be pointing towards DiZ's emergence, and he had just escaped from the Realm of Nothingness, thus reincarnating his presense.

So basically the title is just pointing towards the fact that Riku's possessed and he's trying to revive himself by expelling Ansem from his body. I doubt that the title has anything to do with BBS (except for maybe DiZ, but...). Although, one might say that the title is proclaiming that fact that the reversal of rebirth is occuring within the gameplay; Riku actually being devoured by the darkness and being killed by it.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
I looked up the two words on my Microsoft dictionary.

Reverse:
1) change something to opposite: to change something to the opposite direction, order, or position.

So this could indicate the fact that we're looking at Riku's story instead of the main protaganist, Sora; we're flipping the direction that the story's taking into another point of view.

2) go backward: to go backward, or move something in a backward direction.

This could possible play into the fact that Riku's ascending the castle going from Floor 12 to Floor 1 as opposed to Sora's ascension of 1 to 13.

3) turn something inside out: to change something so that the opposite side or part shows.

Since Riku is possessed by Ansem, who's trying to take control, this meaning could support the fact that Riku's slowly being turned inside out from the presence of Ansem's suppression.

4) revoke ruling: to overturn a previous ruling made by a lower court.

This could be Riku trying to overpower Ansem, or it could possibly be DiZ trying to escape from the judgment that Xemnas placed upon him.

5) print something white against dark background: to print text or graphics in white against a dark or colored background.

This could be a referance to the fact that Riku (being the white) is being placed into scenarios where only dark creatures dwell (the dark), such as the Heartless and the Organization.

6) turn weapon upside down: to turn a weapon upside down, especially as a sign of mourning.

This last one doesn't really fit into this, as this is what soldiers do to mourn for their fallen comrades, but it may tie into how Riku has flipped his weapon around in KHII to form a new weapon. But, I dunno about this one.

Rebirth:
1) regeneration of something destroyed: the regeneration of something that has died or has been destroyed.

This could either be the fact that Ansem is being reborn inside of Riku, or the fact that Riku is trying to rebirth himself through the expulsion of Ansem's being.

2) revival of ideas or forces: the revival of important ideas or forces, usually as part of broad and significant change.

This could be pointing towards the fact that people other than Maleficent are going to try and seize the Keyblade's power through Riku. Or it could just be reminding us that Riku's possessed. Whichever one, really.

3) reincarnation: the act or process of reincarnation.

Now, this could be the same thing as the 1st definition, hinting towards Riku and Ansem, but it could also be pointing towards DiZ's emergence, and he had just escaped from the Realm of Nothingness, thus reincarnating his presense.

So basically the title is just pointing towards the fact that Riku's possessed and he's trying to revive himself by expelling Ansem from his body. I doubt that the title has anything to do with BBS (except for maybe DiZ, but...). Although, one might say that the title is proclaiming that fact that the reversal of rebirth is occuring within the gameplay; Riku actually being devoured by the darkness and being killed by it.

you've been thinking a lot lately, huh..

but this is great.! all the meanings seem to fit..

im also wondering why reverse/rebirth is the title and why the " / "..??

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
What exactly does Reverse/Rebirth mean?
Reverse - the opposite; the opposite of sora if you really go into it.
Rebirth - creating life: riku moving from the darkness that he is so tainted of into a more twilit perspective.
But is'nt KH about connections? So would'nt the title Reverse/Rebirth be connected to the unbirths somehow?
Not really. The more you actually start to think about the game, the more it seems random. Not to say that connections are vital to the story line, but overall the connections are important to all stories, and not KH in particular.

Yeah, the same way riku is connected to them. The same way all of the characters are connected to them. It'll be revealed in time, i wouldn't really waste my time worrying about it.

Finrear

I think Reverse/Rebirth means that riku was is the reverse side to the COM story and that Riku is reborn for darkness into twilight

If it has anything to do with the unborns I would think it might mean that the unborns are parts of the heart that still contain darkness and don't get reborn when the rest of the heart does

Crimson Jazz

You ain't got no YEEZY!?!
But is'nt KH about connections? So would'nt the title Reverse/Rebirth be connected to the unbirths somehow? Cause I thought everything was connected somehow in the game.

I seriously doubt Nomura had the idea of BBS and Unbirths when CoM came out. And, as Iridium said, no. Not every single thing in Kingdom Hearts is connected.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Way I see it, the Unbirths' general concept was probably buzzing around in Nomura's mind, and this might be an instance of it.
We won't know for sure until we find out what Unbirths are though, and even then, it's probably coincidental o:

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
If I remember correctly Nomura said in an interview at the time of KH2's release that he had a pretty good idea of what the next game was going to be about. Since BBS started production before the other 2 handheld games I would assume that BBS is the game he was speaking of.

So it is possible that the title "Reverse/Rebirth" could have been some kind of inspiration for Nomura's idea of the Unbirths. Then again it could not.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
You do realize what you're saying though, right? At the time of KH2's release - after CoM and R/R were released :\

I meant he probably had a basic idea of what BBS would be around the time that COM was released and that eventually when he started coming up with the more complex story the title "Reverse Rebirth" could have given him some inspiration for the unbirths. In other words not directly connected but still Reverse Rebirth may have been some inspirtion to what extent I am unsure of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back