• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Reno's Last Order

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jexyss

In The World That Never Was....or I will at least.
Website
www.jexyss.deviantart.com
DISCLAIMER: I do not own the characters of Squaresoft, I think you all know this.

Author’s Note (AN): Ok, Axel is my favorite character of KH2. And Reno is my 2nd favorite character of FFVII. And I thought Reno makes a good 'other' for Axel. So I based this story about how Reno became Axel. Obviously, it takes place really early in the series. I'll try to make it acurate...but don't kick me in the teeth if it's not :(
To understand my Fanfic, it helps to know a little about Reno and Rude. I know they're not in the KH series (Woulda been sweet if they were XD) But I'm trying to mix the FFVII world in with the KH world a bit...well, I hope you like it. Oh, and Cougar's just someone I made up on the spot >.>
Oh, this fic has FOUL language in it...so I edited them to be on the safe side :D

CHAPTER ONE

Reno propped his feet up on the coffee table and clicked on the TV just as Rude stepped in.

“New orders from Tseng.” he said.

“Aw, s**t man, I just got comfortable!” Reno whined popping a beer can open. “Tell Elena to do it.” he said taking a sip.

Rude peered over the rim of his sunglasses, “Elena’s still working on the last assignment we were given.”

“Oh yeah.” he flipped to a different channel and grinned, “The one in the mountains.”

-Elsewhere-

Elena shivered and rubbed her arms looking around her at the surrounding two feet of snow. “I’M GOING TO F**KING KILL HIM!”
-

“But Tseng said this one’s important.” Rude said. Reno just flipped to a different channel and re-sipped his drink, “He has received documents from Restricted Personnel, and wants us to investigate illegal experimentation going on in a place called Hallow Bastion.”

“Illegal experimentation, huh?” Reno said not sounding the least bit interested, “Like on what?”

“That’s what our job is. To find out.” Rude said.

Reno clicked off the TV, chugged his beer, then threw the can on the floor with the rest of their usual garbage, “Well, let’s go then.” he said getting up with a sigh.

-

They arrived at SHINRA HQ, where they were greeted by Cougar, a 2nd ranking commander. He eyeballed them, then snorted, “I’m surprised you managed to get your lazy-ass up!” he snapped at Reno, “Where’s Elena?”

“…she’s busy.” Reno responded scratching his nose.

Cougar narrowed his eyes, then reached in his coat pocket and carefully pulled out an envelope, “These are your orders. Tseng wants your report by Monday.”

“Righty-O!” Reno said snatching the envelope from the commander and shredding it open. Rude peaked over his shoulder at the letter. He whispered the words to himself, but froze at one in particular. Reno had been glancing at him annoyed through the side of his eye, “It’s Xehanort.” he said aiding his friend, then looked at Cougar, “Who is this guy?”

The commander shrugged, “Hell if I know. Apparently works for a scientist named Ansem.” he crossed his arms, “But you’re to follow me to meet the client. Some weird-looking messenger from ‘the King’”

“The King?” Reno and Rude asked in unison.

“Just follow me!” Cougar growled starting to walk off without waiting.

“No need to be pissy.” Reno said.

“What was that?” Cougar had stopped and craned his neck to glare at them over his shoulder.

“I said ‘You’re a sissy.’” he turned to Rude chuckling, “Or was it ‘Look at Miss Prissy’? I can never remember these things!”

“Very funny.” the captain snapped, then looked back ahead of him and turned walking into stomping. Rude and Reno followed, quite amused.

Last edited:

Jexyss

Website
^^; Here's chapter two...it's started to introduce a few KH characters >.> such as Chip and Dale....^^;;

CHAPTER TWO

Cougar took them to the elevator and stepped inside. Reno and Rude stepped in after him. He pressed the button to get to eleventh floor. The door slowly closed and the floor began to move. Reno grinned and leaned over to the buttons and slid his finger from the second floor to the tenth floor. Lighting up all of the nine buttons.

The commander glared at him.

“Whaaaaaat?” he said not even trying to hide his pleasure.

At each floor the elevator stopped and the door slid open. Passer-by’s would stop to see who was getting off, only to see Reno waving and saying “Hey, how’s it goin’?” Rude would simply shrug at the confused people and smile. Cougar’s temple was practically visible through his helmet.

When they finally reached the eleventh floor, the commander stormed off pointing to a door and continued on mumbling to himself. Rude led them to the door and opened it up, then the two partners stepped inside.

Tseng sat at his desk with his index finger massaging his temple, “You guys took your-”

“OH THANK HEAVENS!!!” a tall, goofy-looking cow popped in front of their visitors wearing a straw hat with a flower propped on it. “I WASN’T SURE YOU’D MAKE IT!” she cried grabbing their hands and shaking them vigorously.

“Ah…” Reno looked at Tseng with a wondering expression.

“This is Clarabell.” Tseng said motioning towards the captor of their hands, “She was sent by the King to aid you in getting to Hallow Bastion, and further explain the details of the mission…by the way…” he looked over their shoulders, “Where’s Elena?”

Reno and Rude glanced at each other, then back at Tseng, “Um…Well, we better be off now!” Reno said smiling, and gripped Carabell’s hand harder than she had and pulled her out of the door. Rude shrugged and followed, closing the door behind him. Tseng leaned back and shook his head.

“…Poor Elena’s probably freezing in those mountains.”
_

“My, my boys! In a hurry are we!?” Clarabell said happily, “Well, that’s good! It’ll be a lot better if I explain things on the ship while we’re on the way there. You know, my brother once helped Chip and Dale tend to the ship, only the ship was a lot less complex back then. But man, oh man would he have stories when he would come home…” the cow began to ramble on as they made their way back to the elevator to the bottom floor.

“What the hell is this cow talking about?” Reno whispered to Rude, who shook his head and shrugged in response.

They followed their client out of the elevator on the second floor and to the train where they were taken to the new airport that had been made only a year after the meteor incident. Clarabell talked non-stop the whole way. The two wondered when she’d shut up, when her speech was interrupted by the scurrying of tiny feet. Two little chipmunks dressed in aprons ran up to the three.

Reno looked down and pulled out a gun, “F**king rats.” he said and shot. The bullet missed the one as it jumped into the air and the two scurried in circles in a panic.

“Woah, woah, WOAH! What’re you shooting at!?” it snapped still running.

“Oh my HEAVENS!” Clarabell ran in front of them extending her rubbery arms out and blockading the chipmunks from Reno and Rude, “DON’T SHOOT!”

Reno glanced at Rude, and back at the chipmunks, then shrugged and sheathed his gun. “Explain what rats have to do with this.”

“We’re not rats!” The smarter-looking one shouted crossing his tiny arms.

“We’re chipmunks!” the other added running into his suddenly halted partner.

“And we’re going to be the pilots of your ride, so you better treat us with a little more respect!” the first added.

“Pilots?” Reno and Rude said in unison.

“I’m Chip!” said the first.

“And I’m Dale!” said the other.

Clarabell clapped her hooves together, “Oh I can’t wait to show you our ride! I designed it myself!” she said overly excited.

Dale pulled out a little switch and pushed a few buttons. Behind them a bright pink thing like a cardboard box with fire engines sticking out of the back and cube-like wings sprouted out of the sides. It wobbled a little, then propped itself on the ground behind the chipmunks.

Reno and Rude cocked their eyebrows, “Are you kidding?” Reno asked. The two took a closer look, spotting flowers decorating the sides, surrounded by the pink. “Why don’t we take our bikes?” he said motioning behind him where a warehouse stood opened and a line of motorcycles were lined up inside.

“Oh dear heavens, we can’t reach there on foot.” Clarabell chuckled. Then turned around and began walking to the ship.

“Well if it’s air we need, there are plenty of airships.” he pointed to ships coming and going on different airway tracks.

“Those ships couldn’t possibly reach our destination!” she laughed opening the door. Chip and Dale jumped inside.

“…Submarines?…We have those!” Rude nodded behind Reno.

“Well, hop aboard gentlemen!” Clarabell said ignoring their remark and welcoming them onto the pink ship. The two hesitated, then stepped inside, feeling rather queer.

Taokitty

A Chagrined Fool.
Awards
People's Fragile Dreams, Relinquished from Anixiet
LOL! xD Sorry, but, I can't help but find this funny..o.o It kind of seems a little out of place about Reno and Rude meeting these guys though since FFVII was more.. Mature.. So I was kind of thinking What the hell...o.o Then again, I like Reno and Axel, well, Axel's okay!=^_^= 8/10 Though, it could use more description, sorry if it wasn't attented, but, it's kind of funny..o.o I guess it's okay!=^_^=

-Taokitty

Jexyss

Website
CHAPTER THREE

The two Turks took their seats and looked around at the flashing buttons and lights in awe.

“This some kind of space ship?” Reno asked.

“No you big buffoon!” Dale snapped.

“It’s a Gummy ship!” Chip added hopping on buttons that had been spread across a panel in front of him.

“I suggest you buckle in!” Dale said jumping on his own set of buttons.

Reno and Rude laughed, “We’re not three!”

“Don’t say we didn’t warn you.” Chip grinned and slammed his tiny paw on one final red button and the ship shot up into the air. Reno and Rude were flown out of their seats. Clarabell had securely strapped herself in and looked back at them in shock.

“Oh my!” she said covering her large mouth with her hoof.

Reno was unfortunate to hit the wall first, Rude slammed on top of him, knocking the wind right out of his lungs. He struggled under his partner’s weight until Rude realized what it was that squirmed beneath him, then grabbed a seat and pulled himself away from the breathless red head.

The two managed to get to their seats and threw their safety belts on. Rude noticed the chipmunks chuckling to themselves and nudged Reno who glared up at them, “Stupid rats!” he muttered.

When the gummy ship had finally reached it’s destination, Clarabell awoke from a gentle slumber and stretched, then helped herself to being the first to exit the ship. She stood outside and looked back at the door, “Come gentleman. We haven’t got all day!” she said smiling.

Out staggered Reno, followed by a very pale Rude. They swayed on the two steps. Reno even lost his footing and tumbled to the ground, his face covered in sweat.

“We’re gonna stay aboard!” Chip chirped from the door’s frame saluting Clarabell.

“Uh-huh!” Dale said…then looked at the fallen turk and started chuckling.

“…I hate….urp….flying…” Reno snapped holding back his breakfast.

After recovering, Clarabell led them through what seemed like a deserted town.

“Hey…where are all the people around here? No chicks or anything.” Reno asked half-sulking.

Rude spoke up, “According to the report. Most of the civilians of this town have fled, on the account of something called a-”

“HEARTLESS!!! KUPO!”

“Yes, a heartless…..‘kupo‘?” The three turned around as a plump moogle came zooming past them. It’s little bat wings beating up a storm.

“Heartless! Heartless! Heartless! Help! Kupo!” The moogle was in such a panic it flew straight into the wall of a building and plummeted to the ground.

“Oh the poor dear!” Clarabell rushed over to it and lifted it from the ground.

Reno pulled out his rod and poked it, “Is it alive?”

“Yes. Thank heavens, the poor thing just needs rest. It was scared to death!”

Rude nudged Reno who looked up at him and noticed he was pointing. He followed his partners stretched out arm towards a strange creature not too far from where they stood. It twitched and watched them from it’s glowing eyes. Six more exact duplicates fused up from the ground, twitching.

“Looks like we’ve got a fight on our hands. Eh, partner?” Reno asked grinning. Rude nodded in agreement.

The heartless charged. Clawing at the two Turks. Rude occupied himself with a small group, while Reno pinned one to the ground with his rod. A shadow formed behind him and pounced at his back. He pulled out his gun with his free hand and placed the top of the barrel on his shoulder.

“Get off my back!” he said, and fired. The shadow disintegrated and faded away. He stumbled a little as the shadow he had pinned fused into the ground. Reno stared confused, then hopped to his feet and began scanning the ground for any signs of movement. The shadow was quick. It flew from the ground and scraped it’s sharp claws across his back. Reno was thrown forward.

Rude then appeared and socked the heartless straight into a building, exploding to darkness on impact. Then the tall Turk helped his partner up.

“I’m fine. I’m fine.” Reno said gently pulling away from Rude and dusting himself off. More of the shadows scurried around them, twisting their dark claws and twitching their jagged limbs. They had blocked any and all exit from their prey.

The two readied themselves for another round when a massive ninja star flew out of nowhere, cutting the shadows to ribbons. A small, slender girl leapt down from the top of a roof and caught her star mid-flight.

“Hiya boys!” she saluted cheerfully.

Reno and Rude glanced at each other confused. “Who’s this broad?” Reno asked.

“Ugh! How rude!” she said stamping her foot and squeezing her hips.

“Reno, it’s Yuffie! Don’t you remember her?” another female approached them. She stepped out from behind the shadow of a building with long, dark hair that flowed with every small gust of wind.

“Oh! Hey Tifa!” Reno said, “What’re you doing here?”

Tifa looked at Rude, then back at Reno, “I could ask you the same question.” she said, unaware that a pool of darkness was beginning to waver on the ground behind her. Reno spotted the soon-to-be visitor.

“Tifa! Look out!” he shouted rushing toward her. But he didn’t get very far before the shadow leapt from the ground, it’s claws thrust forward. Tifa had sensed it and balled her hand. The creature slammed back into the ground and faded away. It’s killer was grinning.

“You were saying?” she asked tilting her head.

CHAPTER FOUR

The group found their way inside of a building, after letting the moogle on his way, where a blonde, middle-aged man sat at a computer. He craned his neck to get a good look at his visitors, then spun the chair around and puffed on his cigarette glaring at them.

“Where the f@#k have you been?! You’re f@#king late! I have half the f@#king mind to break your f@#king necks!” he snapped biting into his butt.

“Well! Someone’s feeling grumpy today!” Reno said hardly phased by the blonde’s attack. Rude nodded.

“What do you f@#king know?! I sat here all f@#king day waiting for your sorry-asses to show up!”

“Wow…didn’t know I had a wife.” Reno smiled.

The blonde’s forehead wrinkled and he slammed his fist into the wall next to him, “If you two weren’t recommended, I’d-”

“That’s enough, Cid!” A new voice snapped. From the other side of the room a dark-haired guy appeared. A scar ran across his face, “They’re here to help.” Cid snorted then got back to work on his computer, muttering to himself.

“Don’t mind Cid.” a gentle-sounding girl appeared. She wore a pink dress, and her hair was a light brown that had been tied back into a long, delicate braid supported by a pink bow.

Reno crossed his arms, “Alright. I think it’s getting just a bit too crowded here now. Plenty of reunions going on, I’ll give ya that!” he glanced at Yuffie, Tifa, Arieth and Cid. Then at the dark-haired stranger in the corner, “But who’s that?”

“Oh that’s Squall!” said Yuffie happily.

“The name’s Leon.” he corrected her.

“Right. Squall.” Reno said lifting his head and staring at the ceiling with a coy grin.

“Leon.”

“Okay, Squall.”

“Leon!”

“Gotcha….Squall.” Reno couldn’t help it and chuckled a little.

Leon clenched his fists. But before adding to the argument, Rude placed his big hand on Leon’s shoulder, “I’ve seen him keep at this for a few hours before the other man got tired and gave up. Trust me. You won’t win against this one.” he said motioning towards Reno who looked as if he had just been complimented.

“On to business.” Tifa urged taking a seat at a round, wooden table. Clarabell sat beside her. Reno and Rude took their seats across from her, followed by Arieth. Yuffie sat Indian-style on the floor fiddling with her star, and Squall…er…Leon leaned against the wall staring at the floor.

“We need someone to go inside of Ansem’s lab and find out what kind of experiments are going on.” said Arieth. “As soon as they started, more and more heartless have been appearing in town.” she tapped her fingers together gently.

“Why not just have Squall and ninja girl go in?” Reno asked getting a glare from Leon in the corner, “They seem strong enough.”

“Damn right! But-” Yuffie started.

“But they have business to attend to elsewhere.” Interrupted Tifa.

“Got a letter from the king!” Yuffie added joyfully tossing her star up and catching it.

“What about this king?” Rude asked.

“We don’t know much about him, sorry.” said Tifa.

“Well, you’ve handled a number of battles yourself, Tifa. Why can’t you do it?” Reno asked.

“I can’t, because…ah…” she turned her attention to the wall then dropped to the table, “…I’m looking for someone.”

“Spiky boy ran off on ya again, didn’t he?” Reno asked. Tifa looked up and glared dangerously at him. The red-head backed down, “All right! All right! Sheesh.” He loosened up, then rested his chin on his hands, “Anyway…you just want us to find what the old kook’s up to and stop it…that right?”

“Basically.” said Leon.

Reno stood up and sighed, “Sounds easy enough!” Rude got up and followed Reno to the door.

“Wait!” said Arieth desperately, she walked over to them and placed her hands on Reno’s shoulders looking him straight in the eyes, “Don’t let them catch you.”

Reno grinned widely, “Psh! I’d like to see them try.” He nudged Rude, then saluted all of the others, “No worries! I got this thing all wrapped up!”

Jexyss

Website
There are a lot of things that don't make sense. o.o Like Squall's scar for example...he didn't get that as a younger teen...he got that as a 17 year old (Holy monkey he was 17 in FF8!? o_O He looks like he's 21 or so...) and yeah...the whole...Arieth...thing...

But I'll try to pdate again soon. heh, sorry I'm not that great at describing battles ^^;

Jexyss

Website
CHAPTER FIVE

It didn’t take too long before the Turks were in the Bailey overlooking the Hallow Bastion castle.

“Well, would’jya look’t that.” Reno said checking out the scenery.

“That’s where the experimentations have been going on.” Rude said from behind him.

Reno leaned up against a pillar, “I could use a smoke before we move on.” he said pulling out a pack of cigarettes. He lit one then put it in his mouth, then glanced up at his partner and extended out the box causing one cigarette to slide out a bit, “Want one?”

Rude looked at it disgustingly, “You know I don’t touch those.”

Reno shrugged and shook the extended cigarette back into the box, “More for me.” he took a drag on his, then looked back out at the scenery. Then went to slide the box back into his pocket when there was a flash of yellow and it was swiped right from his hand. The two jumped, “What the hell was that?”

“What is it?” said an unknown female voice.

“Is it treasure?” asked another.

“Eww it stinks!” whined a third.

“Who’s there and why’d you take my smokes. Maaan! That just ain’t right!” said Reno.

“Oh! Shh! I think he’s on to us!” said the second voice.

It went silent. Rude and Reno pulled out their weapons and looked around them. Finally Reno got fed up, “Man! Give me my ciggs back!” he shouted.

“Do you have treasure?” asked the first mysterious voice.

Reno looked at Rude, then stared back at an empty space in the wall, “Treasure?”

“Yeah! You know, like jewels, spheres, gold, munny!” said the third voice playfully.

Reno patted his pockets, he was flat-out broke. Then he looked up at Rude hopefully. Rude shook his head.

“Aww, they’re broke.” said the third voice sadly.

“Should we just give this junk back to him?” said the second voice.

Reno slapped his forehead, “Man! Just show yourselves! Why don’t we settle this in a match!”

“Hmm…he wants to fight.” said the first voice.

“Ooooh! Hostile!” taunted the third voice.

“All right girls, I think we’ve played with them enough…for now.” giggled the second voice.

Suddenly, three tiny faerie-type girls appeared before them. They looked like regular women, only…tiny, and floating. Reno and Rude stepped back in shock.

“Oh look! He’s scared!” said the yellow-haired faerie. She had been the third voice.

The middle faerie had short, dirty-blonde hair but with a very long hair extension. “Hey! You think this one’s you’re type?” she said elbowing the last next to her. Her voice had been the second voice.

“Definitely not.” said the last. She had short, silver hair and red eyes.

“Pixies?” Reno asked ignoring them.

“Nope!” said the blonde.

“We’re treasure hunters!” said the middle proudly.

The blond chucked the pack of cigarettes back at him, “We’re only interested in valuable things.” she chuckled.

“Hey! I paid 50 gil for these!” said Reno putting the box in his pocket, “More to the point. Where’d you three come from?”

“Oh, nowhere!” smiled the blonde.

“It’s not important.” said the silver-haired one.

“Well I guess we’ll be going on our way!” winked the dirty-blonde.

“Wait!” Reno grabbed the blonde-haired one’s long, yellow scarf.

“Hey!” she whined.

“Do you guys know anything that’s going on in the castle?” he asked.

“The castle?” asked the dirty-blonde.

“We don’t give anything for free.” said the silver-haired.

The blonde tugged her scarf free and stuck her tongue out at Reno, “That’s right!”

“Wait! I may have something!” Reno said reaching into his pocket. It took a minute of rummaging to find what he wanted. He pulled out a folded up piece of paper, then handed it to the dirty-blonde. She opened it with her tiny hands, examined it, then folded it back up and huddled together with the other two. The three whispered for a few minutes before turning back to Reno.

“Ok. But I’ll only give you this much…Ansem keeps all of his experimental progress locked up in his computer system. Hack that, and you’ll get all the information you would ever need.”

Reno slouched a bit, “Easier said than done, eh? Where can I find this computer? And what if there’s a password?”

“Sorry, but that’s all you get! You’ll have to figure out the rest on your own!” she said, then disappeared in a burst of lights.

“I’m sure you can figure out.” said the silver-haired one unenthusiastically, then disappeared.

The blonde giggled, then disappeared.

After a minute, Rude asked, “What did you give them?”

Reno looked at him grinning and shrugged, “It’s not important.” he turned toward the staircase that led down further into the Bailey, “Let’s go find us a computer system.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back