• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Recolors/Edits: Yay or Nay?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

CA59

Personally, I'm tired of seeing them everywhere. I don't mind edits if the person is taking the base and making an original character, but if all you do is give them longer/spikier hair, recolor them, and then give them a stupid backstory......get a new hobby.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Sometimes it can help for creative purposes. I know my signature character of the roleplaying section started out almost identical to the character Jak in the game Jak 3, except with red hair, shorter ears and fire powers. However, steady tweaking of appearance and powers and clothing has ultimately led me to make something that one would probably be unable to ever trace back to that origin unless it was pointed out.
Taking something familiar and tweaking it just a little bit can start a process that sees you create something far more original and creative than even the original.

CA59

It seems that you started off doing a recolor, and then moved on to editing, which eventually led to something creative.

Do you have a picture of the character uploaded anywhere? I want a link.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Yet to give my own shot at drawing him. Turn's working on a sketch of him, based off his biography.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back