• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Real debates

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
I'm going to have to refute that one. Those are debates and since this is a Kingdom Hearts forum, debates of that nature are to be expected.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Simple, A kingdom hearts forum will attract younger users, yes? So, in Debate, or Intelligent Discussion, as the discussion/arguement/debate continues, it eventually comes to this:

Newbie1: Oh Yeah?!
Newbie2: YEAH!
Newbie1: OH YEAH?!?
Newbie2: Uh, yeah.
*Repeats for 2 pages*
Actually intelligent person: *Left a long time ago*

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Savior of Dawn said:
Simple, A kingdom hearts forum will attract younger users, yes? So, in Debate, or Intelligent Discussion, as the discussion/arguement/debate continues, it eventually comes to this:

Newbie1: Oh Yeah?!
Newbie2: YEAH!
Newbie1: OH YEAH?!?
Newbie2: Uh, yeah.
*Repeats for 2 pages*
Actually intelligent person: *Left a long time ago*

that is close, people like me and other geeks get into it were like " the physics aren't there to back it up etc."

jag-wire

i admit i have posted in some of those forums. but it is a fan forum and they do like to debate about the main subject of the forum. but i would also like to see some political debate.but atleast it's all still debate.

LuvKyou

Kagura4Kyo&4Haru said:
yeah its always this guy against this guy... I'd like to see some debates that are actually meaningful. But aslong as we all have fun then its all good~

Yes, meaningful debates are good. I am kinda sick of all the ___vs___'s debates. I mean, they're not really debates..=\ Ya know what I mean..? I suppose not..oh well. Anyways, we should have more debates about real stuff.

~Luv

Puddle Jumper

Hobo with a shotgun
Website
www.debasedtothis.org
The versus debates are popular in any forum. They offer a good training for real debates. I'm hoping to catch a good debate soon! And, on last thing: If you want a good debate thread, make it yourself ;-)

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
My 'Greatest Superhero' thread was a real debate.

It was intended to be more about the characters, not the powers. But people just didn't listen.

XxXHeartlessXxX

well some people view debating different from others for an example a guy vs another guy is still debate but a different form that you are used to. people here just want to have fun and thats the way it is
if ya wanna stir up a good debate you make one and see how it turns out
:)

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Xelris said:
why are there no REAL debates on the DEBATE forum. all we have is this guy vs. this guy.

As everybody else said, it's because about 1/2 of the forum consists of 10-13 year olds, and 1/4 consists of n00bs, and 1/4 has actual intelligence.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
I'd LOVE to have real debates, but like most of the members have said, kids.

Anyways, it's all in good fun. Laughing at n00bs who give the most stupidest reasons yet think they're all that is one of the best parts of these shitty debates anyways.

Light121

i live in a house, in a town, in a country
Website
www.xanga.com
Dictionary.com
de·bate https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&u=http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/debatev. de·bat·ed, de·bat·ing, de·bates
v. intr.
  1. To consider something; deliberate.
  2. To engage in argument by discussing opposing points.
  3. To engage in a formal discussion or argument. See Synonyms at discuss.
  4. Obsolete. To fight or quarrel.
n.
  1. A discussion involving opposing points; an argument.
  2. Deliberation; consideration: passed the motion with little debate.
  3. A formal contest of argumentation in which two opposing teams defend and attack a given proposition.
  4. Obsolete. Conflict; strife.
technically, i guess even the stupidest of arguements in which no one really acomplishes anything is still considered a debate. personally, i love debating things, but i get enough of that with my friends (who, no surprize, are on the debate team, along with me:D ). so i don't really mind the lack of them on here. intelegent discussion is where you find more of the actual proper and well, intelegant debates. i love reading those. oh well.

hehe, yes, it is funny watching idiotic debates sometimes. it's fun saying things that are stupid just to say them sometimes too. ( i only do that with my friends in debate when they start debateing something like me saying "you are such an idiot" and get all technical, but it's still fun.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back