• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

rar password

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

strike chaos

how do you get rid of the passwords and not the one at the bottom left hand corner.

plz help

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
ummm it sounds like you're trying to extract something and there is a password on it. I've had this problem in the past. You can try searching on google for it or even a torrent website. They usually surface, you just have to search a little or redownload a different file.

strike chaos

not really agent i know the passwords but the files are split with a different password for both of them so i want to get rid of the passwords in the rar so i can extract them got it

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
not really agent i know the passwords but the files are split with a different password for both of them so i want to get rid of the passwords in the rar so i can extract them got it

Lack of punctuation makes it hard to comprehend.

I don't get it, if you know the passwords, why don't you just use them?

Um ... show a picture.

strike chaos

massive attack sorry about the punctuation i thought we weren't in school.

"Not really agent. I know the passwords but, the files are split with a different password for both of them. So I want to get rid of the passwords in the rar, so I can extract them, got it."

the rar only uses one password when extracting so i got some of the files out but, not all of them.

what should the pic be.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
And just because one isn't in school, that doesn't mean that person should go around talking in Ebonics. In your case, grammatical errors.

What you want is to communicate because you want to get a message across. Communication can only be done if both parties can comprehend each other.

Clarify how many .rar files you have.
Clarify how many passwords you have to accompany said files.

strike chaos

I have 7 .rars and extracted everything but these two parts. So I'm only having trouble with two and there are two different passwords. help any.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
Just to be clear, a .rar file will look something like
untitled-4.jpg
on your computer.
What you just told me, is that you have 7 of these. (with different names of course) You were able to extract 5 of them with the 2 passwords in your possession.
Now, you say you have 2 .rar files left. All you need to do is try both passwords.
That's the situation you just told me.

I'll assume that's not the problem, because according your third post, you said each file has different passwords.
So fixing the situation, you got 5 of the 7 files out. With the two files that you have not extracted, you need to click on them separately. Hit extract and use the password you didn't use yet.

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com

"Not really agent. I know the passwords but, the files are split with a different password for both of them. So I want to get rid of the passwords in the rar, so I can extract them, got it."

the rar only uses one password when extracting so i got some of the files out but, not all of them.

This just does not make sense to me because you are saying that you know the passwords I am guessing that there's two from what you say. Now when you say that rar uses only one password, it's just a password for the main extraction? So after you extracted one file, you had seven smaller ones and out of those seven, two had a password. I'm just trying to understand becuase I've been using WinRar for a long time and have run into password issues but not like yours.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
Wow. You didn't even specify which of the two situations you were actually faced with.
all i really need is a way to get rid of the passwords.
Clearly that's impossible.

Do the smart thing and take a picture, since you can't read words.

Last edited:

strike chaos

1)if i do it the normal way and use one of the passwords (considering it only use one) that message box says one of the two has the wrong password.
2)you can't extract two files at the same time.

take a picture of what

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
take a picture of what
Take a picture of the what you're extracting, because you still haven't told me if you have seven .rar files or if there are seven files in one .rar file. Not a very hard concept.

you can't extract two files at the same time.
Of course you can. Otherwise I wouldn't have suggested it.

1)if i do it the normal way and use one of the passwords (considering it only use one) that message box says one of the two has the wrong password.
If you extract everything, which is what you are doing, and you use the first password, only the files that have that password will be extracted. The ones that weren't extracted, will have the second password. You click only those and extract them.

The situation you described to me is
testing4-1.png

If your situation is one rar file with 7 files within it, you do the following. (this is not the situation you explained)

Once you open up the .rar file you have something like
image here
if you hit extract, everything is extracted.
Files 1-5 have password "ab" and 6-7 have "cd"
when I extract, I will enter in "ab" as the password. Doing so only extract files 1-5 and leaves me with
image here

To extract, 6 and 7 you click just them
image here
Hit extract and enter "cd" as the password.

If it is neither of these situations, I need the screenshot of what you're extracting.

Last edited:

strike chaos

the files are in two separate .rar files because it's been SFXed so it's not that easy.

files 1 and 2

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
I don't see the SFX part myself (I see no .sfx extension) but that shouldn't affect the process. I see seven pieces of one bigger file (not two). Stop mis-leading me :(
I understand the situation now, and it's pretty damn funny.
Double clicking any of the .rar file, prompts you for a password (so WinRAR can put the files together) It'll put together the files that it can but two of the .part.rar have a different password from the one you've put in, canceling the process.

It's starting to sound like a bullshit file. When splitting, say, a movie, you're allowed to set the password once and then all parts will have that password.
Seems to me like someone split the same file twice, each with a different password.
Took parts 1-5 from the first split and 6-7 from the second split.

Where did download this (assuming you did)? If it's a torrent site, you can probably get help from previous comments.
If it was a program like Limewire, eh...

Petie

Awards
Website
www.spriters-resource.com
Seven parts of one archive. This is what I thought was going on and the screen shot confirms it. What doesn't make sense though is that you could extract parts 1 through 5 without 6 and 7. With split archives, you are not supposed to be able to extract anything unless all parts are present and extractable.

So, what exactly happened here? It would seem you've extracted part of the split archive (with or without a password) and there are two parts left. These two parts each have their own password (which really doesn't make sense since you can only specify a single password when creating the archive to begin with). When trying to extract, the process fails since at least one of the parts cannot be extracted with the password used to extract the rest. This is what I figure seems to be happening.

Edit: square-enix brings up a good point here though. It really seems as though someone uploaded two different versions of the same archive which resulted in different passwords being present on different parts.

Now, here's what I need to know. Do parts 1 through 5 have a password and if so, is it the same as the two you mentioned or is this a third password? Also, if you open (not extract, actually open with WinRAR) one of the two remaining parts and put in the correct password, what happens? Both of these would be useful pieces of information to have.

If all else fails, putting the archive (all seven parts) online for one of us to try to extract ourselves would probably help.

Now, all of you who jumped down strike's throat just because he had a little trouble describing his problem, what purpose did that really serve? Yes, proper grammar and punctuation is useful and greatly eases the process of getting your point across but it's not something everyone has a perfect grip on. And rather than attacking someone when they don't post perfectly, you'd help the situation much more by kindly encouraging that they improve their post quality, simply asking them to clarify what they said, or even pointing them to the Forum Rules thread (and specifically to the section titled "Use proper English in here.").

I'm sorry but the way it was handled in this thread was completely unnecessary.

strike chaos

You know what I give up. I downloaded it months ago and I even forgot what it's suppose to do anyways. sorry for the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back