• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Questions About Christianity

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

.:Game Master:.

The Black Samurai
So I got bored, so I thought: there are so many questions on Christianity, some I could answer, why not make a topic. So if you have a question on Christianity, post it here, and I, or anyone else, will answer those questions.

Please keep the questions serious. No sarcasm.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
So you let a book, full of contradictions, control you're life and beliefs?

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Depends upon the day and if there is free pizza.
Why is God a wrathful jerk in the Old Testament, yet a sacrificing Father of the Messiah in the New Testament?

Why is homosexuality frowned upon?

Myself said:
12. An engineering professor is treating her husband, a loan officer, to dinner for finally giving in to her pleas to shave off the scraggly beard he grew on vacation. His favorite restaurant is a casual place where they both feel comfortable in slacks and cotton/polyester-blend golf shirts. But, as always, she wears the gold and pearl pendant he gave her the day her divorce decree was final. They're laughing over their menus because they know he always ends up diving into a giant plate of ribs but she won't be talked into anything more fattening than shrimp.

Quiz: How many biblical prohibitions are they violating? Well, wives are supposed to be 'submissive' to their husbands (I Peter 3:1). And all women are forbidden to teach men (I Timothy 2:12), wear gold or pearls (I Timothy 2:9) or dress in clothing that 'pertains to a man' (Deuteronomy 22:5). Shellfish and pork are definitely out (Leviticus 11:7, 10) as are usury (Deuteronomy 23:19), shaving (Leviticus 19:27) and clothes of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19). And since the Bible rarely recognizes divorce, they're committing adultery, which carries the rather harsh penalty of death by stoning (Deuteronomy 22:22).
So why are they having such a good time? Probably because they wouldn't think of worrying about rules that seem absurd, anachronistic or - at best - unrealistic. Yet this same modern-day couple could easily be among the millions of humans who never hesitate to lean on the Bible to justify their own anti-gay attitudes.

Why?

Why do people treat the Bible as fact despite a COMPLETE lack of evidence?

Why, for the entire span of Christian history, and most of human history, have humans, the highest race on the planet, told others to believe in something even greater?

If God is omniscient, there cannot be free will. If God knows all, he knows what will happen. If not, he is not omniscient and therefore, not the same God defined in Christianity. Why does Christianity still teach that there can be free will of God knows all?

Why does God require those who wish to enter Heaven to believe in him? Did Ghandi go to Heaven? Confucius? Plato, Socrates, Aristotle?

Last edited:

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
If you read Dante's Divine Comedy, BN, you'd know Socrates, Aristotle, Plato, and all the great thinkers of the time went to Hell.

God has always been wrathful, but now we're not dumb enough to fall for it, so he's backing out. [/sarcasm]

Shadukai X

Banned
What gives you the assumption that you can answer these questions? How about another one....What came first, the Church, or the Bible?

Shadukai X

Banned
I'm aware it came first, I was asking him.

Have you recieved any religious education at all GBM?

The Black Samurai
Why is God a wrathful jerk in the Old Testament, yet a sacrificing Father of the Messiah in the New Testament?

Why?

Why do people treat the Bible as fact despite a COMPLETE lack of evidence?

Why, for the entire span of Christian history, and most of human history, have humans, the highest race on the planet, told others to believe in something even greater?

If God is omniscient, there cannot be free will. If God knows all, he knows what will happen. If not, he is not omniscient and therefore, not the same God defined in Christianity. Why does Christianity still teach that there can be free will of God knows all?

Why does God require those who wish to enter Heaven to believe in him? Did Ghandi go to Heaven? Confucius? Plato, Socrates, Aristotle?
Wow... alot of questions. First I'll answer the one about why letting a book of contricictions....
Well, you see, the bible indeed is sometimes misinterpretted, but when you have several books, stating the same thing about Jesus, it can't be incorrect. People that don't even associate at the time of writing, write the exact same things, and are witnesses to this. There is a 1% chance that the important facts in teh bible are misinterpreted. Jesus is the way to heaven. Believe in him, and claim his blood over your sins and you're saved. That's the only thing anyone needs to know about the bible. If you know that part, you can make it to heaven, and that is the overall goal no?

"Why is God a wrathful jerk in the Old Testament, yet a sacrificing Father of the Messiah in the New Testament?"
A wrathful jerk eh?... well, in the old testiment, the main goal was to rid of evil. The book was written basically to put the Isrealites in line, and keep people from worshipping idols. I suppose it might have been more wrathful because people simply didn't listen. In the new testiment his goal was to rid of sins, and reclaim lost souls... or reclaim all. Everyone had sinned, and in so everyone must pay the price for it. Jesus paid the price for us. I don't know about you, but I'd hate to be flogged for every sin I commited. I'm happy God died for us.

"Why is homosexuality frowned upon?"
Homosexuality is sexual perversion. If one becomes homosexual, he/she is disobeying Gods will. God made men to go with women, and homosexual sexual acts is perversion. That's like eating out of your ears, its just not how we were intended to be. Mentally, no one is born gay, it is a mindset that is created over time, and the more it is accepted, the more people will choose that path.

"Why do people treat the Bible as fact despite a COMPLETE lack of evidence?"
The bible is a handbook, telling us what is to come. It may have little contridictions, but it is more helpful than it is wrong. One thing is, the fact that the bible states things that werent even discovered yet. Like take the Earth for example. In the bible, the Earth is refered to as round, which in fact would be impossible to prove back then. A relationship with God is more important than looking at the bible's wrong.

"Why, for the entire span of Christian history, and most of human history, have humans, the highest race on the planet, told others to believe in something even greater?"
Because God created us to realize God's existence... it is evedent that SOMEONE created this reality we know of.

"If God is omniscient, there cannot be free will. If God knows all, he knows what will happen. If not, he is not omniscient and therefore, not the same God defined in Christianity. Why does Christianity still teach that there can be free will of God knows all?"
God is mysterious, and I will not try to act as if I know everything. All I can tell you is, that God clearly states that he does not tell us everything, its like craming Algebra into a two year olds knowledge, we can't concieve of it. We can't understand God, he is too brilliant.

"Why does God require those who wish to enter Heaven to believe in him? Did Ghandi go to Heaven? Confucius? Plato, Socrates, Aristotle?"
Alright, God is the way to heaven, but what is even more important, is getting to the son first. JESUS, is the most important key to making it to heaven. If you do not believe in Jesus for his sacrifice, you cannot make it to heaven. That is the only way to the father, through the son. Its actually easier than it sounds, being a Christian and all. All it takes is a tiny bit of faith... what could it hurt? And unless Ghandi, Confucius, Plato, Socrates, or Aristotle knew Jesus, and believed in him, it would be impossible for them to make it to heaven.

"What gives you the assumption that you can answer these questions? How about another one....What came first, the Church, or the Bible?"
I will attempt to answer these questions, I'm not claiming any power, just answering questions ones wonder about Christianity.

"Have you recieved any religious education at all GBM?"
Thanx for asking... you see, I personally have. I took a Bible class and also, my dad is a pastor, who began a church years ago, and now he is starting from scratch. I've been a Christian all of my life, and unlike most Christians, I am not biased. I understand much about many religions, and would like to give those with questions, something to hear. Mostly encouraging words. What can I say, I feel I can relate to alot of people, being that I know alot of people from many religions, and some that are athiest.

Church came first... most likely, Moses wrote Geneses, and we all know Moses was in a time where Churches existed.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
GameMasterBoy said:
"If God is omniscient, there cannot be free will. If God knows all, he knows what will happen. If not, he is not omniscient and therefore, not the same God defined in Christianity. Why does Christianity still teach that there can be free will of God knows all?"

God is mysterious, and I will not try to act as if I know everything. All I can tell you is, that God clearly states that he does not tell us everything, its like craming Algebra into a two year olds knowledge, we can't concieve of it. We can't understand God, he is too brilliant.

Do not dance around my question.

Why does Christianity still teach that there can be free will of God knows all?"

"Homosexuality is sexual perversion. If one becomes homosexual, he/she is disobeying Gods will. God made men to go with women, and homosexual sexual acts is perversion. That's like eating out of your ears, its just not how we were intended to be. Mentally, no one is born gay, it is a mindset that is created over time, and the more it is accepted, the more people will choose that path."

If God did not want people to be homosexuals, he would not allow them to be homosexuals. How do you know homosexuality is learned gradually?

"Because God created us to realize God's existence... it is evedent that SOMEONE created this reality we know of."

No it is not. This reality could've just always existed. After all, is that not your answer for where God came from?

I have more, but I will leave you with those.

"Alright, God is the way to heaven, but what is even more important, is getting to the son first. JESUS, is the most important key to making it to heaven. If you do not believe in Jesus for his sacrifice, you cannot make it to heaven. That is the only way to the father, through the son. Its actually easier than it sounds, being a Christian and all. All it takes is a tiny bit of faith... what could it hurt? And unless Ghandi, Confucius, Plato, Socrates, or Aristotle knew Jesus, and believed in him, it would be impossible for them to make it to heaven."

Ghandi never entered the gates of a heaven, but a 7 time serial killer who said the rosary in public is whooping it up with the big J.C. Thank you for clearing that up and thanks to God for plenary indulgence. Dogmatic law is a b*tch, no?

"Church came first... most likely, Moses wrote Geneses, and we all know Moses was in a time where Churches existed."

Moses lived in a time before Christianity and Catholocism. There were no churches. There were Jewish synagogues.

The Black Samurai
"Why does Christianity still teach that there can be free will of God knows all?"
As I said before, God is mysterious. I don't know what God thinks, matter of fact, I don't know why God did what he did... but he did.

"If God did not want people to be homosexuals, he would not allow them to be homosexuals. How do you know homosexuality is learned gradually?"
God does not force us to do anything. The human race was born unto his image, and he gave them the power to choose things for themselves. Homosecuality is a choice. God made humans so that they are attracted to the opposite sex. And perversion always does come into play.

"No it is not. This reality could've just always existed. After all, is that not your answer for where God came from?"
The one thing humans can't concieve is eternity. For us, there is always as end, always a beginning. God was never created, he was always there, even before anything was created. He created reality... the bible says that God was always there. And eternity is one thing you'll never know.

"Ghandi never entered the gates of a heaven, but a 7 time serial killer who said the rosary in public is whooping it up with the big J.C. Thank you for clearing that up and thanks to God for plenary indulgence. Dogmatic law is a b*tch, no?"
Unfortunatly... lol

"Moses lived in a time before Christianity and Catholocism. There were no churches. There were Jewish synagogues."
So Temples were not churches?

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
God can do anything, according to Christianity. Everything is his turf.

The original question was "What came first, the Church, or the Bible?"
In a Christian thread and in a question involving the Bible, I figured it was safe to assume they meant the Christian or Catholic church.

"The one thing humans can't concieve is eternity. For us, there is always as end, always a beginning. God was never created, he was always there, even before anything was created. He created reality... The bible says that God was always there. And eternity is one thing you'll never know."

Game Master Boy said:
The bible is a handbook, telling us what is to come.

The Bible tells us what is to come. How does it tell you what has already come to pass? Were the writers of the Bible around for the creation of the universe, if it was created to begin with?

Game Master Boy said:
Well, you see, the bible indeed is sometimes misinterpretted, but when you have several books, stating the same thing about Jesus, it can't be incorrect.

So if the entire population of North America wrote books describing ladybugs as large, purple, 12-legged mammals with horns, it would be correct? Presuming, of course, we are going with the same theory you use with the above statement.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com

According to the Bible, Sodomy is a sin. That is why Christians look down upon homosexuality. You shouldn't let that bother you though, that is, if your not a Christian.

If you read Dante's Divine Comedy, BN, you'd know Socrates, Aristotle, Plato, and all the great thinkers of the time went to Hell.

Fiction.

Christianity really has no right to exist. Some Jewish sects do believe that Jesus was their Messiah, but they interpret him as only fulfilling half the prophecy, the other half to be fulfilled during his second coming. This whole Christianity thing came from the Jewish followers of Jesus spreading his teachings everywhere, in turn having their faith lose nearly all of its Semitic roots.

Well, that’s not really a question but it certainly will spark debate. So here is a real question: Why don't other Christians refer to Catholicism as Christianity?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back