• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Questions about Birth By sleep

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora-keyblade

I live in the dark the dark lives in the shadows a
Hey guys I was rewatching some of the cutscenes in theatre mode and these scenes brought up questions in which i had no answer for. First off in the first cut scene we see a dude with whitish/silver hair looking at the sea in destiny islands and im wondering who the heck that is. Is it Xehanort when he was younger? We also see him when Terra is looking at Riku and he sees that dude than an older Riku or the other way around. The scene than transitions to Xehanort carrying Ven and leaving him on a tree. Does this scene happen before or after Ven and Vanitus seperate? The only reason I'm asking is because I am confused about the part where Ven is on that circle place and his heart his fragmented. Than someone says do you need help and recovers his heart (Is that Sora?). And the part that confuses me is that Xehanort sees Ven take out his keyblade and says, "A keyblade?" as if it was his first time seeing Ven have one. Also why does Vanitas look like Sora? Is it because it was Sora who healed Vens heart? But that would also mean that this scene happens before Vanitas was seperated because how else would Vanitas take his shape as sora (there would be no connection). Another part is at the end of the game in the secret ending where Terra and Xehanort are talking about the ownership of Terras body and Terra says something like "i have something in my heart now" and Xehanort replys by saying "Eraqus you sly fox." What does that mean? Who did he connect his heart to and what did Xehanort mean? One last thing, did Master Eraqus die? I'm pretty sure he did but than again this is kingdom hearts. Thanks for answering my questions and sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
In order:
1. Yes, the man with silver hair is Master Xhanort when he was younger.
2. I always have a hard time explaining the Terra thing so I'll leave it to someone else.
3. MX leaving Ven on the tree was after Vanitas was created. That's why he's in that state.
4. I think the circle thing is called the Destati and yes, that was Sora's heart speaking to Ven. He was about to be born.
5. MX was surprised to see Ven with a Keyblade because he thought he was too weak to summon it any more.
6. Vanitas looks like Sora because he not only healed Ven's heart, he connected to it. Subsequently, Sora also connected to Vanitas's heart.
7. When Terra says "I have something in my heart" I'm pretty sure he was talking about his friends.
8. ME did "die" but remember when Terra went to catch him as he was falling? It seems that ME's heart went into him at the time.

I think that about covers it. Some one tell me if I screwd up some thing ;).

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Just going to complement a bit as Ruran already did a decent job.

1. checked
2. Terra has some sort of a "foreshadowing", and those images of young Xehanort and Riku are there to show that both are in similar situations, have the same desire. Both Xehanort (when he was young) and Riku yearn to leave Destiny Islands and see other worlds.
This does however not mean that Terra is clairvoyant or a seer.
3. checked
4. The circle-thing is called "Station of awakening" and hinted to be a place inside the heart. Ven's station is broken because Master Xehanort cracked Ven's heart, extracted the darkness out of it and literally cut out a part of it. The darkness manifested as Vanitas and the cut out part of Ven's heart became Vanitas's heart of pure darkness. Yep, it's Sora's heart on its way to being born. It got distracted by Ven's bright light and his pain, offering to help him.
5. MX left Ven at DI because he thought he was about to die (Vanitas took much of Ven's energy away and started to eat away on Ven's already injured heart, sending him into a critical condition) and was surprised that Ven's heart seemed to recuperate enough to summon his keyblade.
6. checked
7. Not quite, Terra realized that Eraqus's heart was with him, assisting him in defying Master Xehanort, that's also why Xehanort utters that line.
8. checked.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Regarding Vanitas, he could've still existed as Ven's other half-heart, even without connecting to Sora. Granted, that means he wouldn't have looked like Sora.

Yep, it's Sora's heart on its way to being born. It got distracted by Ven's bright light and his pain, offering to help him.

Actually, Sora was already born. Nomura said that he was going to take that route, but backed down due to possible complications regarding the existence of hearts before birth.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Regarding Vanitas, he could've still existed as Ven's other half-heart, even without connecting to Sora. Granted, that means he wouldn't have looked like Sora.

Yeah, in actuality Vanitas didn't exactly connect with Sora himself, he got the looks because of his still existing connection to Ven...as Sora's heart repaired also that part which was cut out (now Vanitas's heart, but still connected to the heart it originated from), through the Connection he gained Sora's looks.

Would for example Riku's heart have been the one to help Ventus, Vanitas would look like Riku.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back