• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Question: Why isn't 358/2 Days playable?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kakalakingma

Hello Kingdom Hearts connoisseurs, I have a question.

I either forgot or am not aware of any official explanation, but why is Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days not playable in this HD collection? Any official quotes from magazines that tell the reason?

And recently learning about the possibility of 2.5 HD ReMIX, I can't help but to think Re:Coded is going to get the same treatment as 358/2 Days.

I can't see the drawbacks to making the game playable other than a delay.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Here you go~ It's from an old Dengeki Interview last October.

--What is the current state of progress on HD?

Nomura: Actually, it’s basically in the final stage. At first I thought about fully remaking Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (hereafter Days) in a form you could actually play. However, work on Days alone would have needed one year at the very least. I worried quite a bit over it, and I thought, weighing up a new title or a remake, players would want the new title. Even so, I had to include Days, so I decided if this is how it has to be then I will re-do it as a video volume.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Sign provided a good explanation. Basically it would have just taken too long to remake a DS game as a PS3 game so they decided to make cutscenes so that way we had it in the collection.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
And frankly, a good portion of that time would've gone to bosses, hence why they never did them here.

but you'd think if they'd be able to remake the cutscenes, they'd try for a better flow, but I'm not complaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back