• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PSP "remakes" and Kingdom Hearts 3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justjack91

Awards
Earlier today, I happened to find this article on IGN that describes how PSP games will be remade onto the PS3 with improved graphics, add-on content, and other various improvements to the gameplay experience. Here is the link to it below.

PSP Titles Being Remastered for PS3 - PS3 News at IGN

Why I mention this in relation to Kingdom Hearts is this means Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep has the potential to move from the handheld to the PS3 console (something that hasn't happened on a current generation console and only on current handhelds).

It's hard to say (and minor spoilers I guess if you want to call it that) how this relates to Birth By Sleep: Volume 2, but this definitely gives a lot more incentive for players of the Kingdom Hearts series to buy a PS3 late in its life cycle (what with Nintendo revealing its next console this June and this being about the time all companies reveal a new system). It also encourages SE and Sony to possibly release a "collector's edition" of the first Kingdom Hearts games (I, C.O.M., and II) on the PS3 (and who wouldn't love that, particularly if they have FM content for I and II).

I've always wondered why, in particular, Kingdom Hearts never made it on a current generation console (whether it be the graphic style, timing, etc.), but this gives the series a chance to see console life again at least until we finally see information on Kingdom Hearts 3 (which most likely, at this rate, will indeed have to be considered for next generation systems).

So what do you think? Does this PSP "remake" phase seem promising for bringing BBS and more Kingdom Hearts related games to a console finally? If so, do you agree with my argument? If not, voice your opinion.

Disclosure: I have no favoritism towards any system. I only own a Nintendo Wii and a PC and I obviously did not push for the game to be on my systems in any way. I'm just stating this theory based on evidence from the IGN report that "blockbuster" hits will be remade onto the PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back