• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

ps3 and xbox 2 coming to e3 this year

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Website
ffsphere.com
Looks like we might get a glimpse of Sony's PS3 earlier than we expected - in a financial conference call last week Sony execs suggested that the next-gen PlayStation will be playable at E3 in May.

The announcement could mean that all three next-gen consoles - Xbox 2, Nintendo Revolution and PS3 - go head-to-head in an epic clash of the console titans at the world's biggest videogames showcase.

Sony confirmed that the PS3 will appear in playable form rather than just showing video footage of the console's capabilities, although the scope of this playability was not confirmed. We could be looking at actual games, or Sony may choose to show off interactive tech demos that demonstrate the PS3's power.

Sony also stated that it would be making a more conclusive PS3 announcement at the end of March. Again, no info was offered as to what this potential bombshell would contain, but perhaps we can expect official technical specifications and a ballpark release date.

This comment comes hot on the heels of confirmation that J Allard, Microsoft's Corporate Vice President, energetic Xbox fan and XNA (Microsoft's next-gen development toolset) guru, will deliver the keynote speech at the GDC on March 9 is San Francisco. His lecture is entitled 'The Future of Games: Unlocking the Opportunity', but it now looks unlikely that he'll be smuggling an Xbox 2 into the auditorium.

Nintendo's Revolution is also expected to make its first public appearance at E3, setting the scene for a truly stunning three-way face off on the showfloor. We'll be there bringing you all the details

New2Ya

I'm lost...
REALLY?!!! Where di you read that?!! Oh man oh man. The XBOX2 was mentioned already, but the PS3!! Ha!!! *** for you Nintendo, with the whole "we're gonna keep an eye on Sony and release Revolution whenever PS3 is released"

Ryu

an obscene gesture
New2Ya said:
REALLY?!!! Where di you read that?!! Oh man oh man. The XBOX2 was mentioned already, but the PS3!! Ha!!! *** for you Nintendo, with the whole "we're gonna keep an eye on Sony and release Revolution whenever PS3 is released"
I quote: Nintendo's Revolution is also expected to make its first public appearance at E3, setting the scene for a truly stunning three-way face off on the showfloor. XD

Anywho New2Ya did Nintendo say that ? When ? Where ??
I wanna know...

And Sora where did you get this info ???

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Oh yes Nintendo said that. They are scared Playstation will again take control over the consoles (I pray it happens, lol), so they will keep an eye on Sony. The moment PS3 will has a final release date, they will release their Revolution...

It's pretty sad man, grow up kiddies...

PS3 FULL CONTROL!

Steve-o

Thats going to be cool. Can't wait to see the new PS3 and X-box2.
ps. New2Ya-Don't dis Nintendo like that, they are one of the first companies to make systems and should be respected for that. Also Sony must have been looking at Nintendo "GameBoy" when they desided to make a PSP.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
You think so? Come on, of course they were the "first".

Hell, Asia was the first country with actual humans, and do get more love (how I call it right now, hahaha) No, they get the same as any other country.

I dis Nintendo, since they seem to like dis other companies. If they want so, go ahead, but they shouldn't cry cuz others dis them.

And about PSP. No offence, but there are more handhelds than the Gameboy, there wasn't any 3D handheld at all. Once Sony announced they were making a handheld with 3D graphics, guess who popped up around the corner a few weeks later? That's right, Nintendo.

It's obvious and logical Nintendo is scared. They should be too...

Ryu

an obscene gesture
New2Ya said:
Oh yes Nintendo said that. They are scared Playstation will again take control over the consoles (I pray it happens, lol), so they will keep an eye on Sony. The moment PS3 will has a final release date, they will release their Revolution...

It's pretty sad man, grow up kiddies...

PS3 FULL CONTROL!
Hella no !! Respect my f*ckin authoritah ! XD Nintendo will still rule, together with Sony. Sony learned a lot from Nintendo so the PS2 also has its origin with Nintendo if you think about it.

Nintendo and Sony will rule together, they will throw down that big-ass green ash-tray of Microsoft and make teh supreme games: SUPREME POWER !! *raises fists*

Ryu

an obscene gesture
New2Ya said:
you have to agree with me on the next reply I posted. its just a fact...
I don't get the thing about Asia, Nintendo and Sony both came from Japan.

And how can you say they like to dis others ? If they're saying they're releasing their console at the same time Sony is, then I just call that an announcement. Everybody says they're going to take over the games industry, if you had a games company, you wouldn't say "yah we kinda suck so let others go first."
Sony likes to brag about its console, so does Nintendo and so does Microsoft. There's nothing wrong with it.

And yeah there are more handhelds than the Gameboy, but who has full control and most experience with handhelds ? That's right, Nintendo.
And on a personal note, I heard about the DS waaaaayy sooner than I heard about the PSP.

Another thing, Nintendo has a lot of loyal fans, as long as all those fans (including me) continue liking Nintendo and buying their games, Nintendo won't fall.

Major companies like Square Enix or Konami release games on both consoles, they don't prefer the PS2 or the Cube, they release the games they have planned on the console that fits with the game best. FFCC for example fits with the Cube, and FFXII fits with the PS2.
They even help eachother: MGS fans for example would wanna have MGS:TS (so they'll buy a cube) and the other way around.

This is how I see the future: Nintendo and Sony, both still competiting but never giving in to eachother. Bringing us wonderful games just to satisfy us, ahh.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
Great find STKB!

But Wielder, I'm with New2ya on this one. I was once myself a gigantic Nintendo fan. I've had all the gameboys (except DS), and every console they've made. I used to say that every other system sucks. But, now, I just don't trust Nintendo with my gaming needs anymore. They really dissapointed me. What with FF:CC (man I despise that game), and FF:TA wasn't so hot either. PS2 has all these great FF's (I'm just using FF's as an example because they are my favourite games).

I can't wait to see the Xbox2... it's is going to be HUGE!! (I'm going to point and laugh). But I do think that Nintendo will never go out, only because they appeal to smaller kinds (generally) and there are always small kids.

X-Zero

Gummi Ship Builder
Great find STKB!

But Wielder, I'm with New2ya on this one. I was once myself a gigantic Nintendo fan. I've had all the gameboys (except DS), and every console they've made. I used to say that every other system sucks. But, now, I just don't trust Nintendo with my gaming needs anymore. They really dissapointed me. What with FF:CC (man I despise that game), and FF:TA wasn't so hot either. PS2 has all these great FF's (I'm just using FF's as an example because they are my favourite games).

I can't wait to see the Xbox2... it's is going to be HUGE!! (I'm going to point and laugh). But I do think that Nintendo will never go out, only because they appeal to smaller kinds (generally) and there are always small kids.

HEy Banishing Blade I am six leave me alone lol, by heart anyways. I cant wait for Starfox, yeah baby!This year is going to be the best, too bad that they wont let me go to the E3...

Maybe they are afraid that I am going to still *laughing* If they say sample that means you can take it right, I will bring it back I swear. But nooo this year they will have a most wanted picture of me. Not like I was going to take the PS3 and Revoultion. Xbox2 will go unde my shirt,lol

Yes and a bonus to that Xbox 2 will be released at the end of 2005 and PS3 and Nintendo Revoultion will be released next year, so it seems Microsoft gets the lead, but Sony and Nintendo are still fighting it out.

Steve-o

New2Ya said:
You think so? Come on, of course they were the "first".

Hell, Asia was the first country with actual humans, and do get more love (how I call it right now, hahaha) No, they get the same as any other country.

I dis Nintendo, since they seem to like dis other companies. If they want so, go ahead, but they shouldn't cry cuz others dis them.

And about PSP. No offence, but there are more handhelds than the Gameboy, there wasn't any 3D handheld at all. Once Sony announced they were making a handheld with 3D graphics, guess who popped up around the corner a few weeks later? That's right, Nintendo.

It's obvious and logical Nintendo is scared. They should be too...
First I know there are more handheld systems than GameBoy but which one is most popular and which one would u want to make something like so that u could get money off of it "GameBoy". So Sony sayed lets make a handheld system too, just like your saying Nintendo is making a new system because of the PS3.quote:"we're gonna keep an eye on Sony and release Revolution whenever PS3 is released" Sony did the same thing so thats one reason why u shouldn't dis Nintendo. Second I heard about the DS way before the PSP too. Third duhhh Nintendo is going to make the Revolution when Sony's makes the PS3. Thats what happened last time with PS2, X-box, and Gamecube. It's just competition. Anyways I like all the systems out right now because they all have different kinds of games I like.I do think that Sony and Nintendo will rise up over X-box though.

starry_eyed_hero

The way I see it, as far as which company will succeed in the console race, Nintendo and Sony are irrelevant. Microsoft's system outperformed Sony's in so many ways, and I have no doubts that the same will happen in the new generation.

Personally, I believe that of the 3 companies competing in this console war, the order of the best to the worst goes like this: Microsoft is the best, then Nintendo, and then Sony.

Sony's systems are weak, fragile, and inefficient. Nintendo doesn't get a whole lot of brand new breakthrough games, but luckily the games it does make are always good enough to last it's fans for an extremely long time. Xbox gets a better string of new, great games than both Gamecube and PS2, and not to mention the system itself is strong and efficiently built, unlike the weak, pathetic PS2. The PS2's just lucky it has GTA:SA and Final Fantasy, and even GTA:SA is getting ready to port over to Xbox.

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
starry_eyed_hero said:
The way I see it, as far as which company will succeed in the console race, Nintendo and Sony are irrelevant. Microsoft's system outperformed Sony's in so many ways, and I have no doubts that the same will happen in the new generation.

Personally, I believe that of the 3 companies competing in this console war, the order of the best to the worst goes like this: Microsoft is the best, then Nintendo, and then Sony.

Sony's systems are weak, fragile, and inefficient. Nintendo doesn't get a whole lot of brand new breakthrough games, but luckily the games it does make are always good enough to last it's fans for an extremely long time. Xbox gets a better string of new, great games than both Gamecube and PS2, and not to mention the system itself is strong and efficiently built, unlike the weak, pathetic PS2. The PS2's just lucky it has GTA:SA and Final Fantasy, and even GTA:SA is getting ready to port over to Xbox.

You do realize that PS2 was released before all of these systmes, especially XBox. If Microsoft didn't make better than PS2, that would be sad and pathetic. Also, a lot of what you said is your opinion... like your rating of consoles. I'd put Sony, then Nintendo, then X-box, but that's MY OPINION. One question though, how is "Sony's system is weak, fragile, and inefficient"?? I don't see how you came to that conclusion...

Cole

Ok, New2ya you know I don't openly insult people, but you are being a obtuse Sony whore. You are acting like Sony is God, and that everything eles is obsolete. And if you like to know, Nintendo annouced months ago that the Revolution will be playable at E3, Nintendo didn't make a 3D handheld, becaue there was no need, there was no competion. EA is going to do the exact same thing, they constantly made Madden better becuae of the strong competion that it had with ESPN, but then they buy the NFL license and ESPN license so there is going to be no competion in the industry and that means that we are going to have the exact same game from 2006 to 2011. So stop being a dip and embrace competion, becasue only then are we going to get spectaular products.

starry_eyed_hero

Sora the key bearer said:
it is halo and that all
Dont forget Ninja Gaiden, Chronicles of Riddick, Dead or Alive Ultimate, Shenmue 2, Fable, Star Wars KOTOR, Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind, Mechassault, Steel Battalion, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow(it was much more sucessful on Xbox then it was on PS2 or Gamecube).

And dont forget Xbox Live in general. PS2 tried, but it's online service isn't and has never been more successful than Xbox Live.

Sorry, but the Xbox has a quite a bit more going for it, aside from the marketing juggernauts, Halo and Halo 2.

Also, Banishing Blade, everybody knows that PS2s are the most fragile and least durable of all the systems. If you own a PS2 for a more than a year(often times, even less) than it will begin to break down, and will stop reading many different discs. Any experienced PS2 owner, like myself, can tell you that.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Nintendo didn't make a 3D handheld, becaue there was no need, there was no competion.

Aaaaand there you have my point. Exactly what Im saying. Nintendo always comes with their NEW stuff the moment someone else comes with it.

I'm not a Sony whore (gheez words these days...), since if Microsoft did all this, Id support Microsoft! Nintendo irritates me, that's all....

Website
www.myspace.com
Wow...I never knew they were coming out with an XBox2 O_O;; ...And I heard about the PS3 ...isn't it supposted to come out in 2006 or something? ...Haha....great info stkb!! =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back