• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PS1 Loading Problem

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowHeart Key

Website
www.freewebs.com
I like playing my favorite PS1 classics like FF7 and Chrono Cross. But whenever I play Chrono Cross, after a while it gives a message saying I can't load Chrono Cross files. My game discs are quite scratched, so would the problem loading go away if i got a disc repair?

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
That probably would help if you did get em repaired... Is the memory card a bit loose? Or shonky? Cos if it is, just re screw it, and also try putting it into the other memory card slot, that could help

Awards
That scratch remover is quite the charm. Fixed over 3 of my games.
If you can't find it, you could cut it in half and cellotape it back together. That'd fix it good.
Also, try standing on your PS1 till you hear a crunching noise. That'll be the desc reader clicking back into place.
If all else fails, take the console apart and then try putting it back together. Tip: Putting things where they don't fit doesn't matter.

ShadowHeart Key

Website
www.freewebs.com
That scratch remover is quite the charm. Fixed over 3 of my games.
If you can't find it, you could cut it in half and cellotape it back together. That'd fix it good.
Also, try standing on your PS1 till you hear a crunching noise. That'll be the desc reader clicking back into place.
If all else fails, take the console apart and then try putting it back together. Tip: Putting things where they don't fit doesn't matter.

i don't have a ps1, i sold it a LONG time ago (when PS2 first came out). Would gamestop have any scratch-removing products?

Awards
i don't have a ps1, i sold it a LONG time ago (when PS2 first came out). Would gamestop have any scratch-removing products?

I have no idea, Gamestop doesn't exist here.
If all else fails, try Amazon or e-Bay or whatever else you can think of.

Project X

Website
mizzill.wordpress.com

If you dont have a ps1 why is this thread called ps1 loading problems? Get a discleaner or something you put in the ps2 to clean the eye. Thats what I do. Or get a new disk. Or somehow move the file of that memory card another one. These are my suggestions. I am sleepy so they may be a little hard to understand.

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
Hotel In Traverse Town, Trying To Sneak Out Withou
No, I know what the problem is. It won't load your file when you try to load your saved data right? That's a problem that's very familar to most PS1 games, especially FF. You see, its kinda like a lottery. After awhile, your saved data will get corrupted, even if you do everything perfectly and don't do anything wrong, its just random. What I suggest you do is start a new game, make 3-5 saves and everytime you save, save on all 3-5 saves. The more the merrier though, I made 3 saves a few times with FF8 and I had them all corrupted, so try to make as many as possible. If you do (and you will) get one or more that's corrupted, load a file that works and save on it immediately so you'll get a good save just in case. This problem is what stopped me from completing FF8 -_-

KuroiHonoushi

was twohearts
gamestop does have scatch remover much its easier and sometimes cheaper to go to gameXchange,Hastings,stage2games,they have a machine that does it for you, thats all i can think of right now but it saves you alot of money instead of just buying another one

Kirby

The scratches are probably what won't let the game load. I've never heard of a disc repair before.
I think there are people who repair disc's though. o.0

ShadowHeart Key

Website
www.freewebs.com
gamestop does have scatch remover much its easier and sometimes cheaper to go to gameXchange,Hastings,stage2games,they have a machine that does it for you, thats all i can think of right now but it saves you alot of money instead of just buying another one

i just found a cream that works for 200 times for 10$ at gamestop online

Wait, I'm confused now. Is the problem loading the disc or your saved files?

The disk is scratched-very scratched. Saving the game isn't the problem, but that after a while, if i try loading, it says "Data is Corrupted" or something similar. It always happens whenever I play a new game, sooner or later, so hopefully I can get some sort of scratch repair and it will make the disk almost new.

No, I know what the problem is. It won't load your file when you try to load your saved data right? That's a problem that's very familar to most PS1 games, especially FF. You see, its kinda like a lottery. After awhile, your saved data will get corrupted, even if you do everything perfectly and don't do anything wrong, its just random. What I suggest you do is start a new game, make 3-5 saves and everytime you save, save on all 3-5 saves. The more the merrier though, I made 3 saves a few times with FF8 and I had them all corrupted, so try to make as many as possible. If you do (and you will) get one or more that's corrupted, load a file that works and save on it immediately so you'll get a good save just in case. This problem is what stopped me from completing FF8 -_-

That's what i was trying to attempt. This is the only game that gets curropted save files. I have about 30 PS1 games, and none of them have problems, so it has to be with the disk itself.

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
Hotel In Traverse Town, Trying To Sneak Out Withou
Yeah thats what I thought, but I don't think the disc is to blame (but I could be wrong). Like I said, this problem has occured to me MANY times with FF8, FF7, Digimon World, and Monster Ranchers, all discs were in good shape. Your best bet is to do what I told you to do with allthe saves but if you do get the disc cleaner and it works, then that's a mystery solved for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back