• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Prince of heart?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyphio

so MX took ventus' darkness out of his heart
making ventus' heart imcomplete
so Ven does not have darkness in his heart
does that make him the prince of heart?
given that the pincesses of heart doesn't have darkness in their hearts

A

Azrael

That's what I'm wondering.

Plus PoHs are implied to become pure when their hearts rid of negative emotions completely or something.

B

brosandi

Thing is, Ven couldn't truly exist without his darkness, which is why I think his process was different from PoHs.

Though, looking at it this way, it almost makes it seem like MX was trying to artificially create a PoH.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
I think you have to be born with a Heart of Pure Light, becuase it would have meant that Sora is also a Prince of Heart or Being with a Heart of Pure Light because his Heart was purified. Though that doesn't seem to be the case.

Yezen

I am starting to think that Ven and Sora might essentially be the same person. The following was one hearstation...

Sora: Can you hear my voice?
Ven: I went alone into the darkness, and I heard a voice.
Sora: Ah~
Ven: Inside that child, was a familliar place, where light was overflowing…. Our hearts have a part that’s not enough, born at the same time.
Sora: I see.
Ven: But. I have to go back to sleep again now.
Sora: Are you sad?
Ven: Is it okay if I become one with your heart again?
Sora: If that means you won’t be sad!
Ven: Thank you!

Yeah...

A

Azrael

I think you have to be born with a Heart of Pure Light, becuase it would have meant that Sora is also a Prince of Heart or Being with a Heart of Pure Light because his Heart was purified. Though that doesn't seem to be the case.

True. Though his Heart is mostly Light and any sparse darkness he has would had been attributed to Vanitas anyways.

It probably was MX's plans to create a Artificial PoH to summon KH.

B

brosandi

They're not the same person.

Ven was given a new heart, that was born at the same time as Sora's. However, since the darkness of Ven's heart was extracted and used to create Vanitas, Ven's heart was missing something.

Ven said:
Yeah, my heart is missing something.

Ven realizes this, and the voice in his Awakening replies with:

If that’s the case, then it’d be okay to connect it with my heart. Thus, yours and my hearts have come in contact. The incomplete heart is healed by the connecting of two people’s hearts.

So, in order for Ven to have a healed heart, he connected it with Sora's heart.

Ven said:
Inside that child, was a familliar place, where light was overflowing…. Our hearts have a part that’s not enough, born at the same time.

So, Ven had made a connection with the boy, because his heart had not be enough on its own (what with his darkness, an important part of a heart, having left him). So, by connecting their two hearts, he was able to have a healed heart, that was essentially complete.

(This is just my thoughts, I don't know if this is how it really is)

But throughout the game, Ven's connection with Sora allows him to be an acting force and what not. Then, for whatever reason, he looses this connection (which is why he can't wake up) In the end, he asks Sora if he can join with his heart once more, and go back to sleep.

Ven said:
Is it okay if I become one with your heart again?

Sora says yes, and then Ven's broken heart connects with Sora's again, and through the two hearts, they have a healed one. However, instead of this healed heart residing in Ven like it had throughout the game, it instead went into Sora, and Ventus went back to sleep (aka the lifeless body in the Chamber of Waking).

This is how i think the connection works, based on what i know of the beginning, and the ending. But, obviously, I haven't played the game yet, so, i could be wrong.

Insomniac

Bronze Member
Awards
Sora had darkness in his heart...

He would have still been a Heartless if he did, he was only able to be a Humanoid Heart becuase of his purification. The purification cleansed his Heart of what little Darkness he had, also i'm sure that having the Light half of another person's Heart made the Darkness to Light ratio in his Heart even bigger.

B

brosandi

He would have still been a Heartless if he did, he was only able to be a Humanoid Heart becuase of his purification. The purification cleansed his Heart of what little Darkness he had, also i'm sure that having the Light half of another person's Heart made the Darkness to Light ratio in his Heart even bigger.
No. All that did was reverse the effect of transforming into a Heartless. Sora still has darkness in his heart. He always will.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
I think you have to be born with a Heart of Pure Light,

Terra claimed that the light in Cinderella's heart grew because she believed in dreams. Hence it is heavily implied that PoHness is a gained state, and the PoHs are not born with it.

becuase it would have meant that Sora is also a Prince of Heart or Being with a Heart of Pure Light because his Heart was purified.

Not purified per se. As a Heartless, Sora was a heart wrapped in darkness. Think of it like this: Sora's heart had light and darkness within it even as a Heartless, but because of the darkness enveloping it, it was a Heartless. All Kairi did was free the heart from this darkness. The heart is still intact as the light and darkness within it was not meddled with, only the darkness outside it.

Meh, Nomura ditched the whole "Princess of Hearts" thing after KH1.

And BBS too, you mean. But inorite? :\ A wasted but otherwise interesting concept. Although we still don't know whether BBS will explore it further or not.

Thing is, Ven couldn't truly exist without his darkness, which is why I think his process was different from PoHs

This basically. Ven's 'purity' was forced, while the PoHs were natural. Hence, I doubt they are the same type of 'being'.

Kentsu13

They're not the same person.

Ven was given a new heart, that was born at the same time as Sora's. However, since the darkness of Ven's heart was extracted and used to create Vanitas, Ven's heart was missing something.

Ven realizes this, and the voice in his Awakening replies with:

So, in order for Ven to have a healed heart, he connected it with Sora's heart.

So, Ven had made a connection with the boy, because his heart had not be enough on its own (what with his darkness, an important part of a heart, having left him). So, by connecting their two hearts, he was able to have a healed heart, that was essentially complete.

(This is just my thoughts, I don't know if this is how it really is)

But throughout the game, Ven's connection with Sora allows him to be an acting force and what not. Then, for whatever reason, he looses this connection (which is why he can't wake up) In the end, he asks Sora if he can join with his heart once more, and go back to sleep.

Sora says yes, and then Ven's broken heart connects with Sora's again, and through the two hearts, they have a healed one. However, instead of this healed heart residing in Ven like it had throughout the game, it instead went into Sora, and Ventus went back to sleep (aka the lifeless body in the Chamber of Waking).

This is how i think the connection works, based on what i know of the beginning, and the ending. But, obviously, I haven't played the game yet, so, i could be wrong.

wow i think u could be rite but does that mean van is still (slightly?) connected w/ ven during bbs bc he looks liek sora

Yezen

So wait Ven was given a new heart that was born at the same time as Sora's? I don't get that part. Where did the heart come from?

Did MX creat Vanitas from Ven before or after Ven's awakening?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Before, I'm pretty sure. Making his heart incomplete. He had to form a connection with Sora in order to have a full heart again, and not be all zombie-looking.

At least, that's what I got from it.

B

brosandi

He created Vanitas before, that's why he was leaving Ven there, because he was useless to him now and wouldn't wake up. That was when his heart connected to Sora's and re-awoke.

The born at the same time thing is confusing to me too, but something like that is said at the ending.

Eyphio

wow...
though not intened, it answered a lot of my questions...
so let me get this straight...
MX found Ven
MX takes away Ven's darkness and creates Vanitas
Ven's heart is incomplete, cant wake up
MX takes Ven to Destiny island
Ven connects his heart with Sora's, complete again
Ven woke up with a keyblade and a heart without darkness
events in BBS leading to defeating vanitas
the darkness that belongs to ven's heart is destroyed for good
ven connects his heart with sora again
ven's heart goes into sora

Wait a Second!!!
Does that mean
SORA HAD 2 HEARTS IN HIS BODY ALL THE TIME
AND 3 HEARTS DURING THE TIME WHEN KAIRI LEFT HER HEART INSIDE HIM

Now i get why Roxas is a speicial nobody...
not only sora became a human again shortly afterwards,
but ven's heart actually went to roxas, making roxas looks exactly like ven
so roxas is not actually a nobody if im right...
so roxas and ven can essentially be the same person...

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Roxas and Ven are the same person, in a sense. Though both were shaped by their circumstances, making them VERY different characters, IMO.

Seeing as Ventus will probably get his heart back in the right body in a future installment, it makes me wonder for Roxas. He'll probably get the short end of the stick and just cease to exist altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back