• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Post Xehanort Saga...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

IAMSORA

So Kingdom Hearts III has been understood to be the end of "Xehanort Saga". Nomura has basically said that kh will take a different direction after that. Except, every kingdom hearts game that we have played was part of this "saga". to us, kingdom hearts is the xehanort saga. So what is going to happen after the main plotline wraps up after kingdom hearts III? Is this going to become like final fantasy with a new storyline? will sora still be the main character? I dont like the idea of kingdom hearts just starting completely fresh.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Kingdom Hearts is Sora's story, so he will always be the main character. Maybe not always the main playable character, but his story is the game.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
I think we're speculating a little too far ahead here...
(KH3 is still a figment of our imaginations.)

Kingdomon

I think both the saga and the series should end in KHIII.
I don't know if it will work out with another villain... I mean, we are all used to Xehanort and even if it worked, it wouldn't be as good as the actual saga. And Nomura mindfucked us enough xD

IAMSORA

but that would be more of a disney game. I think a new character would make more sense than that, which i still think is a terrible idea. I haven't really liked not having a true sora game since 2005. sora is what makes the series work, his character has a presense even when he is not there, and i think that kingdom hearts has to focus a little less on the big picture of keyblade wielders, and focus more on sora's place in all of that in the matter of kingdom hearts 1.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
but that would be more of a disney game. I think a new character would make more sense than that, which i still think is a terrible idea. I haven't really liked not having a true sora game since 2005. sora is what makes the series work, his character has a presense even when he is not there, and i think that kingdom hearts has to focus a little less on the big picture of keyblade wielders, and focus more on sora's place in all of that in the matter of kingdom hearts 1.

Kingdom Hearts is a Disney game, though. I mean, it isn't made directly by Disney Interactive, but Disney owns the series and its characters.

I thought BBS was great without Sora having to be the main playable character.

And I just said, KH is Sora's story. :\ Everything in the series that has been mentioned has been essential to Sora's story.

I think both the saga and the series should end in KHIII.
I don't know if it will work out with another villain... I mean, we are all used to Xehanort and even if it worked, it wouldn't be as good as the actual saga. And Nomura mindbonked us enough xD

Exhibit 1: Marluxia

I think we're speculating a little too far ahead here...
(KH3 is still a figment of our imaginations.)

Seta-chaaaaan~ Nomura said in an interview like a few months ago that KH3 would be the last game in the Xehanort Saga! lol.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
Seta-chaaaaan~ Nomura said in an interview like a few months ago that KH3 would be the last game in the Xehanort Saga! lol.

Well you know what I mean. It's nothing more than an idea at this point, but people are speculating beyond it already. xD

LegendaryHeroLCB

Website
www.google.com
Just thinking about from the timeline alone, they've answered pretty much all of the possible questions we had about things like Roxas' true background, Xemnas' means as to why he looks like Terra and blah blah blah. So, when Kingdom Hearts III comes out (if it does hurhur [= w =]) then the series would pretty much be over and there would be no real need for Kingdom Hearts. It can't really pull off the same thing as the Final Fantasy series because it's solely dependant on everything that Disney has made. If they did choose to start a new story, then they would either have to manage to combine another series of Disney characters to keep the feel of the game and appeal to younger audiences or just create a new storyline that would completely deviate from using Disney characters (because then the game would get fairly boring if they kept the same classic Disney characters like Mickey, Beast, etc.) at the risk of a severe backlash.

Kingdomon

Yes, Marluxia was great but he was 'connected' to Xehanort somehow.
He was part of the organization, wich was "owned" by Xemnas, MX's nobody, so Marluxia was kind of essential for the C-O plan to work out...But it didn't.

With MX being most likely destroyed in KHIII because it would be the end of the saga, I don't think there will be another villain as good as him...

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
He was part of the organization, wich was "owned" by Xemnas, MX's nobody, so Marluxia was kind of essential for the C-O plan to work out...But it didn't.

With MX being most likely destroyed in KHIII because it would be the end of the saga, I don't think there will be another villain as good as him...

Just because the Xehanort Saga would be over doesn't mean we couldn't have a character that was somehow related to Xehanort in some form as a villain.

Marluxia was a giant back-stabber and was going to take the Organization from Xemnas. He was hardly essential, and was sent there to be killed.

You only think there can't because we've only ever had Xehanort as the main threat.

Unumus

Awards

I feel the same way. There will never be a villain that was as dastardly and had everything planned out as Xehanort. Maybe MF is the new antagonist?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I feel the same way. There will never be a villain that was as dastardly and had everything planned out as Xehanort. Maybe MF is the new antagonist?

We don't even know what MF is, but I'm sure he is not the next antagonist in the KH series.

Just thinking about from the timeline alone, they've answered pretty much all of the possible questions we had about things like Roxas' true background, Xemnas' means as to why he looks like Terra and blah blah blah.

And yet Nomura is known to add something to a game that leaves it open for another installment.

So, when Kingdom Hearts III comes out (if it does hurhur [= w =]) then the series would pretty much be over and there would be no real need for Kingdom Hearts.

We don't know that.

It can't really pull off the same thing as the Final Fantasy series because it's solely dependant on everything that Disney has made.

It won't do what FF has done, though. Mostly every installment of FF takes place in another universe.

If they did choose to start a new story, then they would either have to manage to combine another series of Disney characters to keep the feel of the game and appeal to younger audiences or just create a new storyline that would completely deviate from using Disney characters (because then the game would get fairly boring if they kept the same classic Disney characters like Mickey, Beast, etc.) at the risk of a severe backlash.

Which I find, with the proper cooperation between Disney and Square Enix, would be possible if they ever decided to make a new story...which they won't.

KH is Sora's story. Even if Nomura decides to add some kind of alternate universe element to KH (which I don't think he will), it would still be about Sora.

That said, whatever the next "saga" is in the series, it would continue on the timeline we are currently in. It would just add a new conflict, and I'm sure it won't run as long as the Xehanort Saga has.

khnerdXIII

Don't get me wrong, KH is the best saga I've ever played. But I kinda hope it doesn't go past the Xehanort Saga. I really don't want it to turn into another Final Fantasy. I like Final Fantasy and all, but there are so... many... I think, after KHIII, Kingdom Hearts will be fine where it is. If they manage to pull off a genuinely successful and enjoyable continuation, though, I'll be elated.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Since Xehanort was a villain who was seeking great power, I suspect the main villain of the next saga will be someone who already has a great power but desires more than that.

Zul

Awards
I imagine a good route to go would be a light-oriented villain. If CoM and beyond was meant to show that darkness and light are not equivalent to evil and good, respectively, then an evil character associated with light would fit right in.

So far, I think the strongest argument for "evil light" has been Eraqus's actions against Ven.

And this thread is not speculating too far, I already have a theory that Final Fantasy 25's final boss will be a massive orgy of blitzballs.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I imagine a good route to go would be a light-oriented villain. If CoM and beyond was meant to show that darkness and light are not equivalent to evil and good, respectively, then an evil character associated with light would fit right in.

So far, I think the strongest argument for "evil light" has been Eraqus's actions against Ven.

Yeah we need to see the evil side of light for sure. I just want them to pull it off well.

Kingdomon

Which is a really difficult task to do. If they can pull it off though then that would be awesome.

Personally i would go with a new character. Not an existing...
The problem is the whole story of Kingdom Hearts 'run around' Sora, so there wouldn't be a new main character, i guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back