• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Please Help Me Dodge The Draft!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadlock

Website
www.myspace.com
Not a real draft of course, but I still need your help! Every year, Juniors in my high school have to do a "pretend" draft, to get something of a hands-on learning experience about what drafted soldiers to Vietnam had to go through. The basis is that if your number is called (about 9.5/10 of the Junior class does..), you have to write a monster of a research paper, or come up with an excuse to not "join" the military. Simply put, I need some good excuses to get me out of being drafted; ways that real drafted men escaped being drafted to Vietnam. They have to be "legal" of course, and can't be anything drastic like moving out of the country (obviously). Some ideas:

- Pretend to be deaf, ignore the teacher in class, have a good laugh. Downside: Apparantly it's been tried before, only to result in teachers yelling into your ears to test your "deafness"

- Have braces. It's true! Apparantly, if you had braces, you were a no-go for the military. This would be a perfect excuse for me ( yeah, still wearing braces Junior year.. sucks hard), but all I'd need is some hard evidence to support it. Research?

I understand this is something WAY out of the way, so if anyone attempts to help, I'd be happy to contribute to their reputation, etc!! Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me out!!!! ^^

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Daylight Savings time. o_o Honest. I did research on DST last year and came across this site:

Daylight Saving Time - Incidents and Anecdotes

Go to "Incidents and Anecdotes". The first one should explain it all. It's a little confusing, but he sure didn't get drafted.

Or eyesight. My dad wasn't allowed in because of his eyesight...though it may just be the Air Force that's really strict like that.

Last edited:

Shadukai X

Banned
Or eyesight. My dad wasn't allowed in because of his eyesight...though it may just be the Air Force that's really strict like that.

With all due respect, I'm sure the Air Force doesn't want anyone with vision problems flying a 2 million dollar plane.

I say that you try going for the homosexual gig. It'd get you out of it, but your reputation would not look good, lol.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
With all due respect, I'm sure the Air Force doesn't want anyone with vision problems flying a 2 million dollar plane.

Totally agreed, I don't want to them to be in that plane even if they have a very very small problem with vision. It's just that I know you can't get into anything in the AirForce at all if you have bad eyesight. I'm not sure on the other sections though. I'm pretty sure you have to be in good health, but I don't htink they're as strict as the AirForce. That was my point, was that I don't know the rules on the other sections. x-x

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Just go on a rampage and kill everyone in class. Oh wait too soon to joke about that maybe. Ok i dont think the braces thing works but try the religious thing that is a apretty good excuse

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.
[url=http://sss.gov said:
Selective Service System: Welcome[/url] ]"Before Congress reformed the draft in 1971, a man could qualify for a student deferment if he could show he was a full-time student making satisfactory progress in virtually any field of study. He could continue to go to school and be deferred from service until he was too old to be drafted. Under the new draft law, a college student could have his induction postponed only until the end of the current semester. A senior could be postponed until the end of the full academic year. "

So, if you happen to be taking Colledge classes while during school, your in luck.
As I'm quite sure the whole 'project' would be over in less than a Semester.

Another way to dodge the draft?

Enlist! (Seriously.)
(The draft isn't applicable, if you are enlisted.)

First you must 'volunteer' or Enlist in the military.

Then just 'show some nipple'. You would get an automatic discharge for 'indecent conduct'.

Don't believe me?

Here:

[url=http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/cpquery/?&sid=cp109t64JM&refer=&r_n=hr360.109&db_id=109&item=&sel=TOC_541065& said:
Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)[/url] ]
`(k) Indecent Act- Any person subject to this chapter who engages in indecent conduct is guilty of an indecent act and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

`(l) Forcible Pandering- Any person subject to this chapter who compels another person to engage in an act of prostitution with another person to be directed to said person is guilty of forcible pandering and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

`(m) Wrongful Sexual Contact- Any person subject to this chapter who, without legal justification or lawful authorization, engages in sexual contact with another person without that other person's permission is guilty of wrongful sexual contact and shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.

`(n) Indecent Exposure- Any person subject to this chapter who intentionally exposes, in an indecent manner, in any place where the conduct involved may reasonably be expected to be viewed by people other than members of the actor's family or household, the genitalia, anus, buttocks, or female areola or nipple is guilty of indecent exposure and shall by punished as a court-martial may direct.

That's the military laws for 'codes of conduct'.
Your status as a draftee would in be 'void', because you volunteered to enlist.
You would be 'discharged' for the above mentioned reasons..

Booyah.

~~Azurith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back