• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Place your bets (Part 1)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you think there will be any kind of news on the 21st anniversary?

• Yes

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'd like there to be some news, for sure. I think any fan would want news, and if there's anything related to the games then I imagine it would be around Missing-Link, but I'm tired of trying to get excited for events and anniversaries and then being disappointed so I'll say no to the poll.

The anniversaries have been pretty lacklustre usually, even last years when we all had to wait an extra two weeks to celebrate it so, to me, in terms of the "actual" anniversary, there was nothing.

While we all want to see and hear information for KH4, I'm thinking that it might be kept for that rumoured Sony show that's suppose to happen in a couple of months, but I'm not holding my breath for anything KH4 related next week.

During the latest episode of the Game Mess Decides podcast, Grubb says that the recent State of Play was never going to be a massive showing from Sony. Instead, he claims, the company has been waiting on a different showing to get fans excited.

“They’re [Sony] saving their good stuff for the PlayStation Showcase that’s going to happen before E3,” Grubb says around the 32:00 mark of the video below. “It was supposed to happen last fall; they kept pushing back because their developers weren’t ready.

“Now that those developers are ready, they should have a massive show that really sets up the second phase of the PlayStation 5.”

Last edited:

the red monster

Awards
I'd like there to be some news, for sure. I think any fan would want news, and if there's anything related to the games then I imagine it would be around Missing-Link, but I'm tired of trying to get excited for events and anniversaries and then being disappointed so I'll say no to the poll.

The anniversaries have been pretty lacklustre usually, even last years when we all had to wait an extra two weeks to celebrate it so, to me, in terms of the "actual" anniversary, there was nothing.

While we all want to see and hear information for KH4, I'm thinking that it might be kept for that rumoured Sony show that's suppose to happen in a couple of months, but I'm not holding my breath for anything KH4 related next week.
doubt sony's show will have anything more then XVI final trailer and MAYBE 7R rebirth.

as for the anniversary, maybe missing link open beta announcement, hopefully..

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
doubt sony's show will have anything more then XVI final trailer and MAYBE 7R rebirth.
I do agree that it would have FFXVI but, and maybe I'm falling into the same trappings I mentioned before that always leave me disappointed, a big showcase should have more from Square Enix than just XVI.

At the moment neither KH4 or Dragon Quest 12 have platforms announced so if Square wanted to have their three flagship IPs behind Sony, especially after previously inking several PS5 deals, this'd be the event for it. Same would go for the Xbox showcase if Xbox put their support behind Square Enix games.

The last showcase of a big scale was the one in 2020 which had announcements of Spider-Man Miles Morales, FFXVI, God of War Ragnarok, Hogwarts Legacy, and the PS5 release date.

If Sony want to go big they've got Spider-Man 2 (releasing between September - December this year), FFXVI, and whatever unannounced games from their first party studios already, but I could see Square Enix flexing their three strongest IPs in one go especially after several smaller games struggled with lacklustre marketing, Avengers shutting down, and the unfortunate result of Forspoken's release (It's actually a good game!) to show investors that there's nothing to worry about, they've got financially strong projects in the pipeline that are coming soon.

And from what I can see they have no dates for anything after FFXVI. I get putting your marketing on the most immediate thing but there needs to be something for after it and the only thing on the Square game list with a rough time frame is FFVIIR and the rest is TBA. In my eyes, announcements need to happen.

But I'm often wrong about these kinds of things, and I'll be wrong about all this too. It'd be nice to be wrong about nothing for the anniversary either. Is it time for the Sora amiibo to be announced? /s

Edit:

Wonder if Nomura will reveal whatever this was during an anniversary message?

Last edited:

the red monster

Awards
I do agree that it would have FFXVI but, and maybe I'm falling into the same trappings I mentioned before that always leave me disappointed, a big showcase should have more from Square Enix than just XVI.

At the moment neither KH4 or Dragon Quest 12 have platforms announced so if Square wanted to have their three flagship IPs behind Sony, especially after previously inking several PS5 deals, this'd be the event for it. Same would go for the Xbox showcase if Xbox put their support behind Square Enix games.

The last showcase of a big scale was the one in 2020 which had announcements of Spider-Man Miles Morales, FFXVI, God of War Ragnarok, Hogwarts Legacy, and the PS5 release date.

If Sony want to go big they've got Spider-Man 2 (releasing between September - December this year), FFXVI, and whatever unannounced games from their first party studios already, but I could see Square Enix flexing their three strongest IPs in one go especially after several smaller games struggled with lacklustre marketing, Avengers shutting down, and the unfortunate result of Forspoken's release (It's actually a good game!) to show investors that there's nothing to worry about, they've got financially strong projects in the pipeline that are coming soon.

And from what I can see they have no dates for anything after FFXVI. I get putting your marketing on the most immediate thing but there needs to be something for after it and the only thing on the Square game list with a rough time frame is FFVIIR and the rest is TBA. In my eyes, announcements need to happen.

But I'm often wrong about these kinds of things, and I'll be wrong about all this too. It'd be nice to be wrong about nothing for the anniversary either. Is it time for the Sora amiibo to be announced? /s

Edit:

Wonder if Nomura will reveal whatever this was during an anniversary message?
maybe disney were a pain in the ass again and restrictive as usual?
just hope it's not something major that could effect the development time

Liodin

Awards
I feel this is good news, and from certain moves at Square Enix and Disney since the anniversary, I think this may mean that they have decided to go all in and make Kingdom Hearts a much bigger IP both at SE, with more and bigger games, and at Disney, accepting the franchise as part of their catalog and creating content.

According to some, what Nomura says happened in October, and you know what happened that month related to KH?

The Lost Kingdom Hearts Pilot Animatic

NoWay

Awards
No more mobile games and ML is coming to consoles?🫶

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Didn't the hack/Nvidia leak happen in october too? So could of been that.
Did that leak reveal anything beyond KH4 getting a PC release? That's not something I would see as "determining the series future", no reason for Square to change anything at least as far as the KH series is concerned over that leak.

Another possibility could concern Square's recent reports that Matsuda is stepping down & that their smaller budget releases have underpreformed. Sure this news may have been more recent, but the company could've been discussing this internally for longer than that. Like granted they haven't really been doing much in the way of non-mobile side games since DDD, but if S-E is straight up killing the possibility of future B-tier titles, that is something that "determines the future".

Last edited:

the red monster

Awards
Did that leak reveal anything beyond KH4 getting a PC release? That's not something I would see as "determining the series future", no reason for Square to change anything at least as far as the KH series is concerned over that leak.
UX remake.
but who knows if they got confused with missing link

Awards
Well since the anniversary has come and gone (in Japan) without any announcements, it's safe to say that we'll have to wait a bit longer for news. This thread can officially be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back