• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Personal Website / Portfolio

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subtly Inspiring
Hey all, it's been a long time! I haven't posted on these forums for a while, regularly or otherwise, for quite a while. I've been posting in DM even less so, at least compared to my sparce activity in TM. However, I've been doing quite a lot lately and have put together a website to showcase the work I've done over the past few years and would appreciate it if you took a look! Disclaimer time first, though. I didn't actively code or build the website-- it's based off of an HTML5 theme editor through Wix, and cosmetic changes made by me are rudimentary at best. There is also a shop, which is what I'm very proud to have set up after all these years, where I'm selling shirts with designs I've done. There is currently only one for sale, but hopefully if it goes well I can start printing more!

screenshot6lc.png

screenshot7h.png

screenshot8id.png

screenshot9kh.png

screenshot10sp.png

and of course, the actual link to the website so that you can check it out yourself!

and a link to the Facebook page so I can try to keep letting you all know about any updates!
Thank you all for your time, and I hope you can enjoy some of the work :)

Last edited:

Pablo

rocket sloth
Awards
Website
prodimator.tumblr.com
As I am not a huge know-it-all with typography, I feel like the font of the text for the menu bars does not really fit the theme of the layout. I'd probably go with something a bit less...harsh? More simple I guess. I dunno. As for the actual site though, I love it. The scrolling between pages is great and the overall appearance of the site is really nice.

I'm excited to see more stuff go up there because, as always, I think your stuff is fabulous.

Also, this may just be from the code (or my slow as fuck laptop), but the vertical scrolling seems very laggy and jagged.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
A lot of space between the footer and content. I think some of that can be taken out. Other than that it's nice, your work complements the template well.

Also I'm getting some errors involving the shopping cart and social media up on the top. Don't know if this is because it's still unfinished or not, just thought I'd point that out.

EDIT: nevermind the error is just with the shopping cart.

Subtly Inspiring
What kinds of errors are you having with the shopping cart? Is it with the Shop page or the actual cart?

Thanks for the feedback! I've been using the site on two different laptops and a macbook to make sure all the bugs are cleaned out, but they're all fairly new so I haven't been able to make sure it works smoothly on older rigs. Anything you can tell me to let me get it working as zippy as possible is appreciated! :)

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Actually it's fine now, must have just been a hiccup in the code ;p

Before instead of the shopping cart icon being there it was just "an error occurred." Same with the actual shopping cart page too.

Subtly Inspiring
Dang. Is it every time you refresh, or does it fix itself? I can't get the same thing to happen on my end so it's driving me crazy trying to figure it out.

Pablo

rocket sloth
Awards
Website
prodimator.tumblr.com
It just keeps popping up randomly. The error will be there, I refresh, it goes away, I refresh again, and it comes back.

C4strife

Gee Gee Gee Gee Gee
Awards
Website
www.boajjang.com
I'm probably the only one that uses Opera here, but the black bar for the menu is higher than the text on the browser. The menu bar lines are also really long.
The cart seems to work fine for me, but the preview in the shop doesn't work. It's just a horizontal line.
Once again it's probably just my browser.

Design wise. I like the look of it. I agree with Pablo with the menu typo. I think a sans serif font would be better.
I also agree with Ajaxx in that there's a lot of space between footer and content.
Anyways I really like the photos you have on your website.

Subtly Inspiring
I'm probably the only one that uses Opera here, but the black bar for the menu is higher than the text on the browser. The menu bar lines are also really long.
The cart seems to work fine for me, but the preview in the shop doesn't work. It's just a horizontal line.
Once again it's probably just my browser.

Design wise. I like the look of it. I agree with Pablo with the menu typo. I think a sans serif font would be better.
I also agree with Ajaxx in that there's a lot of space between footer and content.
Anyways I really like the photos you have on your website.

I've gone looking at HTML5 on Opera as far as actually downloading it, and it seems like it's not fully supported. Honest, I made sure it worked on Firefox/Chrome/IE but forgot that Opera is even a thing that exists :x

RAY I MISS YOU

Oh hey!

and for anybody still reading this, I've gone ahead and dropped the size between the header and the content! :)
and also I made a Facebook for it so please like it so I can keep everyone up to date with things

inasuma

i'm gonna be
Awards
A few technical things that you could consider revising:
- Have the footer snap to the bottom of viewers web browser. This way you eliminate scrolling on the home page and it's a fluid experience.
- A lot of your "design" is actually illustration, but I guess it can be argued.

We discussed this in junes but I like the natural approach to your portfolio site. There's way too many portfolio sites out there with so many graphic-heavy elements its just clustered and ugly.

Also, I like the sans serif typo on the home page. It stands apart from everything without doing it overtly so. A drop shadow may not be a bad idea, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back