• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

PC Gaming

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
Okay. I'm gonna start playing PC games. Any tips on games?

Plus, if a game says it's, for example, available on Windows Me and Windows XP, can I still play it on Windows Vista?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Welcome to Steam

Go nuts.

But seriously, just check wherever you usually go to find info on games. It's not particularly hard to find info on PC games. First games that come to mind are Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, because I was finally able to play them recently; but there are tons of quality PC games if you just look.

Also, you'll occasionally run into compatibility problems, but usually anything that works for XP will for Vista.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
Welcome to Steam

Go nuts.

But seriously, just check wherever you usually go to find info on games. It's not particularly hard to find info on PC games. First games that come to mind are Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, because I was finally able to play them recently; but there are tons of quality PC games if you just look.

Also, you'll occasionally run into compatibility problems, but usually anything that works for XP will for Vista.

Thanks, man! And, is steam a means for online play for PC games, or an "amazon" type protal to buy games, or to buy them digitally. I tried clicking "about" on the website, but it just asked if I wanted to install.

Darkwing_Duck

If you want to try some old classics, take a look at Good old Games:
GOG.com

There are some very good games for download, I personally recommend Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate, Arcanum and Gothic. Very good WRPGs IMO. It's at a price though, like Steam, but usually the price isn't that bad considering most games are pretty rare to find as a physical copy.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Thanks, man! And, is steam a means for online play for PC games, or an "amazon" type protal to buy games, or to buy them digitally. I tried clicking "about" on the website, but it just asked if I wanted to install.

Steam is easily the best example of digital distribution for video games. You can by the actual hard, disc copies at local retailers (best buy, gamestop, amazon, etc.). but Steam is a site where you can purchase games and download them directly to your computer after purchase. You download the Steam program, set up a free account, and then any purchases you make will be forever linked to that account, so you can download them to any computer that you use.

E.J.

~yaranaika
Awards
Before any of this, if you're computer isn't 4.00 GHz or higher or a dual core with 2.00 GHz or higher, you're not going to be able to run shit. And if you can, enjoy your lag.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
i dont really pc game :/ ( my laptop would suck a running them anyways, and im never really home that long to play on my desktop. i'd much rather play on a console anyways. ) though i do play emus on my laptop every once and a while. i like using my wiimote a my controller via bluetooth =)

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
pc gaming is really cool if you like civilization, relic games, or first-person shooters

good luck finding anything else relatively recent worth playing except maybe diablo 3 pending

D

Deleted member 36435

I ordered a super awesome PC
but all the parts were like DOA
so I had to send them back
I am getting them back in a few weeks

HD 5850
8 Gigs of DDR3 RAM
1tb hard drive
700w PSU (going to xfire shaddup)
Some middle tier Thermaltake case
AMD Phenom II x4 955

I can't wait to actual play on it.
pc gaming is really cool if you like civilization, relic games, or first-person shooters
My favorite genre and developers. Cool.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Fable III's being released early January for the PC Version - 360 gets released October 26th. I think there might be cross-platform capability between the two, not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back