• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Origin of Keyblades

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tervenaq

Do you all think that we will get to find out where the Keyblades originate from? Like where it got its start? I mean back when the world was all light, was there truly a need for a Keyblade? Since the Keyblade was a weapon of light used to fight darkness, im sure it wasnt needed.

Gabo

The boy who blocked his own shot
Do you all think that we will get to find out where the Keyblades originate from? Like where it got its start? I mean back when the world was all light, was there truly a need for a Keyblade? Since the Keyblade was a weapon of light used to fight darkness, im sure it wasnt needed.

I think eventually we'll find out its origins.
Hopefully in BBS, but who knows.

The world was all light?
You mean in that fairy tale?

I don't think it was ever ALL light.
There can't be light without darkness. I think it'd be more accurate to say when it was balanced.

Don't get confused and think light = good, dark = bad

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I assume you're talking about BBS.

Well, if they have no need for them, they exist all the same. You're referencing Kairi's grandmother's fairy tale I believe. Keep in mind it's just that. It doesn't accurately represent history. And well, not all keyblades are of light.

Gabo

We can't be sure for now, but here's something to tide you over until we do learn.
Kingdom Hearts III: Origin of the Keyblade, a Kingdom Hearts fanfic - FanFiction.Net

Thats a fan fic...I think he wanted facts. xD

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards

Maybe the first Keyblade was one of darkness to overrule light... I mean in sunset horizons theres that one quote about "Some say it brought peace to the world, while the others says it brought evil and chaos to the world" I'm really sorry, I know that is wrong. I hope everyone knows what I'm talking about... If not I suppose I could venture to youtube for a sec and fix it X)

Gabo

Maybe the first Keyblade was one of darkness to overrule light... I mean in sunset horizons theres that one quote about "Some say it brought peace to the world, while the others says it brought evil and chaos to the world" I'm really sorry, I know that is wrong. I hope everyone knows what I'm talking about... If not I suppose I could venture to youtube for a sec and fix it X)

=\
Dark isn't evil.
Light isn't good.
They're neither..

Keyblades come from both realms, but they aren't attributed to light or dark.

M

Marluxia.light

We should know why the keyblades are here. Since one causes destruction and the other brings peace.(something like that)

Gabo

We should know why the keyblades are here. Since one causes destruction and the other brings peace.(something like that)

“The Keyblade is said to hold phenomenal power. One legend says its wielder saved the world, while another says that he wrought chaos and ruin upon it.” - Ansem Report

Thats the quote you're looking for I believe.
Its the actions of the holder, not really the keyblade itself.

Tervenaq

Ah, you bring up an interesting point. Perhaps since there are multiple Keyblades, and since the Keyblades seem to be ancient, it is only natural that legends about them would mix up. Maybe when Ansem says "One says it brought peace to the world, while others say it wrought chaos and evil upon" he is reffering to the Keyblade War. Wars are a subjective thing, some see it as evil, while others think the effects of war save lives. But then again, I doubt that. Ansem probably wasnt referring to it. But, it still stands, I believe that Legends about multiple Keyblades, (Bad ones and good ones) were mixed, causing there to be a belief there was only one.

M

Marluxia.light

“The Keyblade is said to hold phenomenal power. One legend says its wielder saved the world, while another says that he wrought chaos and ruin upon it.” - Ansem Report

Thats the quote you're looking for I believe.
Its the actions of the holder, not really the keyblade itself.

That's it, yeah. I was trying to just a statement since it was already confirmed.....

Bliip

Should change his username D:<
i think that, in the beginning there was a person with a heart so strong, he could create weapons. so he sacrificed himself to create two keyblades: Oblivion and Oathkeeper. then they spawned many many many many many baby keychains!

The End!
:toungesmile:

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
=\
Dark isn't evil.
Light isn't good.
They're neither..

Keyblades come from both realms, but they aren't attributed to light or dark.

Dark doesn't have to be evil, but it usually ends up being that way, especially how it was described to Kairi by her Grandmother. Darkness can swallow up a person's heart, but light doesn't. It's confusing, and it seems to contradict itself a lot:unsure:

Tervenaq

so it depends on the wielder and if its good or evil?

Yes...but to an extent. Sora could go on a rampage and start working for darkness, but I think the Keyblade would go find another wielder. But then again, Riku when he was in his right mind, stole the Keyblade from Sora... Nevertheless, The Soul Eater that Riku had while possessed by Ansem, that is a prime example of Wielder choice. Riku used it to reveal the Keyhole and a portal to darkness, while Sora used it to restore the hearts to the Princesses. Now, certain Keyblades are different. I think that the ones that take the place of grass in Sunset Horizons are just metal sticks. Good for beating people to a bloody pulp. Anyone can use them. But, like I said before, Sora's cant be used that way. Way to the Dawn is complicated. It is both Light and Dark, and is used by a redeemed person. So, if he went evil, who knows, he might still be able to use it. But ultimately, yes, Wielders decide.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Dark doesn't have to be evil, but it usually ends up being that way, especially how it was described to Kairi by her Grandmother. Darkness can swallow up a person's heart, but light doesn't. It's confusing, and it seems to contradict itself a lot:unsure:

Darkness is usually associated with evil in Kingdom Hearts because of the fact that it grants power quickly, and attracts megalomaniacs and the like.
With light, you have to learn to walk before you run, and crawl before you walk.

so it depends on the wielder and if its good or evil?

Not so much whether they are good or evil, but whether their heart is strong enough.

Gabo

And light can blind a person.
~Points at COM's Zexion-Riku scene~

Yes...but to an extent. Sora could go on a rampage and start working for darkness, but I think the Keyblade would go find another wielder. But then again, Riku when he was in his right mind, stole the Keyblade from Sora... Nevertheless, The Soul Eater that Riku had while possessed by Ansem, that is a prime example of Wielder choice. Riku used it to reveal the Keyhole and a portal to darkness, while Sora used it to restore the hearts to the Princesses. Now, certain Keyblades are different. I think that the ones that take the place of grass in Sunset Horizons are just metal sticks. Good for beating people to a bloody pulp. Anyone can use them. But, like I said before, Sora's cant be used that way. Way to the Dawn is complicated. It is both Light and Dark, and is used by a redeemed person. So, if he went evil, who knows, he might still be able to use it. But ultimately, yes, Wielders decide.

They keyblade would stay with Sora as long as his heart stays strong.

Soul Eater isn't a keyblade. You mean the heart unlocker.
Revealed a keyhole?
They created that one.

Whether or not those keyblades can be wielded by normal people is beyond me. You really can't say that anyone can use them.
We don't even really know if anyone else can get to that world, or has been there.
There weren't any signs of life there really.

Darkness is usually associated with evil in Kingdom Hearts because of the fact that it grants power quickly, and attracts megalomaniacs and the like.
With light, you have to learn to walk before you run, and crawl before you walk.

Not so much whether they are good or evil, but whether their heart is strong enough.

Darkness easier to wield, yes. I agree with you there.
The whole point of Riku's storyline though is to show us darkness isn't evil. =\
Mickey's little thing at the end of KH2 was another thing that shows that.

Tervenaq

Oh yeah you are right, they created that one. Soul Eater is just a sword. The Heart unlocker is what was created from the Princesses heart.

Yet, it doesnt seem fair that you can have a strong heart, turn to evil, and still bear a Keyblade. It's not right my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back