• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Order Member Names

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeal

Website
www.stud.uni-giessen.de
This excerpt is from a interview of KH: CoM Ultimania with Tetsuya Nomura as can be read in full on KHU:

About the Org. members' names, they all seem to have an 'x' in them when translated into english.
Although it gives them an otherworldly sound, in their case there is another trick behind the choice of their names. It's just that, with the members that appeared this time, it is difficult to figure this out. I'm planning on making characters appear in KH2 with names that will make you got "Aaaaah. I got it."

Even though we absolutely have no idea what the meaning behind their names is I thought it would be kind of interesting to speculate about it. All the Organisation names I know of so far are:

Axel, Vexen, Lexaeus, Zexion, Marluxia, Larxene, Demyx, Xaldin and Ruxudo

\\edited: thx coolazice7, The_Superior2345

Last edited:

coolazice7

^you mean Axel?^

wow, i've never seen that interview... that is interesting, i wonder what the meaning is...

Marluxia Diablos

There was a thread on this a LONG time ago, and yes all of the Names have x's in them. Big whup. And it is supposed to be Luxord. Ls and Rs get mixed up in translation lots of the time though.

Zeal

Website
www.stud.uni-giessen.de
ohh, I thought this would turn out to be an interesting discussion, but noone seems to have theories. So I will do something really provokative and post a picture.

See the similarities? A(ri/x)el, (X)al(a)din, (Hercu)le(xaeu)s

hihi, I know you will hate me for that!

louis

Zeal said:
ohh, I thought this would turn out to be an interesting discussion, but noone seems to have theories. So I will do something really provokative and post a picture.

See the similarities? A(ri/x)el, (X)al(a)din, (Hercu)le(xaeu)s

hihi, I know you will hate me for that!

You could be on to something zeal nice job:D . can you do one for all the org members so far

KB

Stay gold. Bang.
i remember someone posting their theory that it was the order of the "x"s in their name or something like that that showed the importance of their names???

louis

KeyBreaker said:
i remember someone posting their theory that it was the order of the "x"s in their name or something like that that showed the importance of their names???

that can't be right because that would mean Vexen, Lexaeus, Zexion would be the 3rd in command

Einon SAMA

Pillow Talk
Awards
For some reason I cant post it on here, but I put all the Organization member that I know in order and lined up all the X's and other letters. The only thing that I could see was "NEO" Going down from Vexen to Zexion... Please Help if you want.

DrkNessOfHeart

Website
khrulez024.proboards50.com
real nice zeal good job lol i woulve never thought of that....and there was another thread that said the x's in their names meant that they were nobodies....i 4 got exactly wat they said but it made sense....
and the orgs r the shells of the characters??
how come axel is fire and aeriel well is water?? lol

Zeal

Website
www.stud.uni-giessen.de
I don't know if they are the shells of those characters, but perhaps this is the reason why Ariel is water and Axel fire because they are opposite sites of a character, and together they cancel each other. You know just like this twilight thing.

Zeal

Website
www.stud.uni-giessen.de
to further investigate the meaning of the order member names, I think it might be necessary to know their original spelling, since everybody seems to write them as they like.

I couldn't find any more member names yet. I would recommend to write them down using the Hepburn system (anyone who can read katagana should know what I mean):

Luxord: ru ku so - do
Xaldin: za ru di n
Larxene: ra ku so - ne
Lexeaus: re ku se u su
Marluxia: ma - ru - sya
Vexen: vi ku se n
Axel: a ku se ru
Demyx: de mi kk su
Zexion: ?

Last edited:

KrytenKoro

Bronze Member
It's not that r's and l's get mixed up, it's that l does not exist in japanese, so translators ahve to guess which would sound better.

Za ru di n
Vi ku se n
Re ku se u su
Ze ku shi o n
A ku se ru
De mi k ku su
Ru ku so - do
Ma - ru - sha (no actual x here)
Ra ku shi - n

Mi k ki -
So ra
Ri ku

The EM's name is translated as "Man of Enigmas"

Last edited:

helios

Bronze Member
Okay i was lost at first but know i understand it and why is there no i in japanese.:confused:

KrytenKoro

Bronze Member
The letters ra, ri, ru, re, and ro in Japanese sound somewhat like a rolled r in English or Spanish, somewhere between l, r, and d. Since Japanese does not have letters for la, li, lu, le, and lo, they use the r sounds instead. This is also similar to the problem they have with v and f (they have trouble pronouncing them since they have never needed to). In these situations, they use the ba, bi, bu, be bo (or just a, i, u, e, o) and the ha, hi, hu, he ho.
Technically, its Mt. Huji, not Mt. Fuji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back