• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► One Shot Entry: Empty

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Okay. Fic challenge. Ms. GuardianofHearts ((A.K.A.: GOHZERINODINO!!oneronoenonere!)) has challenged me. =D It's about our two characters meeting each othah! =D After a long time. Ummm… No Intense Gore. I gotta say that. For… Tax purposes. <.< >.>; But I don't think there is any. XP Go figure. I wanna write something gory after I post this. >.>;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

His crystal, golden eyes opened. Glassy lanterns that peered through the dark sky, watching the waves that slowly crashed onto the shore. The boy was lying on the ebony sand that covered the beach. Kingdom Hearts. His arm stretched out, running over the soft, porous sand. His dark, clawed hand met the surface, smoothing it over as he thought. There was a vague wind about the place, softly humming as it tossed his ebony locks slightly. However, the wind was not what Hollow was listening to.

She's coming, he thought to himself. He knew she was probably just a few yards away. Sitting up, he shook the sand from his hair, letting a dark, sandy haze fall from his midnight tresses. Pulling his light jacket over his sleeveless shirt, he rubbed his golden eyes, tired. He'd been napping. It was true. What was there to do in this dreary place other than sleep? He had the Heartless. But he hadn't felt like talking to them. They were worried that she would kill their master. To see their nervous faces hurt him. He stared out into the water, wrapping his arms around his knees and burying his feet in the sand.

Then, she was there. Standing before him. The Heartless analyzed her, watching her for some sign of emotion. They got it. Apparently, the closest Shadows told him, she had hesitated. She was nervous, then? Was she going to speak? Sure enough, the Heartless told him in silky voices that dwelled inside his mind that she opened her mouth. He sighed, eyelids coming down about half way. He spoke before she could.

“I know why you’re here.”

This would come as a shock to her. He knew what she was prepared for. She was prepared for a question, a “Why are you here?” She was ready for a “What do you want from me?” Well, Hollow knew what she was here for, and he didn’t want to waste time. Maybe he loved her once, but he would never do it again. No one was allowed to be near his heart. Not even the girl he once cared for.

She gaped. Then she answered, “I guess you would.”

What was in that voice? Contempt, but it was forced. Why was she forcing herself to hate him? Hollow already knew. It was because she still loved him. He knew it, and she knew it. He wondered if she knew that he understood her. It didn’t matter. He wanted this to be over, so he could go back to nothingness.

“I told you already,” he explained calmly, “I tried to get the memories erased.”

“You couldn’t,” she said. She knew that, at least. “I’m a Heartless. You hear my thoughts, we can talk, but we don’t. I know you couldn’t get them erased. But you wanted to, and that’s what hurts, you bas-”

“-Stop.” Hollow stood, still not facing her. His feet were still in the sandy ground, black and clawed like his hands. She stared down at them. Had she never noticed before? That his feet were like his hands? What else didn’t she know about him? “The moon is full tonight.”

She stared at him angrily. Her eyes attacked him, piercing daggers in the night. She spat out, “So?”

Hollow finally faced her. She was taken aback by his expression. He was so sad looking. He wasn’t frowning, but his eyes held more sorrow than she could imagine. She didn’t have to. She remembered talking with him in the mornings, staring each other down, glaring and telling each other things about their lives. They told each other about the things that they hated. She knew of his pain, and she’d had her own. But he’d made it go away for her.

Had she made it rise for him?

“You don’t remember our last full moon?” Hollow inquired softly. Anger flew through her veins instantly. He saw right through her, and that was annoying. Instantly her blades were out. Something seemed to die in Hollow. He let out a sigh, as if he were speaking to a child, and the child had just scribbled on the wall with her crayons, though he’d warned her.

“Allecto, why does it always have to end in murder for you? You wanted love. You had it. But you lost it, and you don’t know why. Is that why you want to kill me now?” He looked genuinely confused, but she knew he was tricky. Was a tear forming at her eye?

Those crimson tears of blood that flowed through her occasionally. It happened more and more often now that Hollow had left. Why had he left? Was she not good enough for him? She wanted him to be cliché. She wanted him to run into her arms, let her drop the blades, and tell her that he was hers.

So that she could plunge a knife into his back. Allecto concentrated. She hated Hollow. He’d left. Seeing him again brought back the feelings of love that she couldn’t purge from herself, but she couldn’t get confused. She hated him more than she loved him. She had to.

“You hate me? Show me,” he demanded. His sword appeared in his hands, the Obsidian Flash. His weapon was a Soul Blade. A manifestation of the inner self that occurred only when one rejected the Keyblade. He hated the blade everyone else seemed to pray for, to embrace so willingly. Hollow knew that it was an illusion. The blade blinded you, and deep in their hearts, they knew it. This weapon was different. An ebony hilt of cold metal, a silver blade searing through that twisted guard. It spread, long and wide, to form an impossibly long, harsh sheet of metal. It was an adamant blade that never changed. And, as if that thick silver blade couldn’t kill you, two smaller, sharper obsidian swords joined, one on each side of the long, gray center. Bandages and chains were wrapped around the blade oddly, and a keychain? Hollow’s soul, apparently, thought not.

Allecto’s eyes narrowed, her fingers wrapping around her daggers. She brought an arm back, blade pointing dangerously at Hollow. For a split second, she didn’t move, but she couldn’t let herself stop for him. The dagger slid from her hand, flying through the air with a nearly silent whistle. She eagerly watched, willing it to fly into Hollow’s chest.

But he’d noticed her pause. Angrily, he sent the dagger bouncing away with a quick flick of his sword. Fury flashed through his yellow eyes as he stared Allecto down. She was unnerved that he’d seen through her, that he always saw through her, but she knew she had the upper hand in this battle. She was, after all, immortal.

“Don’t hesitate next time,” Hollow hissed. How could he be so quiet and strike her harder than if he had yelled? She didn’t have time to contemplate. Hollow gripped his sword in both arms, flipping the blade to face him, bringing it above his head and plunging it deep into his heart. Allecto couldn’t help gasping, though a part of her felt exhilaration and excitement.

Silver gobs of blood flowed down Hollow’s shirt from his wound, soaking him. He didn’t fall to his knees, though, didn’t even blink. Crossing his arms, he stared at her, sword still shoved through his chest and protruding from his back. Allecto’s eyes widened, in anger and fear. How couldn’t he have died? He had just plunged his own huge sword through his chest, through his heart, and he was alive.

“There are some things I haven’t told you,” Hollow said, his voice like silk. “But we don’t talk much anymore, so I casually forget to update your description of me.” Allecto shook away her astound expression, twisting her posture into a defensive position.

“Right,” she said, letting another dagger pierce through the air to drive into Hollow. “Don’t hesitate.” She couldn’t help a grin spreading over her face as she watched her blade jet through the sky. Hollow’s features softened, the left side of his mouth turning upwards. His half-smile drove her crazy even now. And then, she knew, that half smile would get a little bigger, and the right corner of his mouth would just barely lift, showing the slightest curve of a dimple, only seen in certain lightings. Why did that send a chill and a surge of pain right through her?

“Please don’t smile at me,” she said, her hand rushing up to meet her eyelid, brushing away a crimson, crystalline tear. Hollow’s smile instantly faded away, leaving a look of analytical confusion. He opened his mouth, maybe to say something, but a dagger flew into his right shoulder, slicing through bone with a sickening crack. He stared at it, eyes wincing but showing no other emotion.

“I think,” Hollow said, pulling the thin blade out of his shoulder with a small intake of breath, “this belongs to you.” He held the dagger out to her, holding the blade by its tip. She walked over slowly, as the Obsidian Flash disappeared in a haze of black smoke. Allecto took a few more steps, wrapping her hand around the dagger’s hilt. Hollow still held the blade’s point.

“And I think you should go home.”

Allecto instantly pressed the blade into his fingers, an expression of pure hatred on her face as a drop of silver blood poured down to the ground. She directed her hard, cold glare at Hollow, until he sent her one that was just as icy. She averted her gaze, staring down. Her eyes glanced at his shirt’s front, noticing that the blood from before was gone. Looking at the ground, she saw several new Dusks in the corner and was aware of what had happened. Hollow couldn’t even bleed without creating something made of bitter hate. He truly did belong in Kingdom Hearts, because anywhere else, his creatures would’ve been killed. But she knew that he wasn’t immortal. This was a new development. Taking her blade from his hand, she placed an arm on his shoulder, flipping herself behind him. Shoving her dagger into his back, she pushed the blade into his flesh, watching him buckle beneath her.

“When did you become immortal?” she asked, wishing to know when this had happened. “How?”

Hollow glared into her eyes. She remembered that he’d never liked her to interrogate him like that. His leg flew out from behind him, placing a kick to her knee. She felt it bend beneath her, unwillingly sending her to the ground. Hollow took the dagger out of his back and whirled around, placing the blade at Allecto’s throat. “I have nothing to tell you, to share with you, or I would’ve shared it.”

“I should’ve known you’d say that,” Allecto said, sending her knee flying into Hollow’s stomach and causing him to fall back as she grabbed the dagger from his hand. Laying it at his throat, she ran a hand through his hair. He stared at her hand, determined to remain unperturbed, though it enraged him inside that she would be so forward when she was so clearly unwanted.

“Wasn’t I a good enough person for you?” Allecto asked softly, pulling her hand away from his locks of ebony. Hollow became annoyed. Grabbing her by the shoulder, he pushed her back, sword forming in his hand. His long black arm was raised now, blade above her head. She stared up at him, broken and not wanting to fight. He was bleeding heavily, and so was she. Had they been fighting more than she’d noticed? Had they not felt each other’s blows as they traded questions back and forth?

“If I could but tame the beast inside you,” Allecto whispered. Hollow’s blade was still outstretched, pausing at the pique of its height.

“If you could tame the beast inside me, you’d hold no more interest in my soul,” Hollow said, clearly tired of this game. But he let his sword fall absently to his side, staring down at Allecto.

“I remember our last full moon, Hollow,” Allecto whispered. “When you said all wounds can heal, and you left me alone, even though you’d said you loved me on the night previous to that.”

Hollow watched her smile at the memory. How could she smile at it? How could she not know that he didn’t love her, wouldn’t love her, couldn’t love her for the rest of his days? She couldn’t be there, or he’d let go of control. Hollow hated that smile. That reminded him of before. He couldn’t feel the love, but he remembered that he had felt it, and he despised that he couldn’t control himself enough to love without letting the creature inside take over his mind. He hated that every emotion except hatred set loose the beast inside. She could see that he hated it, as she lied there, bleeding.

“You’re a helpless romantic at heart, Hollow,” Allecto smiled, letting her fury and hatred of him fade as he brought the flat of his blade down, as his eyes glinted at her for the last time, as she lost control of her mind and let everything fade to black. Her last image of her love was the one of him bringing his sword down to strike her. But she’d let it be a happy memory.

Hollow stared into the waves that crashed across the shore, thinking of how Allecto had lain in this ebony sand hours ago, how she had loved him and hated him so fiercely that she had let herself lose. His arms were wrapped around his knees, and his head rested upon them, too. He stared nonchalantly, black ears pointed and alert in the night sky. He had ripped a portal into the air and sent her home with a note. He left her in the care of a friend, or something close to that. He felt empty again. The waves slid across his feet, sending chills that he ignored through his body.

Empty would have to work.

That’s a wrap. =O

So dere. Now, GoH, write yours. >_>

darkisaac

Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
Well in the first two paragraphs (The ones in black) you overused the words ebony, and sand.

Other than that this is great, now to see what GoH writes...

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
darkisaac said:
Well in the first two paragraphs (The ones in black) you overused the words ebony, and sand.

Other than that this is great, now to see what GoH writes...

I also notice the overusage of the word "the."

Extreme stuff. I would grade this with an X for XTREME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back