• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Old depression

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

theirlosthearts

Awards
Ya know, after reading some of the poetry I used to write, I hit the realization that "I was really emo." A strange revelation. Well, here it is.

don't cry
just die
let it all be over
sell your heart
feel no more pain
until you start regretting
then you search out pain
whatever seems real
desiring humanity
seeking feeling
looking for proof of your existence
you have fallen
lost all sense of direction
with no more calling
you sink into the depths of deception

with a blackened heart, you seek out life
something to make you human, alive
but all you find is an empty life
your humanity is lost forever
you question it all
wondering if you should take the last dive

theirlosthearts

Awards
i like how the first two lines rhyme and then you were just like

"kupo it"

Well, that was a summary of my philosophy back when I wrote this XD But really, I only care about rhyming for a little bit of my writing. The rest is really just therapeutic, so I usually don't try too hard. I do have one poem I'm working on that rhymes, but it's not going to be finished for a very long while.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh, that's news to me. Could you please explain the reasoning behind this?

Basically, even though I'm near damn useless for poetry, but the way I see it, if you're going to have a rhyme scheme, keep a rhyme scheme. Don't go through it for a bit and then just stop out of nowhere. If you don't want one, because you don't necessarily NEED TO HAVE one, don't.

theirlosthearts

Awards
Basically, even though I'm near @#!*% useless for poetry, but the way I see it, if you're going to have a rhyme scheme, keep a rhyme scheme. Don't go through it for a bit and then just stop out of nowhere. If you don't want one, because you don't necessarily NEED TO HAVE one, don't.

So, is it your preference or a rule? (kind of confused on that point) But personally, I don't usually like sacrificing my preferred word choice just to create a rhyme unless I really want to rhyme, which is very rare. Do you think I should conform to a specific theme for my writing or just write without restrictions? (ie, which do you think is a better way to write?)

And sorry for the text filter.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So, is it your preference or a rule? (kind of confused on that point) But personally, I don't usually like sacrificing my preferred word choice just to create a rhyme unless I really want to rhyme, which is very rare. Do you think I should conform to a specific theme for my writing or just write without restrictions? (ie, which do you think is a better way to write?)

And sorry for the text filter.

It isn't a preference, it is actually a thing that you don't need to do, you don't need to force yourself, just make sure it flows properly.

Poetry is kind of a "do whatever the kupo you want, as long as it sounds good".
Don't try to force yourself with poetry if you aren't comfortable doing it.

Last edited:

theirlosthearts

Awards
It isn't a preference, it is actually a thing that you don't need to do, you don't need to force yourself, just make sure it flows properly.

Okay, thanks for the clarification ^_^

Poetry is kind of a "do whatever the kupo you want, as long as it sounds good".
Don't try to force yourself with poetry if you aren't comfortable doing it.

I'm not really uncomfortable with forcing myself, but it's just that when I really apply myself to writing, it usually takes more effort and time than I am able to give. I like writing, and it can be very comforting. I just don't have the capability to write the way I want to at this time in my life. So the little writing I do ends up being half kupoed like this one.

Thank you for answering my questions ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back