• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Of Vice and Virtue: Pandora's Legacy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
I demand 1st comment.

The irony. It kills me. I expected no less than a few paragraphs from Sloth. But you broke that small detail to really bring out Sloth's nature. I think in this case, the length was needed, besides the point that her nature is to be lazy. Very well done with Sloth, Sean.

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
Very nice BN, very nice as always. The character of sloth really did remind me, like SH said, of a motherly character. Reminded me of Mrs. Weasely for some reason, except without all the bustling work.

The irony. I thought Sloth was going to be an overweight, American type dude, but of course, you delightfully suprise us yet again. Merci.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Depends upon the day and if there is free pizza.
Three at once here, guys.

---------------------------------
Of Vice and Virtue

Envy

I was there when Lust finally emerged from his seclusion. I saw him step into the sun, and felt my blood both heat and chill at once. He had always caused me to burn with desire, yet the cold that so lightly coursed deep within me was new. What was this? Was it fear? Ridiculous. Lust had never caused fear to rise within me. I studied him from afar. He had hardly changed. From what the blazing sun high above the sand allowed me to see, his physique had not diminished, nor had the quality his eyes held to pierce directly through one’s soul. He looked somewhat tired, as if reading books had somehow taken the energy from him, and his tousled hair showed it. However, an odd air surrounded him. Perhaps he had come across something he liked? Perhaps he had finally decided to cast aside the brutal witch and realize his feelings for me. She had stolen him from me. A smile came across my face as I pictured her losing the prize that was rightfully mine. She had no place with him. Not when I was the one who wanted him more.

Lust walked confidently, even proudly, away from the musky library, my eyes watching his every step. I didn’t dare show myself. I was enjoying the view far too much. So naturally, his words took me by surprise.

“Come on out, Envy.”

Somehow, I was caught between elation and surprised. His words caressed my very being. They were no different than the words he spoke to everyone, yet I knew they were secretly meant for me. They did not enter my hearing so much as they entered my mind and, for a moment, I was overcome with an almost painful burning that seared my soul. Painful, yet rapturous. His tone was not one of anger, nor of spite, nor exhaustion. The words were sounds of little more than subtle curiosity, laced with the natural twinge of desire that tainted every word Lust had ever spoken. How I wished to have such an effect in my own voice. Sloth and Lust were so fortunate, to be granted such auditory gifts.

I wouldn’t allow such an opportunity to pass. I moved from my hiding place behind the slowly shifting sands and walked, quickly mind you, to his side. His eyes gazed upon me with mild curiosity, a lack of surprise and, my own eyes surely must have caught a glimpse of attraction. My eyes strayed down from his eyes, past his goateed chin, and to the necklace he constantly wore around his neck. It was simple enough, little more than a pendant hung on black string. The circular pendant was intricately carved, however, adorned with stylized lettering that comprised one of Lust’s many names “Eros.” Others have seen that necklace as a worthless trinket, save Greed and myself. Greed simply wanted it for the sole sake of possessing it. I desired it for obviously far more noble reasons. If Lust had such a necklace, I saw no reason why I couldn’t have one as well. It would be a memento of Lust, and I would finally have a reason to throw away that ratty earring I had taken from Greed. It had looked so nice atop one of his many statues; I just couldn’t leave it to adorn such an ugly thing. Much to my disappointment, once I put it on, I was less than satisfied.

Lust simply stared me directly in the eye, his gaze unflinching, and proceeded to calmly interrogate me. I was not one to shy away at the sound of his voice, happily answering his questions like a giddy schoolgirl. Where was Pride? I didn’t know. Greed? Equally oblivious. I told him that Greed had been muttering to himself about a book he had gotten during one of his visits to Lust. Greed had been very secretive about it, and it was highly unlikely anyone else even knew of its existence. Lust’s grin brought a smile to my own face as well. I had made Lust happy. I was already one up on that foul, loathsome tramp.​

~Envy​

----------------
Of Vice and Virtue
Lust

Ah, Envy. A more fickle mistress could never exist. The jealous woman patronizes all she lays eyes upon one moment, then becomes a sparkling ray the next. She is easy enough to lead along, however. A word here, a kiss there, and she’ll tell me anything I could ever want to know. I’ve a thirst for knowledge, you see, a need to understand that by its very intensity rivals Greed’s obsession with, well, everything. Envy fed that need for knowledge, and as such, deserved a reward. I’d been holed up within libraries for quite some time. Even I can only manage to contain myself for so long.

Envy’s pillow talk is thankfully more informative, and more entertaining, than her idle chit chat. Aside from that, she’s not terribly impressive. But again, I’d been hidden away within ancient buildings and Envy has never been a difficult one to seduce. We lay within the library I had so recently left, the great vaulted ceiling a vast distance away. Piles of books, as well as ash, filled any space that was not already occupied, the air rife with odors of ancient tomes and freshly burnt paper. My eyes hardly drifted away from the far-away ceilings, though I could feel Envy’s boring into me. The girl really must work on her subtlety. She toyed childishly with the necklace round my neck, rattling off tales about the actions of my fellow Vices. Pride had worn a path in the ground, pacing to and fro in a display of nervous concern for my “traitorous” actions. Sloth had calmly been watching him, smiling and offering soothing words that I’m fairly certain Pride’s paranoid mind couldn’t comprehend, let alone accept. Wrath was off somewhere, a fact in which Envy evidently took great pleasure, sulking and destroying the occasional village. Greed and Gluttony had embarked on some infantile quest. I could only laugh at this. The “quest” was likely nothing more than some malformed scheme of Greed’s, and Gluttony had simply gone along for the ride.

My mind soon drifted away from the ceiling high above me, the indignant desert birds that fluttered through the sandy air, and the visions of the fellow Vices that danced before my eyes. It strayed to my tenure within the various libraries and what knowledge I’d amassed there. I had found so many books, obviously, yet only a few had actually had information I was concerned in. I had spent my time reading up on my origins, learning the story that had culminated in my creation. Though I could not eternally quell my impulses, my desires, I had found myself growing weary of my endless existence. Every single time the physical shell of a Vice or Virtue finally gives out, we are immediately placed within another. There is no peace; there is no rest. This was unbelievable. These people, these cattle, that we infected were able to achieve peace, why weren’t we? We do more work in our existence; we endure more hardships. Pleasures of the flesh serve as a wondrous means of tiding oneself over, make no mistake about that. Yet, I could not, and cannot, rid myself of the belief that surely something else must await me and the end of things. I would not allow myself to wait. That would be simply ridiculous. I was determined to find my own way to reach paradise, the solace I had sought for so long. I longed to be free of my servitude, to simply be and pay no heed to anything. I wished to be free of the irritating presence of the Virtues, gone from the tumultuous cascade of emotions and backstabbing that went hand in hand with being a Vice.

I had learned many things during my seclusion. I learned, for example, that my dream was within reach.​

~Lust​

------------------------
Of Vice and Virtue
Pride

Unacceptable! I had been lied to, deceived! That wriggling, worming Greed had been hiding things from me. I knew he was a traitor. He will be punished. Severely. He knew what Lust has done, and even went so far against me to hold in his possession a book that Lust had read. He would serve to use this book against me somehow. It must have been his motive to stab his leader in the back and painfully twist the knife of deception. I would not allow him to so easily sidestep my authority. I would confiscate this book of his before that avaricious insect could use it against me further. There must have been powerful secrets within that book if both Lust and Greed were to hide it from their leader.

I had learned of this book through the ever-faithful Gluttony. She had been playing with her dolls and acting out scenes, as usual. Though many of these plays were often centered around food and other objects, their degree of edibility notwithstanding, this particular display was rather unique. As Sloth looked on, or rather through Gluttony and into space, the young girl seemed to be portraying something she herself had witnessed. She held only two dolls, those of Greed and herself. My doll was cast off to the side, something I made sure to reprimand her for afterwards. Quietly, with a voice as hushed as the autumn winds Gluttony so enjoyed, the young girl was speaking for her dolls, waving the otherwise immobile figurines up and down as they “spoke.” She must not have known I was there. The topic of “conversation” was far too treacherous to be allowed anywhere near me.

Gluttony spoke of a secret between her and Greed. This alone shocked me. Gluttony had never withheld anything from me. If she held a secret within her, what else had she hidden? Even the child was not to be trusted. According to Gluttony’s personal conversation with herself, Greed had shown her something Lust had supposedly given him. A book, inscribed with some peculiar gold symbol. I could care less about the symbol. My attention was focused solely on Gluttony, and her lonely little tea party. Lies within my own cabinet. Unbelievable. Unacceptable.

I could no longer bear it. The fury was rising within me and it became utterly clear to me that Greed must be dealt with and this book confiscated. I would not allow whatever poison Lust imbibed upon to infect my ranks. I did not care that I had no idea where Greed stashed his treasures, only that he had hidden such information from me. He was a traitor as well, just as eager to backstab me as Lust. I passed Sloth as I stormed away, giving a burning glare towards the silently reclining lady. She lay upon a bed of rose petals and sweetbrier. Any sunlight that could have come into the room of alabaster and obsidian was dimmed by the overabundance of plants. Due to Sloth’s own inactivity, the plants had long since laid claim to the area. They climbed up the walls and across the floor. Sloth said nothing to me. Her lips were closed, her voice imprisoned behind them. The only sound was that of her black dress ruffling slightly in the wind I made as I moved by. She simply looked at me as I passed. Could she have known what I was going to do? Gluttony did spend hours playing dolls in front of her. How much did she know?​
~Pride​

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Gluttony's

Of Vice and Virtue
Gluttony​

Oh, oh no. I have been a bad girl. I’ve been a naughty girl. Greed didn’t want me to let Pride know about the book. But Pride doesn’t want me to keep secrets. Is he mad at me? I hope he’s not mad at me. I heard him stomp away. I didn’t know he was there at first. I thought I was all alone. I could almost feel his anger. He didn’t say anything. Usually he’ll yell, or he’ll scream. One time he even slapped me. It’s okay, though. Pride means well. He just wants to make sure everything is under control. He’s not a bad person.

I watched Pride leave. He stared into Sloth’s room for a minute, then kept going. He didn’t speak. I was scared. I dropped the dolls of Greed and me, picking up the one of Pride. This Pride wasn’t mad at me. He was smaller, but he wasn’t mad. Maybe the big Pride wasn’t mad. I hate it when he’s angry. I heard a far away door slam and I stared at the floor. I don’t know why. Pride’s doll stared blankly up at me. It didn’t smile. It never smiled. It always had an odd expression on its face, almost like a grin, like Lust would have after he would return from a vacation with Wrath.

What could I do now? I couldn’t take back what I said. After Pride left, I sat there for a little while. The doll still wasn’t smiling. I stood up and walked towards Sloth’s room, my shoes clicking lightly on the black floor. I had a dim reflection, and everything looked backwards. The doll looked unhappy now, dark and cold. I clutched it closer to my chest and cradled it. Maybe Sloth would know what to do.

Sloth’s room was warm. I always liked it in there. She had beautiful plants all over the place, with flowers of every shape and size blooming just before my eyes. I liked the roses she kept. Every now and then, I’d take one and put it in my hair. Pride never noticed, but Sloth said I looked lovely. It smelled wonderful in there, with perfumes and scents floating through the air like soft clouds. It was calm. I almost fell asleep every time I visited her. Sloth always sat in the center, daydreaming and resting upon the bed of plants that had prepared itself for her. Lust called her “Eve” once. I just called her Sloth.

She told me to leave the doll outside her room. Sloth never liked the doll of Pride. She said it was too realistic for her tastes. Sloth’s advice was to stop worrying. Greed was careful about everything he owned. She saw no way anyone, even Pride, could get Greed to part with anything, be it a ball or Bible. Sloth made me feel better. I hadn’t done anything wrong. I hadn’t actually told him Greed’s secret. He had just overheard me. I smiled at her and she laughed lightly. Sloth always made me feel better.

Sloth picked one of her roses and placed it in my hair. She smiled at me, then sent me on my way. I left the warmth of her room and met the coldness of everything else. The doll was on the floor again, just as cold as everything else. I picked it up and stared at it for a moment. It stared back. I looked away from it and held it to my chest once more. The rest of my dolls were scattered a little bit away from me. Lust’s had fallen down with Envy’s, and Wrath’s was staring at them both. Greed’s had fallen into an odd position and the figurine of Sloth was watching them all. I wanted to play with them, really I did. But Pride wouldn’t be happy if he came home and I wasn’t playing with his doll. Maybe…maybe I could find a new spot to play, away from the others. My shoes clicked on the black floor again.

The doll still wasn’t smiling.​
~Gluttony​

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Its like a soap opera in here xD Dramatic, drama, the entire thing. Gluttony, as adorable as ever. Pride, as egoistic as ever. Lust, as hawt as ever. ( Though a little saddwn how Envy can be so easily used ). Erm, that is all I have to say =X Its great. Keep writing. Like the rest of the posts after mine ^^

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Of Vice and Virtue
Wrath​
That miserable, vile, wretched, disgusting bitch! She had tried to steal him from me, to take away what is mine! How could she do that, of all things? Envy must have somehow charmed Lust, taken him away from me. I would not allow this. I could not allow this! And Lust! He must have been weak, an insignificant, tiny, damned idiot. He laid down with her, gave her what she wanted! He had forgotten me, cast me aside. Oh no, I would not be sent into oblivion. I would not allow that wench to steal my drug. I could not permit that torpid tempter to leave me behind. I would make my mark. I would put them both in their place.

I had seen the witch meet with Lust outside the library. I stayed hidden while she approached Lust at a single command. She was weak and so was he. Lust had hardly spoken to her more than a moment before the two left the scorching glare of the sun for the cool depths of the library. I followed them. I would slaughter them for what they had done, let alone what they were planning to do. I could hardly stand it. The ease with which both of them shed their clothing made me sick. I was too angry to fall prey to Lust’s very nature. He would not entrap me. Not this time. Everything Lust and I had ever shared, he was now sharing with a vile succubus. He had been unfaithful before, countless times. I had long since lost track of Lust’s ‘falls’. But this... this was unforgivable, even for a Sin, even for Lust. It was her.

I was too angry to move. In my fury, I could only stand behind a mammoth pillar and fume as Lust betrayed me. I have no idea how long I stood there, how much time I wasted doing nothing while I hated every piece of them. As they reached their peak, or one of them, my anger did the same. Behind me was a small staircase, complete with a metal railing meant to keep people safe from harm. Ironic. Some of its bars had rusted greatly and I wrested one of them from its place with ease. It was quiet, thankfully, though I doubt they could have heard it over themselves. I would run this pole through their empty hearts. I would not be betrayed.

Envy ran the moment she saw me. I stepped out onto the cold stone, my eyes burning as I watched her momentarily play with Lust’s necklace before fleeing. Her own eyes, a sickly green that made me furious just by existing, widened with terror and for a moment, the fire that burned in my veins was almost satiated. It was not enough. I would have to impale her, I would need to see if her blood was the same damned green as her eyes. I ran after her, but that witch was gone before I could get close. Though she had left, her laughter echoed. It was shrill and victorious, to laughter of a whore who had stolen a man. I would make sure I shoved that laugh back down her throat and
made her choke on every sound.

But first, I would have to deal with Lust. By the time I faced him, he had scarcely managed to put his pants on, much less anything else. Even his eyes were fearful, a departure from the usual embers of broken promises that usually filled them. He tried to console me; he tried to calm me. Fool. As I marched forward, his bare back made contact with the marble wall behind him. My iron grip clapped down on his shoulder. For a moment, I enjoyed the touch of his skin. I was then reminded of how much Envy had enjoyed it as well. Witch. The metal rod was raised high. I would enjoy this. With a cry of rage, I brought the rod down and waited to hear the crack of breaking bones.

I couldn’t believe it. Lust grabbed my wrist and his other hand wrapped itself around my throat. He let out a bestial roar that I had never heard before. His eyes had lost their fear, filled with surging rage rather than burning passion. His teeth were bared, his face contorted with absolute fury and anger. He was breathing heavily as he pulled himself off the wall and brutally shoved me against it. The metal rod clanged to the floor, echoing loudly off the vaulted ceilings. Its sound was soon drowned out by Lust, however.

“You will not take this from me!”

I do not know what happened after that. I vaguely remember being thrown and sliding across the floor the entire length of the room. My head collided violently into the same pillar behind which I had been hiding earlier. I heard a furious shout roll through the library like thunder, and then dark storm clouds overcame my vision.

I awoke cold and alone. Lust had left long before I rose from unconsciousness. He had left his mark upon the library, scorched scars cut across the beautiful building’s stones like a gash across a face. How could he leave me there? Books were burned without regard to the smoke. However, as I stretched, trying to wake the rest of my body, my foot brushed against the remnants of one particular book. It was simple, leather-bound and in a state of almost total disrepair. I could make out only a few words. ‘Diasthys’, ‘Pandora’, ‘boxes’, and ‘union’ were among them.
He wouldn’t. No, not even Lust could do that.​

~Wrath​

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Wrath is just so evil xD What a vocabulary she has too. Lust scares me now. When he gets ticked, he really does get ticked. But what I really want to see is the epic Wrath vs Envy. I demand for it to exist >=P

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Of Vice and Virtue
Greed​
I don’t understand it! He found me! How could he have found me? No one ever has. No one’s ever come into my home, my space. I hide so well, so well! They’re my things and he touched them. He touched them! They are dirty now, soiled. He tainted my priceless, precious treasures. He bent them, broke them, snapped them, and twisted them. He called me worthless, vile, and disgusting. But he touched my things, my poor, precious property. He said they weren’t worth anything at all, but I know better. They are worth everything. No matter how crippled, how crushed Pride makes them, they will always be worth more than he’ll ever know. No one knows. Just me.

Pride spat at me. He never stopped laughing, loud and long. He had intruded onto my territory and had the nerve to laugh at me! He called me stupid for trusting some ‘pathetic child’ with a secret like that. I was an idiot for visiting Lust without Pride’s consent, and a bane upon the world for having the gall to take something without showing it to Pride. He told me that everything I had was pointless, that no matter how much gold and silver I surrounded myself with, I would never be as good as he was. I hate Pride. I should kill Pride.

No, I couldn’t. He’s too strong. What would poor Gluttony do? Then again, she had betrayed me. Yet, she was just a child. She couldn’t have done it on purpose. No! She had given up our secret. She had led Pride to destroy my beloved treasures! My jewels, my books, my swords, my spears, my chests, my stones! Pride had ruined them. Gluttony had caused the sacrilege, the destructive desecration. They both deserved to die. Could I kill them both? I had a spear, after all. It hadn’t been used for hundreds upon hundreds of years, and even then only once to pierce the side of some prophet.That part’s not important. It was a beautiful spear, crafted well and ornate. It would look so good with that perfect tint of crimson stains…

I wouldn’t be able to do it. I could never go against Pride. He would end this round of my existence. I would come back. We always did. But there must be an easier way. I could betray them, too. I could become the same traitor to them that they had become to me! Gluttony had given Pride information he wanted. Maybe I could do the same with Lust. Lust was always nicer to me. Not always pleasant, but at least not violent. I could be a spy. What fun! I could act just like I always have, and I would be in Lust’s favor. He might help me restore my things.

Oh yes, this could work. Gluttony and Pride would pay for what they had done. I will never forget their betrayal, their violation. A grudge lasts for a long time when you’re immortal. Just ask Wrath.​

~ Greed​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back