• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NOT SPOILERS: Something really cool about the Re:Coded movie.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
This is just me being overly sentimental for my history with the series, but I find it very poignant that they went back to Sora's oldest model in the II.5 Coded movie.

There are two KH1 Sora rigs out there:
The newer, prettier faced long eyelash version featured in Re:COM and DDD,
and the goofier facial rig from KH1 and 1.5..

There's something about the latter that has so much more expression, and I'm glad that for whatever reason, they went with it over the newer rig. It's most likely the last time they're going to produce new content with the old graphical style, so it's very nice that they've sort of.. gone back to where they began. Did anyone else notice this, or is this a #justlaunchpad moment?

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
This is just me being overly sentimental for my history with the series, but I find it very poignant that they went back to Sora's oldest model in the II.5 Coded movie.

There are two KH1 Sora rigs out there:
The newer, prettier faced long eyelash version featured in Re:COM and DDD,
and the goofier facial rig from KH1 and 1.5..

There's something about the latter that has so much more expression, and I'm glad that for whatever reason, they went with it over the newer rig. It's most likely the last time they're going to produce new content with the old graphical style, so it's very nice that they've sort of.. gone back to where they began. Did anyone else notice this, or is this a #justlaunchpad moment?

Can you post pictures? Cause they look the same to me. Both 1.5 and Re:coded use the updated model.

KH1 used the old model which they updated when Re:CoM came out. Don't think it has changed since.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
It's not incredibly easy to notice. You're right that they replaced the model in 1.5, but they had to use the old face to stay compatible with the old face animations. If they threw the new face in there for 1.5, it'd most likely break. They carried over the model AND face from KH1FM HD to Re:Coded's new scenes. The old facial rig was capable of crazier expressions, such as this
KHHD.jpg

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
It's not incredibly easy to notice. You're right that they replaced the model in 1.5, but they had to use the old face to stay compatible with the old face animations. If they threw the new face in there for 1.5, it'd most likely break. They carried over the model AND face from KH1FM HD to Re:Coded's new scenes. The old facial rig was capable of crazier expressions, such as this

Model = body and face. You don't separate the two.

noesiskhbbs447.jpg
noesiskhbbs424.jpg

Sora's face is obviously different than what it was in the PS2 version and you can tell on multiple occasions. That's the "new" thing about the model anyway. It's subtle, but it's there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back