• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nomura runing out of character designs?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDQ

Living in the Present, Thinking About the Past and
is it me or does it seem like nomura is runing out of character designs for KH cause most of the new characters look like characters weve seen before
Terra=Zack
Ven=Roxas
MX=bald xigbar
Xion=Kairi

Aqua is the only new character thats origional so far, anyway just something i noticed wat do you guys think

A

Audo

Ven/Roxas and Xion/Kairi's similarities are plot devices. They don't count.
And Terra/Zack isn't that significant, and MX/Bald Xigbar just soiunds weird.

He likes to reuse elements from previous games is all. It isn't that big of a deal really.

Ren

adios motherfucker
I don't think it's that he's running out of designs. Nomura just tends to stick to the same stick-figure pretty boys and girls. So his style is just stale to begin with. The only reason why it's stale is because SE whores him out.

Which is why I found the Organization to be extremely refreshing.
For the most part, I don't mind. I like his designs. I just pray that he'll take on fewer projects in the future lol not happening.

Axie

Sleeping on the couch at the usual spot until such
Old news. Cloud and Sora have a lot in common, and Axel copied off Zack before Terra did (or vice versa, I'm not sure if it was like that before Crisis Core or not). Ven is Roxas's double for a reason, though, and Xion's gotta be connected to Kairi somehow what with being, y'know, an exact replica.

Replica. *thought* I wonder.

Anyway, I'm really just happy everything kinda fits. I mean, we're getting new characters and stuff, but the overall mood and feel is the same.

Ren

adios motherfucker
It's things like this that make me feel like people are looking too hard for similarities.

Axie

Sleeping on the couch at the usual spot until such
uhh seeing as axel is based off reno i somehow doubt this.

So because he's based off Reno they've gotta have the same 'do? o_O Take a look at Zack in some of the later scenes after he changes his 'do. It's got the same widow's peak, hairline, and spikes as Axel's, and it's got two strands out front (but I think they bend down instead of back). Either way, it's damned close.

Only really noticed it because I look for Axel in everything. ^^;

Ren

adios motherfucker
Only really noticed it because I look for Axel in everything. ^^;

That's your fault. I don't see Axel in Zack at all.
This is what I mean by looking too hard. I think Nomura recycles designs a little too often, but that's only because there are only so many different designs he can make. Don't go nitpicking at what's there. :/

A

Audo

Again, that could be plot relevant, and then the similarities dont amount to "running out of designs"

A

Audo

Well seeing as how the theme is that fate is inevitable, it makes sense for them to be connected.

tevlen

Also, think about how normal RPG's are. Characters automatically fit into one of the archetypes of traditional rpg characters (ex: heavy hitter, rogue, black mage, etc...) and have personalities designed around their fighting function. The amount of repetition present in KH is slim to none compared to a good deal of other games.

A

Audo

true but i thought that applyed to KH1-KH2 story not the characters
It applies to the KH1-KH2 story because of the characters...

Also, think about how normal RPG's are. Characters automatically fit into one of the archetypes of traditional rpg characters (ex: heavy hitter, rogue, black mage, etc...) and have personalities designed around their fighting function. The amount of repetition present in KH is slim to none compared to a good deal of other games.
He means in their appearance, not their personalities...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back