• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

No Text Bubbles?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Do you want text bubbles?

• Yes!

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • No!

Votes: 29 52.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
Hey, guys. I remember reading somewhere that BbS will be fully voiced, and not use text bubbles, unless it is one of those, "do you want to go now" and you choose yes or no. I'm hoping they don't use text bubbles; it would be awesome if everything was voiced. Then, if people choose to spoil the story for themselves, they get all of the story translated, and not just the cutscenes, like Days, where we barely knew the stories for the Disney worlds, even though there really was no story to tell, whereas the Disney worlds of BbS actually have an effect on the plot.

Just a question: did someone say that there will be no text bubbles, or is that just my imagination?

and, what are your thoughts? do you want the bubbles, or you don't?

Discuss...

00 Raiser Fan

No, Bbs isn't fully voiced, haven't you seen the footage from Cinderellas world where Ven is talking to cinderellas mouse, it was all in text bubbles.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I don't care if there are text bubbles in the game. Not every line of dialogue has to be voiced.

00 Raiser Fan

Still it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it will have text bubbles just like any other kingdom hearts game.

State

Awards
Interactions with citizens of a world have always been with text-bubbles, so I'm thinking that by now, it should be a tradition.

B

Blade5468

Interactions with citizens of a world have always been with text-bubbles, so I'm thinking that by now, it should be a tradition.

FFX.

Or, well, that's not Kingdom Hearts, but still. 'twas pretty amazing to talk to voiced citizens.

Anyway, it'll have text bubbles.
It's a PSP game.
There's a limit to how many sound files you can put into one UMD, and considering this is a Kingdom Hearts game we're talking about here (lots of dialogue,) and the fact that there's THREE stories, it's impossible.

Axens

Banned
Fully voiced would be so win. That would make the game more interactive and enjoyable. I cant be assed to read text sometimes to be honest >_>"

Flickr

hmm....sure it'd be awesome if it was voiced, but I mean it might be alittle difficult. I don't have good hearing and would have to turn the TV up really loud to hear what they are saying, and I can read pretty fast. Also, if you have to leave the room for a second, you can pause, come back and re-read what the person said. :) it sounds nice but in retrospect impractical.

Axens

Banned
hmm....sure it'd be awesome if it was voiced, but I mean it might be alittle difficult. I don't have good hearing and would have to turn the TV up really loud to hear what they are saying, and I can read pretty fast. Also, if you have to leave the room for a second, you can pause, come back and re-read what the person said. :) it sounds nice but in retrospect impractical.

Its one the PSP. You can use headphones to boos the volume ^_^

B

Blade5468

hmm....sure it'd be awesome if it was voiced, but I mean it might be alittle difficult. I don't have good hearing and would have to turn the TV up really loud

This is a PSP game. You could even wear headphones to make it louder.

Also, if you have to leave the room for a second, you can pause, come back and re-read what the person said.

Subtitles do that.

zachen

Awards
I would absolutely luv no text bubbles after suffering through days but as mentioned above it would be impossible too much data.

B

Blade5468

Also, khphantom, i'd like to inform you that trailers and/or screenshots of text bubbles are generally not something video games do.
The reason they were only shown in the demo was because the demo was the only PLAYABLE version, therefore the only one where all of the game's features -- including text bubbles -- had to be shown.
It's no secret that people don't like text bubbles, that's why they don't show them in trailers and scans.
They show up on demos because that's a full playthrough of an area.

khphantom97

Website
www.youtube.com
wait, what?

what I meant was that if you're in a HB in KH2, there re a bunch of NPC walking around. You clikc on them , and it says something like "Leon is acting weird lately. I hope something isn't wrong" and then you walk away. That obviosuly can't be a cutscene, I realize that. But those full fledge conversations in text bubbles could be turned into cutscenes.

B

Blade5468

You clikc on them , and it says something like "Leon is acting weird lately. I hope something isn't wrong" and then you walk away. That obviosuly can't be a cutscene, I realize that

FFX made those voiced. BbS could, too, if they were going to make it fully voiced. (Which they wont due to lack of room)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back