• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Need help with ps2 online? click here

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora Ultima

ps2 online-NEED REPLIES PLEASE

I need help setting up ps2 online. My current setup is:

1. ARRIS cable modem hooked up to the computer
2.Ps2
3.Ethernet cord
4.ps2 network adaptor

What I do is try and setup a direct connection by taking the ethernet cord out from the back of my computer and hook it up to my ps2's network adapter. After that I try and setup my configuration. When I test my connection it says network error -611 occured which means:
The DNS resolver did not recognize the DNAS server host name. "DNAS Error (-611) A network error has occurred." Please double-check your network connection and/or network configuration.
Can anyone help me solve this problem? Any items I need? Please help me because I have been trying to hook my ps2 online for days with no luck.
Thanks for all those who reply to this

Last edited:

Zero Cerberus

\\'arrior Lacrosse.
Awards
Re: ps2 online

Have a ethernet cord going from your cable modem, to the adapter, then try it. You won't be able to be on the computer (Internet) and play ps2 online at the same time, considering, no router. If that doesn't help then, just PM me or something. @_@

Sora Ultima

Re: ps2 online-NEED REPLIES PLEASE

ive already done that. its the direct connection I was talking about.

Last edited:

Azurith

Awards
Angels of darkness tread softly in the light.

...Did you have your ps2 network installer set to 'automatic'..?
(It could probably take care of your problem.)

If not, then you'll need to setup your network manually..
I'd recommend:
192.168.0.1 for your ps2's ip address.
(This is internally reserved in computer systems for 'private networking'.)
Next, for DNS, search google to find your cable modem's ip address.
(For example, mine is: 192.168.100.1)
And set your DNS to your modem's ip.
(Which should forward all dns queries to your modem.)
Finally, set your 'default gateway' to the same as the ip used for dns.
(Unless your ip has specific dns/gateway ip addresses.)

Also, if you decide to configure a router:
(Do this AFTER installing it on your network, via the computer.)
Your router should be in the space of 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.. etc.
(It's really a matter of personal preference.)
Your computer & ps2 will be in the range of 192.168.0.2-192.168.0.254.
(There is no 192.168.0.*0* or 192.168.0.*255* ip addresses.. these don't actually exist, they are just placeholders. This is why the router is x.x.x.1.. although it can be x.x.x.2 or x.x.x.95 ...this is just another preference. But it's easier to have the router be identified by x.x.x.1)
(It depends on a few things.) But mostly you'll see 192.168.0.2-3 as your computer and ps2's ip addresses, if you use automatic configurations.
Also, when using the router method, make sure you set your dns address to your router's ip address also.

I hope I didn't lose anyone on that.. <.<
(Btw x.x.x.1 is a short way of writing an ip.. it SHOULD read xxx.xxx.xxx.1 ...but I'm lazy.)

~~Azurith

Sora Ultima

no luck. I tried it but instead it said error -612 a network error has occured. I have no idea what im doing wrong

Sora Ultima

YES!!! After searching the internet I finally connected to ps2 online. All I did to fix the -611 and -612 error was click start, go to run, type command, type, ipconfig/release then shut off the computer and unplug the modem and wait 2 minutes. Then I take the ethernet cord from the back of the computer and hook it up to the ps2 network adaptor and it worked. Thank god cuz I didnt wanna save money for a router because my dad wouldn't get me one. Ill post the website in another thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back