• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Need Help with ideas for essay

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Okay well I have to write an argumentive essay for my English class in college.

It has to be 600-630 words or so, and it has to be about some local issue.

These are some issues facing my county that was thinking about writing on:

1. Building a sewer system that would bring in more business and boost the local economy as well as create jobs.

2. The drug problem in the county, specificaly the widescale meth problem. Local churches have teamed up with law enforciment to try and combat this problem.

So with these two ideas can anyone give me some advice on writing this? Anything at all would be appreciated.

If anyone has any general ideas that may be associated with almost any local community then that would help as well.

I just need something to write a good essay with having to make attempts at dragging it out to meet the 600 word requirement.

Thanks in advanced

Awards
Well, I know nothing about college, but I would like to help anyway I can. :)
So, since it's an argumentative essay, you must be able to represent valid arguments for both sides of the argument, while explaining why the side you support has stronger bases and better consequences. For example, if you did one for the sewer system, if you argued in favor of building it, you would explain and elaborate how it would boost economy, bring in more business, and create jobs, as well as give examples and reasons why this is likely to happen. You would also have to include why it wouldn't be good and provide counterarguments for them. For example, might it disrupt wildlife or disturb geographically sound buildings and such? (...I really don't know...) Why are these not too important in comparison to the pros?

I'll edit this if I come up with anything else, but like I said, I don't know much about college level things. Maybe you could brainstorm using a T-chart or Venn Diagram?:confused:

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Well, I know nothing about college, but I would like to help anyway I can. :)
So, since it's an argumentative essay, you must be able to represent valid arguments for both sides of the argument, while explaining why the side you support has stronger bases and better consequences. For example, if you did one for the sewer system, if you argued in favor of building it, you would explain and elaborate how it would boost economy, bring in more business, and create jobs, as well as give examples and reasons why this is likely to happen. You would also have to include why it wouldn't be good and provide counterarguments for them. For example, might it disrupt wildlife or disturb geographically sound buildings and such? (...I really don't know...) Why are these not too important in comparison to the pros?

I'll edit this if I come up with anything else, but like I said, I don't know much about college level things. Maybe you could brainstorm using a T-chart or Venn Diagram?:confused:

True but details are so hard to come by. Seriously the internet is not a great source of information on local issues in a particular community. I find reports of this stuff from local newspapers but no arguments or debates on any of it. I hope next time she gives us a topic on something on a more national or global level.

I can already tell i'm not going to do well on this essay. If anyone has anymore tips or ideas please post them, it will be very much appreciated.

D

Deleted member 36435

First off, 600 words is like two double-spaced pages
Secondly, if this is supposed to be sent in with your college application, your teacher is a retard.
Thirdly, go for the drug problem. More resources on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back