• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sports ► NBA Season 2013-2014

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which conference do you like better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Master

Panda Paintbrushes
Awards
So who's ready for the season to start?! I know I am, my team is Okc and I can't wait to see what plays they have come up with for this year

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Oh my god someone on this site other than me that wants to talk about basketball I'm legitimately excited.

I've been running with the heat since '05 and am the world's biggest DWade fan. I can't wait to see if this is the season we see the old Wade again, especially since he's been working out with Tim Grover this off season.

And obviously D Rose's return is a huge storyline, and I honestly think he's gonna challenge Durant for the SECOND best player in the league (Lebron's got that on lock)

My predictions for the first night of the season:

Bulls @ Heat: Miami

Magic @ Pacers: Pacers

Clippers "@" Lakers: Clips

Dark Master

Panda Paintbrushes
Awards
Haha yeah I'm starting to see that no one else on this site cares for basketball which is unfortunate because I love to talk about it!

Oh yeah I'm hoping as well to see the old d wade, if he's back then the heat will really be scary this year D:

I hope durant steps his game up without westbrook for a few months, that would really get him into the mvp talk

I agree with those predictions except for the heat beating the bulls, only because every time the heat are doing something special (28game winning streak, lebron recieving mvp award, now the ring and banner celebration) the bulls come out on top. I say the bulls win by seven so we shall see

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Miami is absolutely SMASHING the Bulls right now, Mike Dunleavy looks awful.

Big 3 is really rusty though ngl

Dark Master

Panda Paintbrushes
Awards
Miami is absolutely SMASHING the Bulls right now, Mike Dunleavy looks awful.

Big 3 is really rusty though ngl

Omg yes, bulls looked horrible and don't seem as scary! But yeah lebron was taking forever to get into the groove.

Big night for some players around the league!
Durant dropping 42 points to bring okc to a win
Dwight howard dropping 17 pts and 26 rebounds :0
Klay thompson making 38 points, a career high
And Paul george scoring 32 points

The season is already heating up and looking good

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Man these "points of emphasis" the refs are pushing this season is ruining the games ironically enough lmao. It's slowing the game like shit whenever they call every travel or carry. Also, the delay of game rule is bullshit.

My Heatles got cocky and lost a game they had in the bag, but it's no big deal.

Also now that I've seen every team play at least once, here are my playoff predictions:

East:
1. Indiana Pacers
2. Miami Heat
3. Brooklyn Nets
4. Chicago Bulls
5. Cleveland Cavaliers
6. Detroit Pistons
7. New York Knicks
8. Washington Wizards

West:

1. Golden State Warriors
2. Los Angeles Clippers
3. San Antonio Spurs
4. Houston Rockets
5. Oklahoma City Thunder
6. Minnesota Timberwolves
7. Dallas Mavericks

and the last spot is between the nuggets and the grizz, whoever sucks less

Dark Master

Panda Paintbrushes
Awards
For real, just let them play but not get out of control ya know?
Yeah I saw that, you have to admit that Michael carter williams did pretty good for his nba debut.

Hmm interesting predictions, I agree more or less with the east but the west I disagree with a few.

East:
1. Indiana Pacers
2. Miami Heat
3. Chicago Bulls
4. Brooklyn Nets
5. New York Knicks
6. Cleveland Cavaliers
7. Detroit Pistons
8. Washington Wizards

West:
1. Los angeles Clippers
2. San Antonio Spurs
3. Oklahoma City Thunder
4. Houston Rockets
5. Golden State Warriors
6. Minnesota Timberwolves
7. Dallas Mavericks
8.Portland Trailblazers

I think okc could go higher depending on how westbrook plays when he gets back in two weeks

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Yeah I kind of jumped the gun with some of those, but I still think I'm not too far off.

AND YES, MCW KILLED IT. He's my favorite rookie in this class and I've been telling everyone he was contend for ROY with Oladipo and maybe Zeller or Maclemore.

Also I love how CP3 is being more aggresive on offense through these first couple of games. Reminds me when he was with NO

Dark Master

Panda Paintbrushes
Awards
Yeah I'm sure both of our predictions will change throughout the year lol

Yeah same here dude, I picked oladipo as ROY but MCW might sway my mind!

Me too, its strange really. I'm used to him just going for passes more than anything but I guess with a revamped team, he feels more comfortable and knows this could be his teams year

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Damn MCW again, shutting down D Rose and coming up with the clutch assist. Hope he doesn't fall back down to earth anytime soon.

Need my Heat to beat the wizards today too haha. 1-3 will be unacceptable.

Dark Master

Panda Paintbrushes
Awards
Damn MCW again, shutting down D Rose and coming up with the clutch assist. Hope he doesn't fall back down to earth anytime soon.

Need my Heat to beat the wizards today too haha. 1-3 will be unacceptable.

Unfortunately after you said that he fell back down to earth and lost to the warriors :( still he's my pick for ROY!

AHHH yes westbrook is back so thunder will be back on top of the west :D

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
the absolute lack of faith in the lakers makes me sad

laker nation ni ggas

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I've been telling everyone that the Lakers team as it is now is better than when they had D12. With better athletes to run Mike Dantoni's system and a new focus on Gasol as the main post player (which he should have been even with Bynum and D12), the Lakers will probably win 40~47 games this season and maybe catch the 8th seed in the west.

Also the with the return of Kobe, he'll get 10 wins by himself

Dark Master

Panda Paintbrushes
Awards
Well the lakers just beat houston so there is still hope for them, I just really don't know much about a lot of the players on the team so idk how good they are

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Well Mike D'antoni is really good at making shitty players look like world beaters so it's no surprise you haven't heard of some of them.

I mean, he even makes Wesley Johnson look good

Dark Master

Panda Paintbrushes
Awards
Well Mike D'antoni is really good at making shitty players look like world beaters so it's no surprise you haven't heard of some of them.

I mean, he even makes Wesley Johnson look good

This is very true, I've been noticing that a lot. Did you see xavier henry tonight??

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
I've been telling everyone that the Lakers team as it is now is better than when they had D12. With better athletes to run Mike Dantoni's system and a new focus on Gasol as the main post player (which he should have been even with Bynum and D12), the Lakers will probably win 40~47 games this season and maybe catch the 8th seed in the west.

Also the with the return of Kobe, he'll get 10 wins by himself

honestly, i think D12 held them back. he was expected to be a big shot and he didn't really perform, and yet they kept feeding him the ball. i really don't mind that he's gone tbh.

and i'm also alright with not having kobe around for a while. i think the lakers too often make it into a kobe game, and i'm 100% fine with letting other players shine. i think if kobe cools it down when he comes back, they can have a team with a lot better synergy than we've seen before. honestly, all they really need right now is a solid point guard who isn't a ball hog, which i think kobe can do when he comes back. steve blake has been doing a pretty atrocious job of filling kobe's shoes in the starting line up. he did well last season, but this season i've found him so diddlying disappointing.

This is very true, I've been noticing that a lot. Did you see xavier henry tonight??

dude xavier consistently brings his a-game. really respect that guy.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
i also like how we're all in agreement that the western conference is a lot more entertaining lol.

if only the eastern conference had more than one team.

Dark Master

Panda Paintbrushes
Awards
Haha the west is better easily! The east has the heat and indiana, that's it.

Kobes coming back soon, excited taylor?

I love how portland has won 12 in a row, they are playing so good all around.

I'm excited for tomorrows game of okc vs spurs the day before thanksgiving :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back