• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Name change

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

shad0w

Website
cobalt.subprofile.com
Have any of you ever thought of changing your name? (No, not your username here, your actual name) I have, and I plan to. Post here, if you have or if you plan to. Also your thoughts, whatever they may be.

As for me, I plan on changing my last name, Minnich, to Rains. Why (change my name)?

1. I don't like Minnich.
2. I don't want to bear my father's name anymore. (I don't like my dad at all, or his whole side of the family for that matter)
3. I'm far more English than I am German. (In other words I think it's odd to have a German last name when i'm mostly English)
4. Because of my grandpa (who's last name is Rains)- he's probably had more of an impact in my life than anyone... Well, more of a positive impact on my life than anyone else.
5. Not that I have anything against Germans, but i'm most proud of my English heritage.
6. I would have more to live up to if I changed my last name to Rains.
7. I wish to be nothing like my "dad."

Some of you might argue that it changes who I am. No, it does not. It only changes my "tag-" what i'm known as.

Last edited:

iN{THInKR}Side

Go to the right and a bit left then go straight un
Iguess your right. I like my first name, I wouldn't change it. Bc it's not aname that everyone haves. Griselle. I say its nice.

My last name maybe, I don't like having my dad's last name when his whole family doesn't even like me. I'm not sure what i want to change it, but if I have a chance or time I will proably think of somethong

VirusCoreHacker

I was thinking of chanign my name,Based on a game or anime character,The only way i will do that if Every member of my family died,I'll might keep my last name,or i'll just get rid of it and go on a life journey,or sumthin like that

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
Tender Heart said:
Yes. I do want to change my name, to...Sam-Samantha OR Alex-Alexandra.

why does this not surprise me? :p

I like my name, just the way it is :D , except maybe my last name. But I don't think you can legally change that.

Rich

Come out, Tigerlily
Awards
Website
rairich.blogspot.com
Hm, my first name and middle name are after my grandfathers, of whom I love and miss (both dead). My last name is unique and I love it. Plus most people call me by some variation of my last name. So, I doin't really need or want a name change.

Blue Mage

Bearer of the True Rune.
Randall Dustin (Dusty). I totaly hate it. My parnets wanyed a "country son", wich I am so obviously not. I cant think of anything but I just ahte my name. I am so far from eign what my parents wanted me to be. They wanted a son who likes rodeo, western crap, & all that southern hick stuff. I am a geek who is quite good at computers & absolutly loves to Role-Play & play RPG's. I know that they still love & me & suprt me in whatver I like, but I can sense that they wished I was different.

M

MegaFlare

^ Your name's Randall? Sweet. XP

Also, Shad0w, I think you should go with a name change ^^ Not because I don't like your name, but because your reasons are worth it.

shad0w

Website
cobalt.subprofile.com
Also, Shad0w, I think you should go with a name change ^^ Not because I don't like your name, but because your reasons are worth it.

Ah, finally. Someone who agrees. The only downside is i'd have to get a new social security number for here in the U.S.A., and re-set up my bank acount and all that sh*t. =/ But, that's not really a bad downside.

Innerdarkness: You can, but I think you have to be 18 or older.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
When I was younger I wanted to change my name to Tommy... I was obsessed with the Power Rangers.

But now, I don't kow if I'd want to change my name. It's alright for now but who knows later.

Blue Mage

Bearer of the True Rune.
MegaFlare said:
^ Your name's Randall? Sweet. XP QUOTE]

Meanie. :p

So, what are all the tecnacalaties & stuff to change your name anyway?

When I was younger I wanted to change my name to Tommy... I was obsessed with the Power Rangers.

ROFLMFAO! OH MY GOSH! WHAT A LOOZER!!!
Sorry, I had the oppurtunaty & I just had to take it.

M

MegaFlare

Ah, finally. Someone who agrees. The only downside is i'd have to get a new social security number for here in the U.S.A., and re-set up my bank acount and all that sh*t. =/ But, that's not really a bad downside.

Innerdarkness: You can, but I think you have to be 18 or older.

I definitely agree with you. The reasons are were good enough to change your name. I understand what you wrote about your father. :p

Yes, you will have to change your social security, ect. And if you have a bank account, you'll have to go through all of that blah with them to get your name changed.

Usually it takes about three weeks before your name is officially changed.

MegaFlare said:
^ Your name's Randall? Sweet. XP QUOTE]

Meanie. :p

So, what are all the tecnacalaties & stuff to change your name anyway

I wasn't being mean! Randall is a BEAUTIFUL name! PM me if you want to know why it's even cooler :p

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Blue Mage said:
ROFLMFAO! OH MY GOSH! WHAT A LOOZER!!!
Sorry, I had the oppurtunaty & I just had to take it.
Bah. I was six at the time and all my friends wanted to do it too.

It was a great show after all.

shad0w

Website
cobalt.subprofile.com
Megaflare: Really? (rhetorical question =P) You and SoS are the only people I know here who understands what I mean =/.

I plan on changing it as soon as I graduate high school, hopefully. Imo, though, those three works of all that crap will be worth it. I almost cringe everytime someone calls me by my last name or mentions it somehow. =P

M

MegaFlare

I understand completely XP Yes, it's worth it. And do you graduate this year?

Yes, those three weeks will be worth it. A friend of mine got married, she waited three weeks just for her name to be officially changed on everything.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
I've seen a lot of people who wanted their name changed, sha0w's one of the few who actually has valid reasons, imo. I wanted to change my last name a couple of years ago, and I did have most of the same reasons shad0w mentioned.

I'll spare you the personal blah, but in the end it came down to the fact that both of my grandparents' last names reminded me of positive and negative influences that family members of both sides have had in my life.. so I just learned to accept my current last name. I'm still not a huge fan of it, but eh.. I'll only change it when I'm absolutely sure I want to get rid of the name, which right now, I'm not.

So anyway, yes, shad0w, your reasons are more than enough to change your name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back