• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nahime having a keyblade?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kostas

Awards
why not ? she is a combinatation of kairi and sora not kairis exclusive nobody .so if roxas can wield there may be a possibility of namine being able to wield too

M

MikeyDS

In all honesty, I think if she had to, then yeah, Namine COULD have a keyblade. Think about it, Roxas is Sora's Nobody, and he can wield a keyblade. Namine is Kair's Nobody, so she's in the same boat. Now I see everyone saying Kairi isn't a wielder, but does no one remember those short 5-10 seconds where Kairi is on screen with Riku, fighting side by side and she's wielding the Wish Maker(i think, either that or Oath Keeper, I don't remember the names to all the keyblades) Keyblade? I don't know about anyone else, but whether it was for a short time or not, she was holding and fighting with A keyblade... Wouldn't that make her a wielder? So if you put two and two together... It's not impossible...

A

Audo

why not ? she is a combinatation of kairi and sora not kairis exclusive nobody .so if roxas can wield there may be a possibility of namine being able to wield too
I think if Nami was ever going to be given such an ability, they would have shown it by now.
Not to mention, if she could have used the Keyblade, the Organization would have used her for a lot more than what they did. A Keyblade wielder is extremely useful to them, so, if Nami could have wielded, they would have used Nami for that.

In all honesty, I think if she had to, then yeah, Namine COULD have a keyblade. Think about it, Roxas is Sora's Nobody, and he can wield a keyblade. Namine is Kair's Nobody, so she's in the same boat. Now I see everyone saying Kairi isn't a wielder, but does no one remember those short 5-10 seconds where Kairi is on screen with Riku, fighting side by side and she's wielding the Wish Maker(i think, either that or Oath Keeper, I don't remember the names to all the keyblades) Keyblade? I don't know about anyone else, but whether it was for a short time or not, she was holding and fighting with A keyblade... Wouldn't that make her a wielder? So if you put two and two together... It's not impossible...
Gayblade = Riku's Keyblade.
Jack Sparrow and Leon held a Keyblade for five seconds, should we label them as wielders too? A wielder is someone who can summon a Keyblade, and so far, Kairi can't do that.

Awards
Gayblade = Riku's Keyblade.
Jack Sparrow and Leon held a Keyblade for five seconds, should we label them as wielders too? A wielder is someone who can summon a Keyblade, and so far, Kairi can't do that.

The difference is that Kairi can actually use it.
Nomura said that the keyblade can be passed under certain conditions, and it's been implied that the condition is that the one receiving the keyblade is a chosen wielder as well.

The Gayblade is Riku's, yes, but the fact that Kairi can wield it hints that she's a chosen wielder (albeit of another keyblade). She may not have even used this other keyblade but, regardless, we'll probably be seeing her with her own keyblade in the future.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The difference is that Kairi can actually use it.

The difference is that Riku let her as opposed to the first time that was instinctive with Leon, and willed back with Jack. Riku told her "take this". I don't think we should ignore that that easily.

Nomura said that the keyblade can be passed under certain conditions, and it's been implied that the condition is that the one receiving the keyblade is a chosen wielder as well.

"Passed". The last time a Keyblade was "passed" in the series was when Sora literally reached into Riku's Heart and snatched the Keyblade from there. I think none of us want to compare Riku handing her the Keyblade in the most physical sense to that.

The Gayblade is Riku's, yes, but the fact that Kairi can wield it hints that she's a chosen wielder (albeit of another keyblade). She may not have even used this other keyblade but, regardless, we'll probably be seeing her with her own keyblade in the future.

Or she's a Princess of Heart, with established relations to the Keyblade, and hence the Keyblade - with a Keychain no doubt based on Memories of hers - didn't go off running.
There's a plethora of explanations that were already established and implied in the series in the past before we even need to glance at Kairi being a wielder herself.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nahime (Princess Na?) can't wield. Neither can Namine.

Why does this Kairi wielding sound like an old thread that was up last week?

BladeofHearts18

what're u talking about kairi is a wielder. in KH2 she weilded a keyblade. it may not be in KH1 but she is still able to wield one... i don't understand.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
what're u talking about kairi is a wielder. in KH2 she weilded a keyblade. it may not be in KH1 but she is still able to wield one... i don't understand.

The Keyblade was not her own. She held it, and swung it, true, but the one that summoned it, and had a part in the novels describing the act for him, was Riku. Going by "you summon the Keyblade, you're its wielder" - the Keyblade is Riku's.

WaveK89

Yay, we have another "Why Kairi could hold a keyblade" thread.

Anyway, from my perspective, I just don't see Naminè wielding a keyblade. I guess I would have to see it myself, but I just don't see it happening.

In terms of Kairi, we did get to see a brief shot with Kairi using a keyblade given by Riku. I guess since Kairi wants to protect Sora, I could see her fighting.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Then that would mean Captain Jack and Leon are wielders as well...but they aren't. Far from it. Sure, they might have the potential to but everybody does.

Jafar even had the keyblade and I really don't think he is a wielder.

Namine doesn't need a keyblade. She has her memory altering powers. That is awesome enough.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Jafar even had the keyblade and I really don't think he is a wielder.

...when did that happen? o.o

Namine doesn't need a keyblade. She has her memory altering powers. That is awesome enough.

That's even more awesome as she could no doubt get Sora, Riku and Mickey all as her Memory-slaves. That gives her three Keyblades 8D

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
...when did that happen? o.o

I feel like it was in a cutscene but it didn't stay in his hands...or I am confusing Jafar with Jack...-_- I think that might be it.

That's even more awesome as she could no doubt get Sora, Riku and Mickey all as her Memory-slaves. That gives her three Keyblades 8D

Hence why Namine is better than Kairi.

Awards
The difference is that Riku let her as opposed to the first time that was instinctive with Leon, and willed back with Jack. Riku told her "take this". I don't think we should ignore that that easily.

And I'm not.
Did Sora refuse that Leon could hold it? Did he not willingly give Jack the Keyblade?

We see especially with Jack that Sora knew it would return to him even if he willingly gave it to Jack.

"Passed". The last time a Keyblade was "passed" in the series was when Sora literally reached into Riku's Heart and snatched the Keyblade from there. I think none of us want to compare Riku handing her the Keyblade in the most physical sense to that.

Entirely different scenario. We're not talking about the passing of the right to be a chosen wielder from one to another, we're just talking about one person wielding another's keyblade.

Or she's a Princess of Heart, with established relations to the Keyblade, and hence the Keyblade - with a Keychain no doubt based on Memories of hers - didn't go off running.

Yeah, if only Sora had Follow the Wind equipped. THEN Jack could make off with the Keyblade.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah, if only Sora had Follow the Wind equipped. THEN Jack could make off with the Keyblade.

Arguably, yes, until Sora'd have called it back or the Keyblade would've decided to teleport back on its own. There's a limit to how much importance I'm willing to give a Keychain in that matter.
However, seeing how aside from the default Keychains, the only ones that matter are the Oathkeeper and Oblivion, it's redundant to talk about it.

Awards
Arguably, yes, until Sora'd have called it back or the Keyblade would've decided to teleport back on its own. There's a limit to how much importance I'm willing to give a Keychain in that matter.
However, seeing how aside from the default Keychains, the only ones that matter are the Oathkeeper and Oblivion, it's redundant to talk about it.

What makes more sense to you as a precondition to wielding someone else's Keyblade aside from having a strong heart:
- That you have memories attached to said keyblade
- That you have the ability to wield a Keyblade.

I don't even see how you can consider the first to be a condition. It makes the concept of the keyblade having chosen wielders redundant.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
No, I'm saying that if the original wielder wanted someone else to hold and swing their Keyblade that that's enough. It's not like Kairi unlocked locks or sealed keyholes. She just swung it around. The Keychain would raise her affinity with it but that's that.

Awards
Using a keyblade in combat = wielding a keyblade.
Wielding by definition implies that one has and can use something.

Kairi was using that keyblade to destroy heartless, and you can bet that if they were Emblems, we'd be seeing hearts released.

Even if it is temporary, it makes the idea of chosen wielders redundant.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
That depends greatly on how much importance you're willing to give to holding a Keyblade. She did not summon it. At the end of the day, it doesn't seem like she has it anymore. And if you really want to make a fuss about it, she's a PoH so there's your cheat-sheet explanation.
Really. Until they explain why her Heart left her body despite her being a PoH, Kairi's the last person I can see turning into a wielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back