• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My Ultimate Theory Part 1: Birth by Sleep

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowXIII

Please Note:

Master Xehanort will refer to the old Xehanort and Xehanort the Apprentice will refer to the second Xehanort.

This is a complete theory

BIRTH BY SLEEP

Part 1: Overview
Birth by Sleep is the title of the upcoming PSP game in the Kingdom Hearts series, telling the story of three new Keybearers who must track down Master Xehanort, an old man who shares the name of Ansem the Wise's apprentice.

Let's begin with my idea of the trio. We especially know that Terra and Ven are connected to Riku and Sora, but how? We see both of them on the Destiny Islands, but where in the game, we don't know. Did they originate their? Or is this the end?

Terra, Ven, and Aqua are apprentices of a Keyblade Master unknown as of now, and are sent on a mission to find another master, Xehanort, along with his apprentice, who I will refer to as Dark Soldier.

Master Xehanort appears as an old man, but in clothing similar to Ansem (reffering to the Apprentice Xehanort's Heartless). His goal is "Kingdom Hearts" and is interested in the "Hearts of Pure Light".

Part 2: Terra, Ven, and Aqua

Terra: He seems to be the oldest, and strongest of the three, making him the "leader" on the mission. Terra was also interested in the "hearts of pure lights" and in all the pictures or trailers with Terra confronting Master Xehanort, he says "I have a friend," or "What have you done to his heart?" (See Part 3). Ven, Aqua, and Terra believed that they should too search for hearts of pure light, believing that Master Xehanort will appear. But something happens to Terra:

Aqua: "I'll ask again."
Aqua: "Was what you said to Ven a lie?"
Maleficent: "It was all true."
Maleficent: "Terra succumbs to darkness in order to gain power."
Aqua: "Get out of here!"

This means Terra either joined the side of darkness, or pretended to. I believe Terra didn't join the darkness for power, but needed it, or thought he did, to help someone...Ven. (See Part 3)

Ven: He seems to be the youngest and doesn't know as much about the Keyblade. He resembles Roxas, Sora's Nobody. Master Xehanort also met Ven in the Olympus Colliseum. He either didn't know it was Master Xehanort, or forgot.

(Ven turns to see MX)
Ven: Who Are You
(Eyes widen)
MX: Seems that your loosing it
MX: However, you haven't lost it perminantly
MX: However, the only way to obtain it, give up. Now Recover Everything

What does this mean?

These are my theories on ven:

1) Ven lost his memories of his past, and must surrendor to MX to recieve them, supposedly.
2) Ven lost the ability to weild the Keyblade, but he could still return it. (See Part 3)

I go with theory number 2.

Aqua: The only woman in the trio, and her role is unknown. She seems to have a care-free heart, seen dancing infront of the castle. Aqua is wise, which interviews say you can tell by her voice. She cares about Ven and Aqua deeply.

Part 3: The Meaning of Birth, Awakening, and Unbirths

Birth by Sleep may mean many things, with the true meaning unknown.

My idea is the birth of a Keyblade Master. Here's why. Sora became the Keyblade Master after the events of "The Awakening," similar to Roxas. Sora's ability to weild the Keyblade was "sleeping" and once "awakened," he becomes a Keyblade Master. So what is an Unbirth? Un is a prefix meaning not, or opposite of. Un-birth, opposite of birth. If Birth by Sleep means to recieve the ability to become a Keyblade Master, than an unbirth is an ex-keyblade master, one who lost the ability to weild. I think that the emptyness from loosing the Keyblade grows, and consumes him. Tie it in to what I said about Ven, and it makes sense. We know he wasn't the strongest of the three, and he lost "Something," so maybe it really means that he is "Loosing" it, the power of the Keyblade. Now, Terra says "What have you done to his heart?" He is reffering to Ven most likely. Whether he pretends to side with darkness, or really is siding to help Ven (similar to Riku helping Kairi), he might be searching for a sort of "cure." Otherwise, Malificent is lying.

Part 4: Master Xehanort, Dark Soldier, and Terra

Master Xehanort and the Dark Soldier left, with one of their goals to search for hearts of pure light. One of the biggest mysteries is "Why does Master Xehanort have the same name as Apprentice Xehanort?" Birth by Sleep is supposed to be about Xehanort's forgotten memories. So could this mean Apprentice Xehanort is really someone else using the same name? Or maybe, he is one of the trio, or somehow the same entity as Master Xehanort.

Master Xehanort is supposedly the enemy who's mistake needs to be corrected by Terra, as he says in one of the trailers. What is this mistake, and why Terra? Terra and Master Xehanort are seen a few times together. And I think Terra is siding with Xehanort, because he knows how to help Ven, or so he makes Terra believe.

And what about Dark Soldier, who or what is he? I think he is the darkness in Terra born.

Part 5: Erasure

"Your my friend right. So I ask you one thing...erase me."

The last line in the TGS trailer. Ven says this in the presence of someone on the Destiny Islands. Why does he want to be erased. Something bad must have happened. Ven was friends with Terra. And if Terra does join the darkness, or is consumed by it, then Ven might feel responsible. Or maybe something happened to Aqua. And what does "erase" mean? I doubt its wiping someone with the pencil eraser. To destroy him, or make him just disappear. Who can, and why?

Part 6: Chasers

Forgot about the Chasers? What or who are they? I believe they are chasing something, hense the name. I believe they are chasing Master Xehanort for the Hearts of Pure Light, or an organization with the same goal that includes Master Xehanort.

Part 7: The Event of Radiant Gardens, Xehanort the Apprentice and Kairi

Xehanort was found on the streets of Ansem's castle without a single memory. Who is he really. Is he Master Xehanort? or is he Terra? Neither. I believe Master Xehanort is the Dark Soldier, who is part of Terra.

What does Master Xehanort have to do with Kairi? She is the seventh princess of hearts. She is the last "Heart of Pure Light." If Master Xehanort was searching for the princesses, that means he needed Kairi. And she was in Ansem's castle, so she is connected to him somehow. So if Master Xehanort knew Ansem the Wise, then Ansem knew MX needed Kairi. So he sends her to the Destiny Islands.

Part 8: Basic Summary

Master Xehanort, part of a group known as the "Chasers" are searching for several things, including the Princesses of Hearts, and obviously the heart of all worlds, Kingdom Hearts. Terra, Ven, and Aqua, who are learning the way of the Keyblade Master, are sent to search for Master Xehanort and his apprentice, the Dark Soldier, who is Terra's darkness. The enemies are unbirths, those who lost the power of the Keyblade forever. That is why Sunset Horizon is filled with Keyblades.

Ven is getting weaker as a Keyblade master, and soon learns he will become an Unbirth if he doesn't do anything, and Terra needs to help him. Terra joins Master Xehanort, and slowly gets manipulated by darkness, unaware of this, to save Ven. In the end, he realizes that Master Xehanort was just using him so his plan would be complete, just being a toy. They battle one last time, and Terra and Dark Soldier merge into one being. That one being is found at Ansem's castle, without a single memory of Terra or Dark Soldier, except for "Xehanort." Ansem was somehow involved with all of this, and sent Kairi right before Master Xehanort would find her, to the Destiny Islands, a small world almost impossible to find. For he also knew that the true Keyblade Master would find her somehow (Sora). Ven is found on the Destiny Islands after the long battle, and asks to be erased by someone. Aqua is found by Xehanort the Apprentice, and is used as one of their experiments, creating the first Heartless.

Gabo

The boy who blocked his own shot
Or maybe something happened to Aqua. And what does "erase" mean? I doubt its wiping someone with the pencil eraser. To destroy him, or make him just disappear. Who can, and why?
Cept we know he said that to Aqua.

Xehanort was found on the streets of Ansem's castle without a single memory. Who is he really. Is he Master Xehanort? or is he Terra? Neither. I believe Master Xehanort is the Dark Soldier, who is part of Terra.
The height issue makes me doubt its DS.
I'm still feeling Xehanort should be in the mix somewhere when it comes to the apprentice.

So if Master Xehanort knew Ansem the Wise, then Ansem knew MX needed Kairi. So he sends her to the Destiny Islands.
Due to taking on an apprentice with Xehanorts name, and knowing nothing about the Keyblade prior to Mickey's visit, I doubt MX knew AtW.

Also, Ansem SoD sent Kairi to the islands.
Not AtW

Terra, Ven, and Aqua, who are learning the way of the Keyblade Master, are sent to search for Master Xehanort and his apprentice, the Dark Soldier, who is Terra's darkness. The enemies are unbirths, those who lost the power of the Keyblade forever. That is why Sunset Horizon is filled with Keyblades.
Cept DS is known as a monster infused with darkness.
Which leads us to believe its not just darkness in the DS. Theres something more.
Also, we know that Terra has darkness within him.
DS isn't the embodiment of Terra's darkness. He can't be.

I'm ignoring the rest.
I don't feel like reading a wall of text.

Pictures do wonders.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
That's another huge theory, and I would have dissected it but my buddy above did so and I'm too lazy anyway =\.
Pretty much everything I was going to say has been stated above.

*Edit*

No offense or anything but...this theory like many others feels like another repeat.
I mean by all means it isn't bad, honestly you've compiled a good amount of data to back up most of this.
But it seems like this has been said before, in fact is has been said before nothing really new to assess.

I think waiting for more info would be good, it shant be too long.

Last edited:

PhantomSora14

Nice theory and i'm going to extend off of yours a little bit, but I think the way a keyblade master is chosen by the previous keyblade master. I'm thinking it works the same way as the book "the giver". The master has to transfer all the powers/memories/whatever to the student through lessons and so on. However, somehow the master to student thing got messed up and sora/riku/kairi were never trained properly.

Awards
Cept DS is known as a monster infused with darkness.
Which leads us to believe its not just darkness in the DS. Theres something more.
Also, we know that Terra has darkness within him.
DS isn't the embodiment of Terra's darkness. He can't be.

We don't know if MX was actually referring to DS there. I mean, I would say most likely he was, but there's still a good chance he was talking about Terra (or someone else... which I doubt).

The only part of this theory that I actually like is the idea for Unbirths, which has really already been suggested.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
I KNEW I've seen the same thing before, so it's just a revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back