• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My KH2 PAL Release Analysis

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Ok, so normally we're not allowed to ask release dates or make topics about it, but I just want to make something straight to all believers here.

KH2 will not be released before the summer in Europe. In fact, you can count on an August release or later.

Why am I saying this? Has anyone heard of the other Square titles? Did you know for example that the in November 2005 released DQ8 in US, is being released this April in Europe and Australia?

That is 4-5 months...

March is the expected US release (dont count on it though, I think its gonna be April or something), so that would mean that if Square-Enix does the same (in my eyes) louzy oversea job, then that would mean Europe gets it in August/September, 4/5 months later...

Just to inform you guys, before everyone goes all crazy when they hear the release is so late in Europe...:rolleyes:
(It could even be October lol, since March isnt really a release Im expecting right now for the US)

Sorareborn

actually according to one forum that was closed (control freaks)...the release date might be march 15 according to the egm magazine website, which is reliable for many reasons...1:its unique and no other site has it....2.They have a big kh 2 section in the issue for next month...3. They have an interview and in the interview there might be a release date announcement....I seriously dont know why it was closed, cause if that is the release date I'm going on a rant on how people need to stop freaking out about their being release date topics, seriously WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH!!! GET A LIFE!!!!

Matador

I'd say they will release KH2 faster than DQ in europe because there probably is a better market for the KH series than for DQ which, as far as I know, has not shown any instalment in europe. So square-enix will probably put a bigger effort in releasing KH2 than DQ thus doing it sooner :).

Xell

Wait, wut?
I think if you check amazon.co.uk, and search kingdom hearts 2, it says released on may, I ain't checked for ages though..

CidHighwind

well if it comes out in march thats 2/3 months after its jap release so i think
new2ya has a pretty good point (though 4 months is a little extreme) also i do think it will be coming this march but thats just me (also mags can be wrong and about the interview with nomura i dont even think he knows when its coming out)
and i also just relized that its gonna take forever to do voice-overs for all of the different european dialects so maybe 4 months isnt extreme

Last edited:

sorasblade

U.S release in kh2 official north american site it says coming spring 2006 and i would think that if it was coming in march look for the march issue of egm and playstation magazine for ads of the game if there not there then its coming till april or may.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
*Goes and buys NTSC converter/adaptor thingy*

If that is the case then i will actually screw...

However, Kh2 does/must (speculation, but still) have a larger fan base than DQ8, sure i wanna play the game, but SE will be looking for maximum economic potential surely, which means satisfying the 3 and a half year wait of its KH fans will be higher on there priority list than the relatively unknown DQ series...TBH i'd never heard of or seen any DQ games before coming to this site...

skilled keyblada

k k k just plz dont tell me that the europe and australian version comes at the same time iv heard it gets here around april if its like august ill run too freakin america and set up an underground cave where ill stel a ps2 and vkh2 game either that or ill just commit suicide cuz everyday is getting harder waiting for kh2 (suicide was a joke dont start arguin wth me nbout that.) and too be honest after all this waiting im starting too wish i never played kingdom hearts at all its haunting me.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Ok so I think I didnt get anyone's real attention here. No ones actually listening.

Everyone makes a big mistake about PAL release (Europe and Australia. Same time, skilled keyblada)

The thing with PAL is that it needs to be translated to at least 6 languages or such or more. You have Spanish, Portugese, Italian, German, French, etc etc etc.
That takes time, yesh...

More time than I would expect, but its true so we can keep saying "but EGM says thats not true". Screw the magazine, they dont know what theyre talking about. Do they do their research lately?!! Magazines always make mistakes.

As for it being too late? Think again. Normally, SQ-EN releases the PAL release a full year after the Japan release. Look at FFX-2, look at FFXI, look at KH1, look at actually all the FF games and look at DQ8...

What Im trying to say is: "Do not fool yourself."
If you all go thinking you get it in April/May, you'll be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back