• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► My friend has this one issue >_>

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gankz

Guh, he won't stop cutting himself and its really getting to me >__<

He recently went through a breakup with a girl he had been going out with for a year, but because of school placement issues (he was going to a different school) she claims he had changed and she broke up with him. I really wish he would stop cause hes my best friend and it really hurts me to see him hurting himself. His girlfriend is a good friend of mine because of their relationship so i can't really say that its her fault for making him feel so bad but hes really blaming himself for it and it doesn't help that she already has a new boyfriend D: I need some way of getting him to stop because he does it around night or something, its just little tiny cuts on his arm, like a cenemeter long on the top of his arm....he had one yesterday and now he comes to school and now he has two...can someone help me out here? I need some method of helping him out and getting him to stop it.

After reading other threads btw ima add this to ANYONE who wants to act like an ass.
In the "Help/Support" area. As in, questions about making friends In Real Life, how do you get good grades, how do you get a girlfriend/boyfriend, how do you keep this gf/bf? Suicidal thoughts and other topics go here. Hence the support. We're not going to make fun of you. That is strictly forbidden, the members here are VERY nice.

However, after seeing a thread asking something about a signature gets to be tedious to read and for us mods, tedious to move. Technological threads do not belong here. Questions about the site itself don't belong here. This place is, what I like to call it, "Social Help." Not like we're all lonely people, but we all need help sometimes. Trust me, so do I. I just have another outlet and I have a very good and trustworthy friend who doesn't mind helping. But for those of us who need more advice than one persons, this is where you go.

Understand? This is the Social Support area. We'll repeat that for those of us too lazy to read long posts. =P

This is the Social Help/Support Area. Everything else, gotta read the description of the places. If you think yours can fit in more than one, choose the most appropriate. Ask if you have to. Mods are here to help, we're not mean people, honest.

Either way, enjoy posting and I hope this clears things up a little bit!

D

Divine Light

hmmmmmmmmmm.....well maybe get gim into some councilling...if his parents dont know you should tell them

Gankz

i was thinking of that but its kinda messed up

plus i have a huge problem with his mom....physcob!tch from hell for real D:

D

Divine Light

hmm..how about the dad???.... does his ex-girlfriend know he is cutting himself

Gankz

i've told her but she doesn't care...and his dad lives in another city...he goes once every other weekend but yea i've never talked to him...but it still doesn't feel right ratting out a friend to his parents =/ D:

D

Divine Light

think about it. one of these days you could find your friend DEAD. would you rather rat him out and have him be mad or risk finding him dead one day knowing you could have helped him?

ratting some one out is small scale compared to death.....you never know..he could commit suicide. then you would probably feel bad you didn't tell his parents.

Gankz

Yea, i'll consider talking to his b!tch mom about it...but not untill i've done EVERYTHING anyone can think of to help him myself D:

now, anyways, is there anything anyone can think of for me to help him myself?

CtR

Firstly, don't freak out, if he is harming himself, you worrying will do nothing but add to the stress, also if you panic then you can't act with a clear head.

1) Have you actually spoken to your friend about all of this?

2) His parents might be b!tchy, but surely your school has a school councillor?

3) His parents might be psycho, but they wouls still care about their son.

4) Erm his ex sounds kinda mean if she doesn't even care and already has a new BF

Dude basically, take your friend out, go get drunk, go have some fun and make him remember what it is like to be single xD

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Firstly, don't freak out, if he is harming himself, you worrying will do nothing but add to the stress, also if you panic then you can't act with a clear head.

1) Have you actually spoken to your friend about all of this?

2) His parents might be b!tchy, but surely your school has a school councillor?

3) His parents might be psycho, but they wouls still care about their son.

4) Erm his ex sounds kinda mean if she doesn't even care and already has a new BF

Dude basically, take your friend out, go get drunk, go have some fun and make him remember what it is like to be single xD

I would be likely to agree with this person, asking the questions and you yourself going over it. Only questions 1-3 anyway. Also, try to at least talk to somebody or go and get advice from websites that concern with cutting and killing oneself. It'll help. I'm not sure any at the moment what are the popular ones but I'm sure there'll definately be something like it. If you don't want to, why not try to call a hotline that can help you with that problem? I'm sure they'lll help even it's not you but your friend....besides it's not worth the risk to see him end his life even if he's doing it slowly. You might have to some action....well that's all I can think up of now, otherwise, good luck and I'll pray that your friend will be watched over by God--even if you might not believe in God but yeah....good luck otherwise.

D

Divine Light

uhhhh CTR you want Gankz to get in trouble to...????????????HELLO hes 15 gotta be 21 to drink.......

CtR

...what kind of High School did/do you go to? Ok by all means don't go get him wasted, but he could still take him out and they could still go have a laugh xD

@Gankz: good luck :)

uhhhh CTR you want Gankz to get in trouble to...????????????HELLO hes 15 gotta be 21 to drink.......

Please refer to my second post where I stated he could always just take him out and not get him wasted.

^_^ there is nothing stopping him from taking his friend out and just having a laugh though xD Since I wasn't aware how young he was when I originally posted I took it back. If you are going to call me out on something then please read the rest of what I said in my posts.

He could still take him out and they could still go have a laugh xD without alcohol.

(= Hope that is clearer now.

@ Gankz: Hope you both had an awesome time.

Gankz

Heh, we went out today and we had fun, plus i gave him this one awesome necklace i had, and i told him if he ever felt the need to cut himself, just look at the necklace and remember that his best friend still cares about him.

Kinda gay-ish but it worked, he hasn't cut himself since!

Thanks for the support guys (and don't call me young D: i love feeling older :D)

Sephiros_TH

Hey if trying too cheer your friend up doesn't help, maybe find somethings to keep his mind off of harming himself. One of my friends cuts him self but I considerably lowered his need to hurt himself by introducing him to some hatred management exercises. Y'know things like focus all your hatred on one object until you no longer feel hateful, meditation, Music, getting a pet, etc. Stuff like that might seem pointless and stupid but it can go a long way. :thumbup:

CtR

Heh, we went out today and we had fun, plus i gave him this one awesome necklace i had, and i told him if he ever felt the need to cut himself, just look at the necklace and remember that his best friend still cares about him.

Kinda gay-ish but it worked, he hasn't cut himself since!

Thanks for the support guys (and don't call me young D: i love feeling older :D)

Aww that's awesome, and it isn't gay at all so don't think that. I'm glad that you guys had fun and I hope everything goes really well from now on.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back