• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

My Art

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku_The_Otaku

I just decided to learn to draw yesterday so I'm going to be posting my amateur art here. First is Roxas.
roxas_by_riku_the_otaku-d7hsmuy.jpg

Riku_The_Otaku

I literally just started, roxas was my second Chibi to ever draw. I'm going to try sora today

Shasta

Awards
Welcome to the art part of the forum hoss. If you are a beginner artist, we can sure help you out to where you get better! The key is research, and that includes studying references from various other works of art, and that isn't limited to video game artwork ;P. I do enjoy seeing chibis, and work on that eraser trouble you have. Here's a quick tip, #2 pencils are horrible for drawing, actually it depends on what you are going for, but #2 pencil erasers are absolute crap, don't work with those ever.

Riku_The_Otaku

Thanks Shasta. Desire, I did make a few tweaks to sora, but he was fun to draw. Axels bair is tricky. I'm posting him tonight.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Welcome to the art part of the forum hoss. If you are a beginner artist, we can sure help you out to where you get better! The key is research, and that includes studying references from various other works of art, and that isn't limited to video game artwork ;P. I do enjoy seeing chibis, and work on that eraser trouble you have. Here's a quick tip, #2 pencils are horrible for drawing, actually it depends on what you are going for, but #2 pencil erasers are absolute crap, don't work with those ever.

Yeah, you can pick up a good art pencil for around 8 bucks. You'll have to sink about 8-10 more for graphite and a sharpener for it, but it's worth it. Also, pick up some Staedler (Mars pastic) erasers. Coincidentally, all of my drawing supplies are Staedler, except for my pencil sharper. Borrowed one from Dad since he's been an artist his whole life. That is a Helix brand one. Anyway are you using a sketchbook or what?

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
A cheap one from a Christian book store.

Haha nice. If I were you, I would order a Strathmore sketchbook when you have the money. They run about 15-20 dollars (I think- could be less?) There's nothing wrong with the sketchbooks at that Christian book store (I've been in quite a few in my day- but they always seem to close down...), but quality certainly helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back