• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Musou Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

DualWielding

After Dragon Quest, Zelda and Gundam going Musou, would you like to see a Musou style Kingdom Hearts title? I'm not a fan of Musou games but would actually be interested in playing as a dual wielding roxas going through thousands of heartless Musou style

Moose

Awards
Wow I was actually thinking of starting a thread like this.
I think it could be pretty cool if done correctly, plus we already have the Battle of 1000 Heartless.

Also I made Sora and Terra in Dynasty Warriors 8:

2s7vv5t.jpg
2mx0s9v.jpg

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Pretty certain we had a thread that talked about different kinds of gameplay styles we'd like to see KH have. My top three are always musou style (maybe less Musou and more the way DQHeroes is, though), visual novel, and a decision-based adventure game ala Life Is Strange.

But yes, I'd love a musou-styled Kingdom Hearts game. It can be its own little story not connected to the main story (but knowing Nomura he'd be like "yes lets make it connect to the series") and just throw in all of our fav heroes, Donald, Goofy, and Mickey, and like two versions of Xehanort as playable characters. It'd be fantastic.

Moose

Awards
Pretty certain we had a thread that talked about different kinds of gameplay styles we'd like to see KH have. My top three are always musou style (maybe less Musou and more the way DQHeroes is, though), visual novel, and a decision-based adventure game ala Life Is Strange.

But yes, I'd love a musou-styled Kingdom Hearts game. It can be its own little story not connected to the main story (but knowing Nomura he'd be like "yes lets make it connect to the series") and just throw in all of our fav heroes, Donald, Goofy, and Mickey, and like two versions of Xehanort as playable characters. It'd be fantastic.

Yeah Dragon Quest Heroes style would probably be best since it still has RPG elements in it.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Wow I was actually thinking of starting a thread like this.
I think it could be pretty cool if done correctly, plus we already have the Battle of 1000 Heartless.

Also I made Sora and Terra in Dynasty Warriors 8:

2s7vv5t.jpg
2mx0s9v.jpg

Ah yes, Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires for the PS4, lol.
I bought that one specfically for the character creation feature (as normal Dynasty Warriors-titles or the Legends-expansions don't have it, only Empires allows character creation), but I haven't got time yet to even start it.

By the way, did you make those screenshots with the game's features or is that the standard PS4-screenshot feature (which I still haven't figured out how to make it work...<__<).

Pretty certain we had a thread that talked about different kinds of gameplay styles we'd like to see KH have.
I recall as well having such a thread where we even already talked a bit more in-depth about how a KH Musou would work.
One of the "problems" I could see for example is what peons/mooks we could give the "good side" as certainly all KH Original characters and most Disney/FF cameos would be officers.
The Bad guys would of course have Heartless, Unversed and Nobodies as footsoldiers, but what are Sora & co going to get? Spirit Dream Eaters? Magic Fantasia Brooms? Chinese Soldiers from Mulan?

Fact is though a Musou style-KH would be probably the best way to emulate/show off something like a Keyblade War as Musou games are primarily going about mowing through thousands of mooks with flashy combos, kick some enemy officers' asses and fulfill some objectives on a huge battlefield.
Something that is distinct for Musou games is though that depending on the scenario you choose, you can play all sides. So there would be an option to play as the bad guys and i.e. go with playing Young Xehanort and slash Mickey to pieces in a scenario and therefore I wonder if Disney would be ok with making a KH Musou title.
Going by that, I can see a FF-Musou being more likely than a KH one.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
By the way, did you make those screenshots with the game's features or is that the standard PS4-screenshot feature (which I still haven't figured out how to make it work...<__<).

Press and hold the share button, wait until the little icon appears and the weird sound it makes. You can also just press the share button and it will take you to the share menu and you can press triangle to save the screenshot it will automatically take.

I wonder if Disney would be ok with making a KH Musou title.

Pretty certain they would. For many years they were trying to make a PvP/fighter style game, and in Disney Infinity you can fight other characters in the Toy Box and also in the playsets themselves if you hit them/toss them over the side of things/kick them.

Disney isn't too worried about that stuff. Considering the work Omega Force has done in the past, I don't imagine Disney would be against this at all.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Actually, I remember a thread suggesting a Kingdom Hearts Warriors (Musou). It even mentioned the fact that Sora could fight many 1k Heartless battles like in KH2. xP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back