• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Music] Orange Range

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

PKKzelfar

hey i know what you're thinking, "PKK, stop posting J. Music!"
something like that..right?
but i still want to introduce it

Orange Range
orange_range.jpg

Indies
The band has roots in Okinawa. The area is famous for being the home of many well-known acts. Before they were signed by a major label, Orange Range played mostly in small art houses and clubs until they were found by a record agent. The band is mix of pop- and rock-style music as can be heard by the vocals and the instrumentals. Their style is also made up of many different cultures and musical styles from around the world. This is attributed to their hometown being Okinawa, a well-known station for American military bases and, thus, cultures and different styles often blend. Due to high sales of their works, Orange Range's singles are often attached to various movies, shows or Japanese products. This is usually seen as a sign of a band or singer having hit "the big time" in the Japanese media.

Originally, Orange Range was a cover band, doing mostly covers of songs by other artists. The band was started by childhood friends Kitao "Kat-chan" Kazuhito and Hiroyama Naoto, but Naoto has professed that Kazuhito was the one to come up with the idea of forming a band. Soon a longtime friend of Naoto, Miyamori Yoh, would join the band as a bassist. Unlike the current band members, the next band member to join, Hokama Hiroki, was relatively an "outsider" in the group of friends that made up the original band. Hiroki was also the first vocalist of the band. Next Miyamori Yoh invited his younger brother, Miyamori Ryo, to join the band as a low vocalist and the second overall vocalist. The band stayed like this for a few months before scouting high range vocalist, Yamato Geneko to the band.

Between the time that Yamato joined and the band being signed to Spice Music's Japanese division, Orange Range mainly did covers of already famous singers and bands, like Glay and Mr. Children, for school concerts and for small art houses. In early 2002, the band was signed to Spice Music and released their first official commercial work, the mini-album Orange Ball, which contained the single Michishirube. The single peaked at #250 on the Oricon charts. It was around this time that the band finally left their home of Okinawa and began touring across the country and opening for various Japanese acts such as Do As Infinity

Present

The band's first single of the year, Kimi Station, was released on March 5, 2008. Also in 2008, the band will perform the opening and ending themes to the Sunrise anime series, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2. They are titled O2 (02~オー・ツー~, Ō Tsū?) and Shiawase Neiro (シアワセネイロ, Shiawase Neiro?). The song "O2" was released as a single late May. "Shiawase Neiro" will be included on Orange Range's fifth studio album, PANIC FANCY, to be 0released in July.

Members
Current
Naoto Hiroyama - guitar (born May 8, 1983)
Ryo Miyamori - low vocals (born October 1, 1985)
Yamato Ganeko - high vocals (born January 14, 1984)
Yoh Miyamori - bass (born December 11, 1983)
Hiroki Hokama - mid-range vocals (born June 29, 1983)
Past
Kitao Kazuhito "Katchan" - drums (born June 19, 1983) (Left the band due to tendinitis on his left little finger around the end of July, 2005, though his illness was apparently not the direct cause of his decision to leave)

You may know some of their songs like, "Viva Rock" from naruto-ending 4
and the jap. version of hana kimi, "Ikani Taiyou"

time for the watch links eh?
of course but 1st, here is their main site-
Orange Range official website
Crunchyroll-
crunchyroll - Music - ORANGE RANGE
if you want to have your own songs, add me to your YM, i promise no virus, ask N0thing, The Messenger and...you know who you are, they requested some songs from me and no problems, enjoy their songs!

Blue

home is where the heart is
Wasn't the very first Opening Theme from Bleach sung by Orange Range?
'Asterisk' was the title, I think.

Their music is not really my taste..

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
Wasn't the very first Opening Theme from Bleach sung by Orange Range?
'Asterisk' was the title, I think.

Their music is not really my taste..

Yup! lol this is all I know about this band. They did the opening to the first 20 or so episodes from Bleach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back