• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

[Music]Asian Kung-Fu Generation

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

PKKzelfar

Hmm...i dont know if there's a thread like this already, i just want you to know one of my favorite bands, they're not that much popular today but they will be, somehow i know
lets give some info on the band first shall we?

Ajikan:
bio_asian.jpg

History
The band was first formed in 1996 by Kensuke Kita, Takahiro Yamada, and Masafumi Gotō who met in a musical circle of Kanto Gakuin University, with Kiyoshi Ijichi joining the band shortly after. They played in many small venues until they released their first indie EP in 2000, a six-song EP of songs sung in English. In the following year, the band tried to get their first Japanese single, "Kona Yuki" (粉雪, "Kona Yuki"?), onto indie radio shows. The song was eventually picked up by a popular radio DJ and put into heavy rotation due to the demand of listeners. The band released their second indie CD containing songs with Japanese lyrics later in 2001. In 2003, the band would release their first mini-album Hōkai Amplifier (崩壊アンプリファー, Hōkai Amplifier?), which received immense critical acclaim with the sales of the album reaching 35 on the Oricon charts.

In 2003, the band released the singles "Mirai no Kakera" (未来の破片, "Mirai no Kakera"?) and "Kimi to iu Hana" (君という花, "Kimi to iu Hana"?), which would catapult them to fame. Their first full album, Kimi Tsunagi Five M (君繋ファイブエム, Kimi Tsunagi Five M?), sold over 250,000 copies and landed in the number 5 spot on the Oricon charts in its first week. As their fame grew, fans began calling them simply Ajikan (アジカン, Ajikan?) or AKG, shortened versions of their full name.

When 2004 came around, the band won the award for Best New Artist; their video "Kimi to iu Hana" also won the award for Best Music Video. Over the course of the year, the band would release four more singles: "Siren" (サイレン, "Siren"?), "Loop & Loop" (ループ&ループ, "Loop & Loop"?), "Rewrite" (リライト, "Rewrite"?), which is the fourth opening song for the anime Fullmetal Alchemist and "Kimi no Machi Made" (君の街まで, "Kimi no Machi Made"?). Their song "Haruka Kanata" is the second opening of the anime Naruto. The band also released their second album, Sol-fa (ソルファ, Sol-fa?), in 2004. The album would go on to sell more than 600,000 copies and reach number one on the Oricon charts for two weeks straight.

In 2005, they released a DVD that stayed at number one on the Oricon DVD charts for an entire month, and played at sold out venues during their Re:Re: tour. The band also held the Nano-Mugen Festival 2005, where eight different bands played to a sold out crowd. Later that year, the band released another single "Blue Train" (ブルートレイン, "Blue Train"?) (which managed to obtain a #5 spot on the charts), and held a short tour in the winter.

The band released two albums in 2006: Fanclub (ファンクラブ, Fanclub?) and a B-side compilation called Feedback File. Fanclub stayed in the Oricon top five for nearly two months while Feedback File entered the charts at number two. In July, the band held a sequel to their Nano-Mugen Festival known as Nano-Mugen Festival 2 which featured 12 different artists and sold out for all of its performances. The band then went on to release two singles in 2006, "World Apart" and "Aru Machi no Gunjo", which was featured in the anime film Tekkon Kinkreet. World Apart went on to become the band's first number one single.

In February 2008, the band released a single, Korogaru Iwa, Kimi ni Asa ga Furu (転がる岩、君に朝が降る, Korogaru Iwa, Kimi ni Asa ga Furu?), quickly followed by their sixth album, World World World. The album debuted at #1 in the Oricon charts, eventually relapsing into #6 and #9 the weeks after. [1]

Their song After Dark is the 7th opening for the anime Bleach.

Asian Kung-Fu Generation's single and album covers are designed and created by Yusuke Nakamura.[2]

[edit] Member profiles
Masafumi Goto (後藤 正文, Gotō Masafumi?)

Birthdate: December 2, 1976
Place of Birth: Fujieda City, Shizuoka Prefecture
Lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist
Equipment:
'75 Gibson Marauder
Gibson Les Paul Faded Double-Cut (Faded Yellow)
Gibson Les Paul Junior Faded Double-Cut (Worn Cherry)
Roland Custom JC-160 amp
Major: Economics
Favorite Bands: Weezer, Number Girl, Teenage Fanclub, Eastern Youth and Howard Jones
Kensuke Kita (喜多 建介, Kita Kensuke?)

Birthdate: January 24, 1977
Place of Birth: Kanagawa Prefecture
Lead guitarist and background vocal
Equipment:
Gibson Les Paul Standard (Cherry Sunburst)
Gibson Les Paul Standard Premium Plus (Cherry Sunburst)
Gibson Custom Shop 1954 Les Paul Standard Reissue (Ice Tea)
Marshall 4100 JCM 900 Head + cabinet (half-stack).
Bogner Ecstasy 4x12 with 1 cabinet in live and 2 in studio (Seen on "Aru Machi no Ganjou" and "Korogaru Iwa, Kimi ni Asa ga Furu" PV)
Major: Economics
Favorite Bands: Radiohead, Mannix, Supergrass and XTC
Takahiro Yamada (山田 貴洋, Yamada Takahiro?)

Birthdate: August 19, 1977
Place of Birth: Shizuoka Prefecture
Bassist and background vocals
Equipment:
'62 Fender Jazz Bass (Lake Placid Blue, 3-Tone Sunburst)
Ampeg Bass AH 300 Amp head
Major: Literature
Favorite Bands: The Beatles, Oasis, The Smashing Pumpkins, and Pet Shop Boys
Kiyoshi Ijichi (伊地 知潔, Ijichi Kiyoshi?)

Birthdate: September 25, 1977
Place of Birth: Kanagawa Prefecture
Drummer
Pearl Drums (custom set)
Sabian cymbals
Major: Engineering
Favorite Bands: Brian Setzer and Hi-Standard
---------------------------------------------------------
ok that's enough for now, wanna hear them sing??, here's a link to their music vids:
Crunchyroll-Asian Kung-fu Generation

Last edited:

frisson

Silver Member
Haha yer, I'm sure a lot of JRock and Anime fans are familiar with Ajikan.

They're good because they sound nothing like Nightmare, Alice Nine and Dir en Grey. ^_^

PKKzelfar

true, they're one of a kind, my fav. member has gotta be Masafumi Goto
i'm still waiting for their new songs, they's just an indie band for now, but they will rise

PKKzelfar

hehehe...Rewrite is very good i still remember the lyrics of that song, if any of you guys/gals wanna hear them sing, just click the one on my sig or in the link to crunchyroll on my 1st post

PKKzelfar

yeah....well at least they still rok eh?
i hope other animes make their songs some op. songs, especially Kimi To lu Hana
or maybe Sunday, or Konayuki, just make every of their songs op. songs!!

PKKzelfar

yeah..Gackt, remember him, but i forgot all his songs..., even thoguh AKG are almost to their 30's i hope they are still going to show some new songs

PKKzelfar

lol yeah, i hope they beat bands like Flow, NEWS or other bands, but that sounds impossible right?, i also have another fav. band, LM.C, there's a thread here in th media forums, check it out there(and there's also a link to their songs on Crunchyroll

PKKzelfar

well, you might know FLOW from the song.."Fighting Dreamers" from Naruto, or is it called "Go!!!?, dunno..you want me to make the thread to also introduce some Jap. bands?

PKKzelfar

yep, you can find many J-bands today like Home Made Kakozou, or Hearts Grow, they're not that popular but soon they will be, like NEWS, they're one of the famous J-rock/pop bands(and mostly girls like the becuz they have the cutest and hottest boys, like my cuzin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back