• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► Motorcity - no, nothing new

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

iLeen

Awards
Re: Motorcity

Sorry, didn't mean to bump it intentionally XD Just wanted fans that may be out there not miss a chance to buy some limited edition items, because I would've liked someone to have told me the last time they were selling posters but also, unfortunately, ran out.

I did it again. Sorry!!!! Last post here and I'll let this thread die out.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

I was being mostly facetious; I forgive you.

Gram

Banned
Awards

;A; Why'd it have to die???? Also merch is pretty boss. =D

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

i just finished watching the first three episodes. im really digging this show!!! though i am really disappointed knowing that this is a cancelled series

iLeen

Awards

So much for last post.

I was being mostly facetious; I forgive you.

Yay! I have been forgiven! I can be at peace now.

i just finished watching the first three episodes. im really digging this show!!! though i am really disappointed knowing that this is a cancelled series

Glad you like it! Sorry to disappoint with the cancellation news though :/

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Motorcity was the best Disney show. Then they cancelled it. BUT IT WAS SO GOOD. AND IT HAS MARK HAMILL.

Titmouse Inc. is making a new show for Nickelodeon called Prodigal that has cool cars and a lot of Motorcity crew working on it. Also they talk about Megas XLR a lot in tandem with it. Hopefully it is something like a spiritual successor to the shows somehow.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Motorcity was the best Disney show. Then they cancelled it. BUT IT WAS SO GOOD. AND IT HAS MARK HAMILL.

Titmouse Inc. is making a new show for Nickelodeon called Prodigal that has cool cars and a lot of Motorcity crew working on it. Also they talk about Megas XLR a lot in tandem with it. Hopefully it is something like a spiritual successor to the shows somehow.

the best disney show? what about gargoyles?

but yeah, so far motorcity is pretty solid. shame it got cancelled (sorry to open old wounds). why does disney always cancel their best shows

if the same people who worked on motorcity is working on prodigal, then i definitley will be checking it out

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

the best disney show? what about gargoyles?

I didn't mean across the board. xD I meant from recent years. Nothing tops Gargoyles.

but yeah, so far motorcity is pretty solid. shame it got cancelled (sorry to open old wounds). why does disney always cancel their best shows

Motorcity was made in the United States, so it just cost more in general to produce. Also, lol Disney asked Titmouse Inc to make them a show because they knew how good and popular they were. Mind you, Titmouse Inc.'s regular work includes Metalocalypse, China, IL, Black Dynamite, and Superjail. They are all diddlying amazing shows, but lol they are insane and vulgar.

The story is (I think a few members of Titmouse staff said this but don't quote me on it since I don't remember atm) that Titmouse gave Disney this show concept and the execs had no diddlying clue what to do with it. It certainly wasn't what they expected, and then they ordered a bunch of changes because apparently it was just that crazy.

Apparently Mike from the concept was a lot less...goody two-shoes. xD He also wasn't as positive. The staff was worried that the guidelines they were given by Disney to write a main character had watered down his character and he might end up being unlikeable, but in the end everybody who watched Motorcity loved Mike lol. They don't talk about what the concept was much.

Just know it was really dark. And this isn't even exaggerating. I will find the post for you lol

Titmouse had even started planning out season 2, but because Disney didn't issue a reorder, they had to drop it. :c The stuff they had plans for was interesting too. Mike has a sister, we were going to get a story about Mike's "father", find out a bit of backstory on Chuck & Mike's friendship, something about Texas insulting actual Texans...

There was a smgo campaign for it like YJ had. Nothing came of it, apparently. This was AGES ago but apparently they were having problems getting in contact with Disney?

The show cost a lot, though. It was Chris Prynoski's 10 year dream baby, too, if I remember correctly.

*starts to cry* Ugh this is why I just don't even bother watching Motorcity anymore. It hurts to think about what could have been. Tron: Uprising too.

if the same people who worked on motorcity is working on prodigal, then i definitley will be checking it out

I think you'll really enjoy it!

Last edited:

iLeen

Awards

Titmouse had even started planning out season 2, but because Disney didn't issue a reorder, they had to drop it. :c The stuff they had plans for was interesting too. Mike has a sister, we were going to get a story about Mike's "father", find out a bit of backstory on Chuck & Mike's friendship, something about Texas insulting actual Texans...

Whaaaaat? THAT I did not know. Now I really wish the series makes a miraculous comeback. Plus, all the ideas sounded like they would've made awesome episodes. Too bad it will never be...

The show cost a lot, though. It was Chris Prynoski's 10 year dream baby, too, if I remember correctly.

*starts to cry* Ugh this is why I just don't even bother watching Motorcity anymore. It hurts to think about what could have been. Tron: Uprising too.

I think you'll really enjoy it!

Same here :< But now I have a handful of bought episodes, and they're not going to watch themselves. Oh well, I give in. I'm rewatching all the episodes.

I think you'll love it too! Adds one more to the small list of fans here on KHI :]

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Whaaaaat? THAT I did not know. Now I really wish the series makes a miraculous comeback. Plus, all the ideas sounded like they would've made awesome episodes. Too bad it will never be...

Apparently it wasn't going to be Mike's real father. He was going to be somebody who claimed to be him. There was also the concept of Julie being an android, which would have been interesting because I can see Kane doing something like that. On the other hand it would have been awful because then Julie would have an even worse case of figuring out who she is, and the fact that she wouldn't even be able to trust herself because she'd been helping the Burners all of the time.

I don't think this was on the sticky note board, but in Motorcity's concept and pilot, they had plans of explaining that the technology Kane had was from aliens and that the rest of the United States had similar "deluxe" cities ran by other CEOs after some post-apocalyptic war. I think that was changed to just Kane having unknown benefactors somewhere in the world where they hadn't been destroyed.

These are the best of the sticky notes:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Same here :< But now I have a handful of bought episodes, and they're not going to watch themselves. Oh well, I give in. I'm rewatching all the episodes.

Preach! I started rewatching today, actually. It'll be a year since it was cancelled in a few months...I might sport my old Mike Chilton sets soon...

I think you'll love it too! Adds one more to the small list of fans here on KHI :]

o/

Hopefully it builds a good following. ;A;

iLeen

Awards

Apparently it wasn't going to be Mike's real father. He was going to be somebody who claimed to be him. There was also the concept of Julie being an android, which would have been interesting because I can see Kane doing something like that. On the other hand it would have been awful because then Julie would have an even worse case of figuring out who she is, and the fact that she wouldn't even be able to trust herself because she'd been helping the Burners all of the time.

Both of those sound like they would've been excellent but heartbreaking stories D: I dunno whether I'm relieved or extremely sad that they weren't made. Relief only cause I wouldn't have to go through the tears. I can see Android Julie being a possibility too, but if Kane found out she was helping the Burners, he could've programmed her to betray them or something :<

I don't think this was on the sticky note board, but in Motorcity's concept and pilot, they had plans of explaining that the technology Kane had was from aliens and that the rest of the United States had similar "deluxe" cities ran by other CEOs after some post-apocalyptic war. I think that was changed to just Kane having unknown benefactors somewhere in the world where they hadn't been destroyed.

I can't really imagine aliens coming into play (lol, btw), but I do like the idea of other deluxe cities out there. Mike would've been able to potentially form allies outside of Detroit, although I don't think Kane would be allies with any other dictators. They would all butting heads all the time then.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I want to see them all! LOVE Mike's quote. And Tooley working with Texas? Now I'm really sad these episodes will never come to fruition. And what did happen to Hudson? Lol. I'm glad they noticed all the small details going on (or not going on) in their show.

Preach! I started rewatching today, actually. It'll be a year since it was cancelled in a few months...I might sport my old Mike Chilton sets soon...

Cancellation anniversary should be a marathon day of Motorcity in remembrance of such a great show.
And whaaa? A Mike Chilton set?!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Hilariously, People of Motorcity made a comment on KH3 and now all I want is a Motorcity world in KH3 *sob*

People of Motorcity, Man, my Tumblr dash is so flooded you would think...

Both of those sound like they would've been excellent but heartbreaking stories D: I dunno whether I'm relieved or extremely sad that they weren't made. Relief only cause I wouldn't have to go through the tears. I can see Android Julie being a possibility too, but if Kane found out she was helping the Burners, he could've programmed her to betray them or something :<

Me neither. I figured if they could make a rather harrowing story in "Vendetta", any story about Mike's potential father would alone be depressing since it seems like Mike never had one to look up to until Kane came around. I could have easily seen this being a good way to solidify Mike and Jacob's father-son relationship, too.

Most definitely! Android Julie could have easily become a tool for Kane to use. This is why I'd prefer if she were human because that way if Kane did ever find out that Julie was a Burner, it'd be a manipulation of emotions on his end to make her betray them for some reason and not of programming.

I can't really imagine aliens coming into play (lol, btw), but I do like the idea of other deluxe cities out there. Mike would've been able to potentially form allies outside of Detroit, although I don't think Kane would be allies with any other dictators. They would all butting heads all the time then.

The way they explained it, they were looking for a reason to explain the super-advanced technology Kane had access to in a world that had been previously ravaged by nuclear war. They definitely wanted to explore the idea of a place outside of Detroit in the future because it leaves so much to the imagination. ARE there really other "Deluxe" cities? What are their stances on individual freedoms? Are they aware of the world outside of their city?

I want to see them all! LOVE Mike's quote. And Tooley working with Texas? Now I'm really sad these episodes will never come to fruition. And what did happen to Hudson? Lol. I'm glad they noticed all the small details going on (or not going on) in their show.

A day off in Motorcity would have been glorious. I could see them just chilling out, acting like normal teenagers, listening to music, eating takeout pizza, and watching old 2000s movies on a TV... :c

Apparently they had wanted to include a lot of Hudson in the finale but they were running short on time as it was.

Cancellation anniversary should be a marathon day of Motorcity in remembrance of such a great show.

Yes ;A;

And whaaa? A Mike Chilton set?!

Avatar/signature set xD I have one from "Ride the Lightning" when Mike fights the KaneCo. soldiers + Tooley in the tent.

iLeen

Awards

Hilariously, People of Motorcity made a comment on KH3 and now all I want is a Motorcity world in KH3 *sob*

People of Motorcity, Man, my Tumblr dash is so flooded you would think...

Can it be? Members of Titmouse are also fans of KH?!

Me neither. I figured if they could make a rather harrowing story in "Vendetta", any story about Mike's potential father would alone be depressing since it seems like Mike never had one to look up to until Kane came around. I could have easily seen this being a good way to solidify Mike and Jacob's father-son relationship, too.

Most definitely! Android Julie could have easily become a tool for Kane to use. This is why I'd prefer if she were human because that way if Kane did ever find out that Julie was a Burner, it'd be a manipulation of emotions on his end to make her betray them for some reason and not of programming.

That comparison/contrast between Mike and Mike's unknown father, Kane and Jacob would have been a lovely episode. The past of the root of those relationships are something I wish could've been explored more.

I like the way you think. I could imagine an episode of Kane's manipulation against his own daughter and Julie's growing inner turmoil giving out so many feels.

The way they explained it, they were looking for a reason to explain the super-advanced technology Kane had access to in a world that had been previously ravaged by nuclear war. They definitely wanted to explore the idea of a place outside of Detroit in the future because it leaves so much to the imagination. ARE there really other "Deluxe" cities? What are their stances on individual freedoms? Are they aware of the world outside of their city?

Very good questions, my friend. Seriously, there was so much they could have further explored with such a hidden gem like Motorcity.

A day off in Motorcity would have been glorious. I could see them just chilling out, acting like normal teenagers, listening to music, eating takeout pizza, and watching old 2000s movies on a TV... :c

And they deserve it too, but somehow, I can't imagine that episode ending on a happy note, but bittersweet instead. I was imagining Mike Chilton saying his quote, and then stating it's because their battles seem endless...or maybe I'm just in a depressing mood b/c I reminded myself of Motorcity's cancellation. Mike is always the positive-thinking, optimistic person.

Apparently they had wanted to include a lot of Hudson in the finale but they were running short on time as it was.

Despite them not getting to do the season finale as they probably initially envisioned, they sure did a excellent job with a final episode.

Avatar/signature set xD I have one from "Ride the Lightning" when Mike fights the KaneCo. soldiers + Tooley in the tent.

Ooh, I was thinking collectibles or something. My thoughts were, "Since when did they sell anything Motorcity related?!" But I remember those! That's what got me into Motorcity in the first place :]

sonickenshin

Awards
Re: Motorcity - TEXAS-IFY IT

This show was a lot of fun. It's a darn shame it was cancelled. : ( I would have liked to see those ideas they had for season 2 on screen.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Sees thread revive, sees awesome musical idea, is now sad. (small part of me is always hoping for a revival announcement each time I see this thread)</3

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

It's exciting to see what potential this series had - even though it was already great. I die just trying to imagine Duke kicking the jams~

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Because you know me! Motorcity is my thing~

The Animation Archive

I love seeing how these characters were created. Mike's design is hilarious because he's just flat and blocky but Julie and Kane always had this really awesome depth and design to them.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Unf. That work is gorgeous! I really think the best designs were implemented in the show - but it would have been funny to see Kane's curly brows make a cameo (from rolling out of bed, after getting his ass handed to him, etc.)

lovelovelove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back