• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Mickey wields two different Keyblades?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubine

well this case just reminds me of Riku and his Gayblade, never know, both Micky and Riku might be pulling the same stunt there.

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
Riku had Xehanort's Heartless inside him at the time he was Duel Wielding. Much like how Sora and Roxas have their Ven-factor in play, no doubt.
Who did Mickey "eat up"?

You know, I could see him not having to because of KH always having to make Disney be on an equal level as the other characters. On that note, I think Mickey is probably the strongest known character at the end of KH2. I'm betting part of the reason why, is the thing mention two sentences ago. o.o

zhill05

Inverse Kingdom Key.

The thought about Mickey being able to Duel Wield crossed my mind too, but it makes you wonder why he didn't when Sora, Roxas, and most likely Riku all managed to do it as well.
Then again, unlike them - who had two beings inside them to give two Keyblades, Mickey would be only Mickey, so possibly - that's why he's unable to DW, if he does indeed have two Keyblades.

Possibly the reason why Mickey didn't use both keyblades to dual wield is that it may not be suited to his own fighting style. There was Sora's drive form, which was mostly for the enjoyment of the game, which I don't count as him officially using 2 keyblades. The final fight with xemnas is where I would count Sora Dual Wielding. And there is Roxas who started dual wielding at the end of Days, which ended up being his fighting style in the series.

Much in agree with others, Mickey keyblade (I have dubbed Disney Key) was really needed to help open and close in the series. It closed the dtd in KH1 and opened the door in KH2. Its possible that the star seeker wasn't right right Keyblade that was needed to open the dtd, along with the Way to Dawn and the Kingdom Key.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
There was Sora's drive form, which was mostly for the enjoyment of the game, which I don't count as him officially using 2 keyblades.

Drive Forms aren't non-canon, and Nomura kept referencing their Duel Wielding plentifully. It's canon.

The final fight with xemnas is where I would count Sora Dual Wielding.

Only there is where he wasn't. He was using his own Keyblade, as well as Riku's. Duel Wielding is a term used for when a single Wielder summons two Keyblades on his own. A-La Roxas. A-La Drive Form'd Sora. A-La Riku with the Keyblade he let Kairi use.

i say mickey wields the star seeker until he gets KKD
gives star seeker back to yen sid

yen sid gives star seeker to sora

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The Star Seeker is a Keychain. And going by the KK transferring between Sora and Riku, those can be transferred as well as the actual Keyblade.
The only thing we should accept as factual about Mickey's Star Seeker is that it was based at first on Yen Sid, not necesarilly came from him. Otherwise it's like saying Kairi gave Riku the flowery thing in KH2. She didn't, obviously, but not doubt was the Keychain attached related to her.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
I don't think its a keychain considering sora wielded the ss and mickey wielded Disney key (Yay new name) right?

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
What about Sora having the SS Keychain make it unlikely for Mickey to have had the same Keychain? Hell, them not using it at the same time (outside of Coded which is messed up) actually can be used to support the notion it's a Keychain that was passed.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
All this is confusing but isn't it possible to have your very own keyblade beacuse in the gathering we saw the fenrir

A

Audo

Ah. So that's why Sora and Repliku were there? Makes sense. Although slightly off topic. :)
Not Repliku.

or maybe he only borrowed yen sid's keyblade until he obtained his own
Yeah... because Keyblades can just be "borrowed" for over ten years.

The only thing we should accept as factual about Mickey's Star Seeker is that it was based at first on Yen Sid, not necesarilly came from him.
It did come from him though. Nomura commented how the StarSeeker keychain was something that was passed down from Yen Sid, to Mickey and then to Sora.

But yes, Mickey has two Keyblades. Or well, I suppose it could be possible that when he chose/was chosen/found the IKK and started wielding it, that his Light Realm Keyblade became someone else's Keyblade or something to that effect.

If you consider "There are as many Keyblades as there are qualified hearts to wield them" then that could mean only one person could ever only have one Keyblade. One Keyblade per qualified heart. Perhaps Mickey gave up using his Light Realm Keyblade in favour of the Dark Realm.

This could actually be supported by Dual Wielding since Dual Wielding isn't necessarily someone having two Keyblades, but rather, two Keyblades being awoken due to other circumstances. (Roxas/Ven for Sora, Ven/Xion for Roxas, XH for Riku, etc.) They can wield two Keyblades because they have the essence of two separate wielders.

I'm blabbering.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It did come from him though. Nomura commented how the StarSeeker keychain was something that was passed down from Yen Sid, to Mickey and then to Sora.

And I was talking about the Keychain - hence, based on him. I doubt the Keyblade itself was given to Mickey by Yen Sid.

If you consider "There are as many Keyblades as there are qualified hearts to wield them" then that could mean only one person could ever only have one Keyblade. One Keyblade per qualified heart. Perhaps Mickey gave up using his Light Realm Keyblade in favour of the Dark Realm.

Well, something someone brought up lately was that Light Keyblades have their Dark match-ups in the Dark Realm. So many you do have a Keyblade per qualified Heart - per Realm.
Or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back